• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 March Madness - Round of 96
5 5

159 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, OdinsSecrets said:

Wow that Aquaman book was a 9.8 :whatthe: Am I crazy or was that not a 1.5" crease near the bottom left corner on the FC?

Hide contents

image.png.50eb79dcc8c8a0470da3d70116a65202.png

You're not crazy.  (shrug)  It can only be seen in the large scans though--it's very faint. I dithered about that and finally went with 9.6 anyway. 9.8 is a surprise.

16 minutes ago, flashlites said:

I can't believe I won! Total upset! By just one point! Very close! Well played Tim(worship)

The best man won sir! Congratulations! Best of luck in the next round.

My scores:

AQUA   9.4          actual 9.8 (Not a 9.8 on the best day with corners like that)

RTRNR  2.5          actual 3.5 (Full length crease front and back, stains and pieces missing - anybody's guess on this one lol)

TWB       9.0          actual 9.2 (Originally had it at 9.2 but decided the bottom RHC front cover was too big a crease for that grade)

X-MEN  6.0          actual 5.5 (Originally had it at 5.5 and second guessed myself, I think I was too generous here)

(worship)

2 minutes ago, timfinz said:

The best man won sir! Congratulations! Best of luck in the next round.

My scores:

AQUA   9.4          actual 9.8 (Not a 9.8 on the best day with corners like that)

RTRNR  2.5          actual 3.5 (Full length crease front and back, stains and pieces missing - anybody's guess on this one lol)

TWB       9.0          actual 9.2 (Originally had it at 9.2 but decided the bottom RHC front cover was too big a crease for that grade)

X-MEN  6.0          actual 5.5 (Originally had it at 5.5 and second guessed myself, I think I was too generous here)

(worship)

My gr 9.6 act 9.8

My gr 3.5 act 3.5

My gr 9.0 act 9.2

My gr 7.5 act 5.5

I felt I was being generous on every book. Too generous on that last one! But I learned a lot on that round.

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

CONGRATS! @trmoore54 

THX ADMANTIUM!!  I was nervous as usual.  Nailed 2 bullseyes on the lower grade books and pretty much botched the higher grade books.  In this case I thought I would look at the books 3 separate times and go with the final grade...for some reason started out with an 8.0 on the AQUAMAN and came up to a 9.0. :tonofbricks:Interesting on the TWB book started at 9.2 (bullseye) and worked my way down to an 8.5...glad to be headed to the next round...

8 minutes ago, trmoore54 said:

Looks like I get kav next round...kav would have edged me by 1 point this round but it's all about the head-to-head so looking forward to the next challenge...

Good luck Tom.:wishluck:

3 hours ago, Kramerica said:

Our bracket didn't have a single upset, although upstart #15 Seed aszumillo gave #2 Seed Black Adam all that he could handle in a one point 35 to 34 game decided at the buzzer when aszummillo had a potential game winning 3 pointer bounce off the rim.....

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!