• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 March Madness - Round of 96
5 5

159 posts in this topic

Wow - that was a brutal round.

9.8 -  i went 9.0 since there looks to be multiple spine ticks and they top edge rub

3.5 - i went 3.0 but was debating 3.5

9.2 - I went 8.0 since the dark spine ticks had it down to 9.0 and I thought there was a crease or tear bottom front corner

5.5 - I went 6.5 but was debating 6.0.  Just looked like a standard 6.0 copy but I thought it was a tad nicer then some I see

24 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Wow - that was a brutal round.

9.8 -  i went 9.0 since there looks to be multiple spine ticks and they top edge rub

3.5 - i went 3.0 but was debating 3.5

9.2 - I went 8.0 since the dark spine ticks had it down to 9.0 and I thought there was a crease or tear bottom front corner

5.5 - I went 6.5 but was debating 6.0.  Just looked like a standard 6.0 copy but I thought it was a tad nicer then some I see

Hah, I think these are all just about the same grades I put, for the same reasons...nice to know I wasn't alone in my thinking.

Welp, out in one round, I expected. Good luck @Shadow! Hopefully I was just the first stop on your quest to ultimate victory!

In true UVA fashion, I was engaged in a low-scoring game.  Unlike the Hoos, I came out of the first round with a W (37-29).  Adampatz, thanks for a great matchup.  The iron, unfortunately, was not kind to either of us. My only hope for future victories is to keep opponents under 30. :tink:  

33 minutes ago, khoo75 said:

In true UVA fashion, I was engaged in a low-scoring game.  Unlike the Hoos, I came out of the first round with a W (37-29).  Adampatz, thanks for a great matchup.  The iron, unfortunately, was not kind to either of us. My only hope for future victories is to keep opponents under 30. :tink:  

Good matchup! Think positive thoughts @khoo75. I'm rooting for you to win the whole thing!

9.8s killed me in this tournament. I had the AQUA at an 8.5. Maybe I spent too much time scrutinizing the hi-res scans. But seriously - there were at least 3 color-breaking spine marks on that book. :mad:

Edited by adampasz

Oh phruck! :facepalm:

Was at a show Thursday-Sunday and completely forgot. 

Congrats to the guys that moved on, and thanks to @BlowUpTheMoon and @sckao for putting this on again! :applause:

I'll see what I can donate in the prize thread...

Most of all I'm sorry to Blowie. He was actually cheering for me this year and I really let him down.... :sorry:

5 minutes ago, Shark said:
27 minutes ago, letsgrumble said:

Wait, Blowie said he was cheering for me this year! What is going on here! 

As soon as he sent that intial message, I said "I bet you say that to all the girls."  This is confirmation that he did.  lol

We're on to you, Blowie!

:sumo:

12 hours ago, flashlites said:

I think you got the highest score!!! 71 points?!?! That's amazing!

I am third in highest score.  My guess was 9.6, 3.0, 9.0 and 5.5. I thought my grades were enough safe due to CGC is usually tight with the grades but my guard was off.

6 minutes ago, oakman29 said:
1 hour ago, letsgrumble said:

Wait, Blowie said he was cheering for me this year! What is going on here! 

He told me that too!

me 3.... or 160 lol I new in the seeding round when @kav said that Blowie had said lol that he was "rooting for him"...... Blowie also said, "not to tell anyone!"..... :gossip:

I love this contest.  I some how went from one of the top seeds and got one of the lowest score in the 1st round.  Nobody is safe.