• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hmm... Suspect 😒

24 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2019 at 12:03 PM, Darkowl said:
On 3/15/2019 at 11:36 AM, Jeffro. said:

Deja vu?

I remember that thread. hm

First post - 6/19/18 (Complaint about green label She-Hulk 1)
Second post - 3/15/19 (Second complaint about the same green label She-Hulk 1.)
Third post - 12/19 (Third complaint about the same book? Set your calendars everyone.)

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:51 PM, Rocketman16 said:

It surprises me how folks bash PGX and praise CGC as if NO other company can grade a comic book. That's like saying Ford is the only company that can make a vehicle. Does anyone at either company holds a Bachelor degree in comic book grading? I don't think so. Grading is SUBJECTIVE. A company without competition is also dangerous/a monopoly! Every company at one point has also had its issues from GM Motors to Sony products. Yeah you may catch a higher price for your book if it ever sells but it has to sell for higher in order for you to make somewhat of a decent profit due to the high fees you pay to get it graded. Its all a psychological game of greed. Like i always say to each its own on the microphone. If you feel that your identical grade from CGC is better than it's competition because you paid a higher price then all power to you. I've done business with both CGC and PGX and to be honest i perfer PGX. To me there cases are stronger and my book doesn't slide around in the case or have rainbow rings like CGC. 

I read so many stories of folks sending a 9.8 PGX book to CGC and getting a lower grade. Is there anyone who has sent a 9.8 CGC to PGX and recieved a lower grade? I never see those videos. Once you've cracked open that case you have ruined that grade. No matter how "CAREFUL" you think you are in repackaging the book you have ruined the grade. Especially after it goes through the postal system. Packages are thrown around like footballs. So i can understand if a item comes back a grade lower. 

Grading is subjective. A 9.4 in my opinion may be a 9.2 in yours. Does that make either of us right or wrong? Now this is my issue for all those who praise CGC as the Gods of grading. How can this issue of The She-Hulk #1 be graded a 9.8 with a detached bottom staple? A 9.4 or 6 i can get with but 8, Hmm.. Suspect 😒.

s-l400.jpg

Danny P. is posting again?  Just do some slight research and you can find all the fraud and deception you need to determine PGX is a non-factor in this hobby.  And all anyone needs to do is show the infamous and fraudulent Ditko Signature Series books to bring this discussion to a hilarious conclusion :makepoint:

RAD9FAF12016927_155725.jpg

Edited by mosconi

4 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

First post - 6/19/18 (Complaint about green label She-Hulk 1)
Second post - 3/15/19 (Second complaint about the same green label She-Hulk 1.)
Third post - 12/19 (Third complaint about the same book? Set your calendars everyone.)

Might be time for one of these...  :kidaround:

On 3/15/2019 at 2:51 AM, Rocketman16 said:

It surprises me how folks bash PGX and praise CGC as if NO other company can grade a comic book. That's like saying Ford is the only company that can make a vehicle. Does anyone at either company holds a Bachelor degree in comic book grading? I don't think so. Grading is SUBJECTIVE. A company without competition is also dangerous/a monopoly! Every company at one point has also had its issues from GM Motors to Sony products. Yeah you may catch a higher price for your book if it ever sells but it has to sell for higher in order for you to make somewhat of a decent profit due to the high fees you pay to get it graded. Its all a psychological game of greed. Like i always say to each its own on the microphone. If you feel that your identical grade from CGC is better than it's competition because you paid a higher price then all power to you. I've done business with both CGC and PGX and to be honest i perfer PGX. To me there cases are stronger and my book doesn't slide around in the case or have rainbow rings like CGC. 

I read so many stories of folks sending a 9.8 PGX book to CGC and getting a lower grade. Is there anyone who has sent a 9.8 CGC to PGX and recieved a lower grade? I never see those videos. Once you've cracked open that case you have ruined that grade. No matter how "CAREFUL" you think you are in repackaging the book you have ruined the grade. Especially after it goes through the postal system. Packages are thrown around like footballs. So i can understand if a item comes back a grade lower. 

Grading is subjective. A 9.4 in my opinion may be a 9.2 in yours. Does that make either of us right or wrong? Now this is my issue for all those who praise CGC as the Gods of grading. How can this issue of The She-Hulk #1 be graded a 9.8 with a detached bottom staple? A 9.4 or 6 i can get with but 8, Hmm.. Suspect 😒.

s-l400.jpg

Something something Billy Madison quote...