• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I be insulted - Email from Comic Connect
1 1

64 posts in this topic

I am curious what others (here in the community) think about this.

As everyone probably knows, Comic Connect, recently ran an event auction from Monday 03/11 to Friday 03/15.

I "won" my first item on Monday, 03/11.  Although I am not sure "won" is the correct term, when in fact all I did was agree to pay more than anyone else did, for the item.

Although I like to pay for things immediately, since I wanted to bid on several other items (ending 03/12 - 03/15), I figured it made sense to wait until the auction was completely over before paying for the items.  

I kind of look at this like walking through a store and shopping for a number of items.  I usually wait until I have put all my purchases in my shopping cart before I check out.  I don't typically walk up to the register every time I pick up one item and pay for that one item.

Then on Wednesday 03/13 (with two more full nights of auction ahead), I receive the following email from CC...

There is an ACTION REQUIRED for your order on ComicConnect.com.

We thank you for making this purchase, and must kindly ask you to PLEASE COMPLETE ONLINE CHECKOUT so we may process the order for the benefit of both you and the seller in a timely manner.

You recently committed to buy one or more items, and the seller(s) have already been contacted to ship the item(s) you've purchased to ComicConnect.  However, you have not yet provided the necessary shipping & payment information to process your order. 

Please use the URL below to visit the "Won/Purchased" category of your ComicConnect account, and follow the on-screen instructions.  Please note that failure to do so in a timely fashion may result in suspension of your ComicConnect membership and privileges.

If you are waiting to purchase more items before you checkout, you may do so, but please do it within a reasonable period of time.

Given I have done thousands of dollars in business with CC over the years and have never not paid them immediately, I found this email a little "insulting".  I guess the line I found the most insulting was.....

Please note that failure to do so in a timely fashion may result in suspension of your ComicConnect membership and privileges.

To be fair, they do say, toward the end, "If you are waiting to purchase more items before you checkout, you may do so....",   which I thought was nice, however, then they quickly add, "but please do it within a reasonable period of time."   I guess maybe I am reading into it, but I don't like the "tone" of this email.  As such, I contacted CC and told them that I had intended to bid on additional items, but if it was a problem, I would be happy to pay immediately.  CC wrote back and stated that I could wait until the end of the auction and that this was simply an automatic email that went out.

Maybe I am being a little over sensitive, however, it seems to me that CC could wait until after their auction was over to send out these emails.  I especially believe this way, given the long period of time I have sometimes waited to receive items that I have purchased from CC in the past.

To be clear, I have already checked out and paid in FULL.

I would like to know what others think about this.

Couple this with fact that people were just menioning they got their checks (from books sold) for the January auction.

It paints a picture that they are living on a tight margin. They've probably gotten complaints about sellers not getting their payments very fast so they are trying to speed that up, but that requires buyers to pay asap. And that requires a heavier hand for some buyers. 

But as you know everyone gets the same letter....

Last year I was in the same boat that you were in - I'd had a winning bid, but wanted to wait until the auction was over - and I got a similar email. I think that Buzzetta is right in that these emails are just automated and sent out to all and sundry. Nothing to really worry about. I paid up when the auction was over, and all was good.

--ElJay

This is outrageous behaviour. Send them a message back stating that they must ship your winnings immediately. Add the following:

"Please note that failure to do so in a timely fashion may result in a big bag of poo coming to your head office in the post".

If they complain, tell them it's a standard response that you send to all your auction houses and not to take offence :)

6 hours ago, Hudson said:

I am curious what others (here in the community) think about this.

As everyone probably knows, Comic Connect, recently ran an event auction from Monday 03/11 to Friday 03/15.

I "won" my first item on Monday, 03/11.  Although I am not sure "won" is the correct term, when in fact all I did was agree to pay more than anyone else did, for the item.

Although I like to pay for things immediately, since I wanted to bid on several other items (ending 03/12 - 03/15), I figured it made sense to wait until the auction was completely over before paying for the items.  

I kind of look at this like walking through a store and shopping for a number of items.  I usually wait until I have put all my purchases in my shopping cart before I check out.  I don't typically walk up to the register every time I pick up one item and pay for that one item.

Then on Wednesday 03/13 (with two more full nights of auction ahead), I receive the following email from CC...

There is an ACTION REQUIRED for your order on ComicConnect.com.

We thank you for making this purchase, and must kindly ask you to PLEASE COMPLETE ONLINE CHECKOUT so we may process the order for the benefit of both you and the seller in a timely manner.

You recently committed to buy one or more items, and the seller(s) have already been contacted to ship the item(s) you've purchased to ComicConnect.  However, you have not yet provided the necessary shipping & payment information to process your order. 

Please use the URL below to visit the "Won/Purchased" category of your ComicConnect account, and follow the on-screen instructions.  Please note that failure to do so in a timely fashion may result in suspension of your ComicConnect membership and privileges.

If you are waiting to purchase more items before you checkout, you may do so, but please do it within a reasonable period of time.

Given I have done thousands of dollars in business with CC over the years and have never not paid them immediately, I found this email a little "insulting".  I guess the line I found the most insulting was.....

Please note that failure to do so in a timely fashion may result in suspension of your ComicConnect membership and privileges.

To be fair, they do say, toward the end, "If you are waiting to purchase more items before you checkout, you may do so....",   which I thought was nice, however, then they quickly add, "but please do it within a reasonable period of time."   I guess maybe I am reading into it, but I don't like the "tone" of this email.  As such, I contacted CC and told them that I had intended to bid on additional items, but if it was a problem, I would be happy to pay immediately.  CC wrote back and stated that I could wait until the end of the auction and that this was simply an automatic email that went out.

Maybe I am being a little over sensitive, however, it seems to me that CC could wait until after their auction was over to send out these emails.  I especially believe this way, given the long period of time I have sometimes waited to receive items that I have purchased from CC in the past.

To be clear, I have already checked out and paid in FULL.

I would like to know what others think about this.

Hudson Buddy :hi: Let it bother you for few min than relax hm I would bet there are other things that have bothered you more like last years Action 1 that did not go your way :whatthe: don't sweat the little things for to long.

Focus on that Action 1 you will get this year :wishluck:

hudson.jpg

Although I am not sure "won" is the correct term, when in fact all I did was agree to pay more than anyone else did, for the item.

^^

Pls tell me what a reasonable period of time is if it's before the entire auction is over that seems dumb if it's after the auction is over why the hell are you bothering me now-also dumb.

If I received one I would probably assume it was automated but still contact CC to make sure I could add more winnings. 

At the same time, I can sympathize with the OP:  I don’t that I’d be insulted, but I would find the threat of being cut off a bit off-putting.  Not waiting until the entire auction is over for that sort of thing seems premature. 

1 hour ago, justafan said:

6 hours ago, Hudson said:

Although I am not sure "won" is the correct term, when in fact all I did was agree to pay more than anyone else did, for the item.

that is the most sobering cold hard reality of it all. I need to remind myself of this every time I bid.

4 minutes ago, johnenock said:

I won 2 on the second day and have received 5 of these emails. No biggie.

Just tell them look I'm a winner here do you understand who you are talking to?