• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN AMERICA 78?
2 2

26 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2019 at 10:16 PM, Readcomix said:

Here's my copy, and a look at the inside back cover, as Jay requested. Good luck in the search, Jay!

Also, @zzutak is great with parts and pieces -- any help here with a back cover for a Cap #78 for a great boardie?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 3/22/2019 at 11:11 PM, Primetime said:

I've been collecting Timelys since 1995, and I've seen a decent amount of Cap 78s in that time. I'd say it has moderate scarcity but not ultra tough. Here is the scope of Atlas books that were cover dated Sept 1954 (May 1954 real time). I'm sure there is a matching inside BC/outside BC on one of these books. Good thing these are all relatively cheap. The Torch 38 was out one month before Cap 78, so it could very well have a matching inside BC.

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/features/newsstand.php?publisher=marvel&type=cover&month=9&year=1954&sort=alpha

At least you aren't dealing with a late 30s/early 1940 Johnson Smith & Co (Detroit, MI) back cover ad. Those ads have different dept. #'s so although the ad looks the same, the dept # could be different and you will have the wrong BC married. 

Best to your hunt for the right BC. (thumbsu

Thank You both so much!! I just ordered a beat but complete battle 32 with the same back cover for 13 bucks... I could not have done it without you both.

On 3/17/2019 at 10:40 AM, Illustrious said:

Sure, I can't help you with what the inside of the back cover has on it since my book is slabbed, but here's what the outside back cover looks like:

CAP78back.jpg

Well, hello there. :luhv:

This probably explains why the back cover went missing in the first place. :blush:

It has arrived! I kind of feel bad ripping the back cover off. But it has a good split going already so I can say it would have happened either way. Now what do I do? Tape the two covers together?? (My cap cover is detached) I have never married a book before. 

Any one need a battle 32 sans back cover? Lol

64EC11BF-5EE4-42D6-91D6-BE42D18DB972.jpeg

C2851847-AE32-49D3-98E8-D89AA7044902.jpeg

08734F72-8A64-4079-AC69-DA6DCB6E2E10.jpeg