• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four 52
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the forum, but have collected for many years.  I stopped collecting in early 90's and just got back into it this January.  Third party grading was not popular back then and I had never heard of it.  Now that I'm buying on ebay, I've noticed I've been over estimating the grades once I get the book.  Live and learn.  With that, I'd appreciate opinions on the grade of this FF 52.  Thanks in advance!

Here are some comments on condition:

No cut outs or ripped pages, centerfold tight, cover has lost a lot of gloss, fold in upper right is partially ripped, pages are off-white/cream

FF 52 75 back (617x850).jpg

FF 52 150 full blue (617x850).jpg

The wear is typical of the grade.  VG books can have an entire book length subscription crease as well as a 1/4" square or 1/2" triangle piece (and often larger by CGC standards) missing.  A tear is typical of the grade and that corner tear is not particularly large (looks about 1/2")