• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: All-American Men of War #2
1 1

8 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, KobaltDog said:

How much does a coupon cut usually hurt a grade? 

It depends upon how nice the rest of the book is. If it's higher grade, it will almost always get a Qualified label. If it's lower grade (like this copy) I usually just factor it into my overall grade. And I have seen a few lower grade books still get a Qualified label with a page or coupon missing. I'm sure there are some pretty interesting examples out there...

Edited by The Lions Den

8 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

I do see where you're coming from...but I've seen some very peculiar things over the years...

Yeah I get that. I’m genuinely curious how CGC would grade this one. 

The cutout doesn’t affect story... but it’s on the back cover.

3 hours ago, Joosh said:

Yeah I get that. I’m genuinely curious how CGC would grade this one. 

The cutout doesn’t affect story... but it’s on the back cover.

I saw an Action Comics #3 with a coupon cut from the back cover and a large piece missing from the top of the front cover and the 1st 3 pages receive a blue label 1.0. So as long as this book is complete on the inside, it should conceivably be awarded at least a Universal 1.0 (as long as there's no restoration, married pages, spine splits, other parts missing, tape, etc). So I'll amend my grade to reflect this determination...  (thumbsu

Edited by The Lions Den