• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my take on the recent Comicconnect Centaur auction results...
4 4

63 posts in this topic

On 3/17/2019 at 9:20 AM, G.A.tor said:

but, outside of the Star Comics 3, which I had projected at $6K and ended at 3200, that was really the only real disappointment for me Friday night!

Well, all I can say is that although it may not have finished at your projected $6K mark, it definitely would have finished higher than the final $3,200 price if the wifi internet signal I was using at the time was stronger.  :frown:

Had just arrived in Hong Kong the night before and had no problems upping my bids for a few lots then.  Worked up in the hotel room right at the start of the auction prior to leaving for my cruise figuring that I would bump up my bid  for the Star 3 a bit more if necessary.  Managed to get to the first page of the bid process, but the frigging thing just kept spinning when I tried to click onto the second page to input my bid.  :frustrated:

I guess I should never depend on free wifi in a hotel as signals could be weak or possibly too many other users trying to access the same server at the same time.  doh!