• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

?
The show runner / primary writer on Jessica Jones was also a woman, although the original books were written by Bendis (who also wrote House of M).

And Magneto was the ultimate villain in House of M, although rumor is they may switch it to Mephisto for the show.

All I'm saying is I'd prefer a story other than "crazy lady", which a lot of fans have been speculating is the premise of WandaVision. That Wanda has gone insane, as in Bendis' House of M. The MCU doesn't seem to adapt one storyline anyway, but takes bits and pieces from several stories and mashes them together.

Either way, I'd hope that Kevin Feige and the filmmakers treat Wanda a little better than making her "go crazy."  I think she's earned the chance to be a real hero, finally. Y'know, someone who girls watching the show can look up to. And who's to say that this crazy world we're seeing in the trailers is a construct of Wanda? Perhaps it's somehow Vision's construct of what he views as a "normal" human life for himself and Wanda, skewed by the fact that he isn't really human. A construct that somehow Wanda is able to enter. Either way, I hope Wanda gets to be the hero she deserves to be in WandaVision.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

9 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

But thanks for subscribing early.

730146888_thankyou.gif.fff5c4faf2d6b3940438512abfd96501.gif

I got the "three years for the price of one" deal, so how could I not sign up early? Plus, I didn't get it just for Star Wars and Marvel. The whole world is frustrated that media and movies in general have been put off at least a year.

5 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I got the "three years for the price of one" deal, so how could I not sign up early? Plus, I didn't get it just for Star Wars and Marvel. The whole world is frustrated that media and movies in general have been put off at least a year.

It will be interesting to see how many more shows Disney can deliver right behind it. I bet 2021 becomes the biggest jump for Disney+ as now they are saying Mandalorion Season 3 is also coming out then.

On 11/13/2020 at 6:06 AM, Bosco685 said:

It will be interesting to see how many more shows Disney can deliver right behind it. I bet 2021 becomes the biggest jump for Disney+ as now they are saying Mandalorion Season 3 is also coming out then.

It better.  I think there are a lot of people frustrated with Disney+'s lack of content.  If they want to compete with Netflix something's gotta change drastically. I always thought that they should have one service and combine Disney+, Hulu and ABC's content.   If if they REALLY wanted to be a Netflix killer then add ESPN to that list.

8 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

It better.  I think there are a lot of people frustrated with Disney+'s lack of content.  If they want to compete with Netflix something's gotta change drastically. I always thought that they should have one service and combine Disney+, Hulu and ABC's content.   If if they REALLY wanted to be a Netflix killer then add ESPN to that list.

That really makes the most sense. A Disney Plus with sub-modules based on the subscriber's unique focus.

14 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

If they want to compete with Netflix something's gotta change drastically.

That's not what they're doing.  Netflix aggregates multiple content creators, but Disney Plus only shows stuff they own.  They will never be like Netflix, and hopefully they realize that and continue to keep the price significantly lower.

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I always thought that they should have one service and combine Disney+, Hulu and ABC's content.   If if they REALLY wanted to be a Netflix killer then add ESPN to that list.

That won't kill Netflix, but it would allow them to charge more.  If they try to charge as much as Netflix...well...that'll have a level of success somewhere north of where Disney Plus numbers are now with a significant bump, but they won't come CLOSE to matching the viewer numbers of a provider-agnostic service like Netflix.

Edited by fantastic_four

35 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

That's not what they're doing.  Netflix aggregates multiple content creators, but Disney Plus only shows stuff they own.  They will never be like Netflix, and hopefully they realize that and continue to keep the price significantly lower.

That won't kill Netflix, but it would allow them to charge more.  If they try to charge as much as Netflix...well...that'll have a level of success somewhere north of where Disney Plus numbers are now with a significant bump, but they won't come CLOSE to matching the viewer numbers of a provider-agnostic service like Netflix.

Hey now! I didn't post that.

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

That really makes the most sense. A Disney Plus with sub-modules based on the subscriber's unique focus.

This was my post, agreeing Disney Plus should be one umbrella service. Not assuming it will ever 'kill' Netflix.

My whole point is that somethings gotta change with Disney/Disney+ since the pandemic is killing their theatrical movie releases, amusement parks and cruise ship businesses.  They were extremely lucky to have started Disney+ when they did.  They realize this of course and made that announcement  a few weeks back about having a major reorg and that now their top pr priority is Streaming. Fully disclosure I have a lot of Disney stock :roflmao:.  I pointed out by "arm chair managing" of their business model that the fastest and easiest way do this would be to have Disney+, Hulu, ABC and ESPN all under one service.  There is the "branding" issue with Disney of course and sure that they really don't want some of that content under Disney brand though. They can't afford to take too long either figuring out they are going to do either.

Edited by Xenosmilus

I'm pretty sure that my paying $7 for Hulu and $7 for Disney+ = close to the amount I'm paying monthly for Netflix anyway, but with far less content.

Mandalorian aside, the best thing I've seen on Disney+ so far was Hamilton.

On 11/21/2020 at 5:38 PM, Gatsby77 said:

I'm pretty sure that my paying $7 for Hulu and $7 for Disney+ = close to the amount I'm paying monthly for Netflix anyway, but with far less content.

Mandalorian aside, the best thing I've seen on Disney+ so far was Hamilton.

I regularly cancel and reactivate my subscription for D+, Netflix is barely hanging on with maybe 1 drop a month to grab my attention. Hulu I haven't had for 2 years, don't know if its worth having.

My kids watch Disney Plus a ton, but what I watch the most is Clone Wars.  I didn't see them when they came out and I'm watching them all in order and am currently in season 4.  Planning to watch Rebels after that, still never seen any episodes of it.

21 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

My kids watch Disney Plus a ton, but what I watch the most is Clone Wars.  I didn't see them when they came out and I'm watching them all in order and am currently in season 4.  Planning to watch Rebels after that, still never seen any episodes of it.

Clone Wars is/was brilliant when it came out IMHO. I loved watching it with the kids when they were young, and now I get to rewatch it with them again when they are 15 and 16. (thumbsu