• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

I thought it was excellent. I enjoyed the second one more than the first, but the first was very enjoyable as well. They're slowly introducing the mystery, and I'm hoping they keep teasing it out the way that they have--the moment at the end of the second episode was very well done. Olson and Hahn are great at mimicking the 50s/60s television voices.

15 hours ago, Bird said:

they dropped 2 episodes for a reason...DO NOT WATCH ONLY THE FIRST EPISODE. You really need that second one to hook you I think. The 1st is okay, a few fun bits but so so so slow, I guess emphasizing that is what Wanda wants, the no stress family life with Vision. But the first episode has so little there in and of itself that you should really watch the second episode where the real intrigue starts.

Need more then the 2nd episode if 3 and 4th suck as bad I am out.

This is embarrassing that they cant draw in audiences better then this attempt. I get the cheeky
throwback attempt I grew up on those shows too, but somebody at Marvel should have made them
reshoot the first episodes. They are going to lose alot of people if they drag this out longer then another
week. 

This is like watching Westworld and Pleasantville together now all we need is the next two episodes to 
repeat a ton of scenes from the last two and it will be like HBO produced it.

I hope I am conveying how seriously stupid this type of show is so far. 

Edited by fastballspecial

I LOVE the show so far.  I've always loved old tv shows, so I may be biased.  I feel like this show's audience will be 30+, with not a ton of younger fans really enjoying it at first.  They'll probably like it once there's more action.  I hope Disney doesn't try to change anything with the show, given the mixed reviews I've seen regarding the lack of faster action.  I don't think they really can change it at this point. I love the style, acting, mystery, and laughs.  

I read someone hypothesizing that the entire show is an alternate take on the House of M storyline from 2005 in the comics where Scarlet Witch suffers a mental breakdown and alters the fabric of reality in an attempt to re-create her lost children.  Maybe, but that doesn't explain all the SWORD, HYDRA, and AIM references.  Also House of M involved mostly real events aside from the select elements Wanda manipulated...is what we're seeing real, or all in Wanda's head?  I doubt it's a parallel universe, feels far too surreal with all the sitcom tropes.

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I read someone hypothesizing that the entire show is an alternate take on the House of M storyline from 2005 in the comics where Scarlet Witch suffers a mental breakdown and alters the fabric of reality in an attempt to re-create her lost children.  Maybe, but that doesn't explain all the SWORD, HYDRA, and AIM references.  Also House of M involved mostly real events aside from the select elements Wanda manipulated...is what we're seeing real, or all in Wanda's head?  I doubt it's a parallel universe, feels far too surreal with all the sitcom tropes.

Wanda does have some control of what's happening. When her mind couldn't handle the beekeeper she reversed time so it didn't happen. But that doesn't explain SWORD et al. I enjoy a mystery so this is cool for me for them to do a slow burn. 

Wife and I watched both episodes.  After the first one, we weren't sure what to expect. We still enjoyed the "superhero" comedy throwback show.  Second one at least started to showcase what might be occurring more.  

Definitely different than what one would have expected, but it has piqued our interest.

Two episodes into WandaVision, and the internet is already abuzz about the series most consider the most unique Marvel Studios thing ever be released. Riffing on the sitcoms of yesteryear, the two-episode premiere reintroduced characters to Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany), and debuted a whole host of new faces like Agnes (Kathryn Hahn), Monica Rambeau (Teyonah Parris), and Dottie (Emma Caulfield).

The last, of which, being the most mysterious out of them all. Since Dottie first appeared in "Episode 2," the character has raised the most questions out of any — even more than the two at the helm of the series. For what we know now, Dottie is the socialite of Westview, and sees to it she's in charge of most planning and such. This eventually leads to a little confrontation between her and Agnes that may or may not be playful banter.

Though prevailing theories would suggest Dottie is the villain of the show — and could even be Mephisto — what if she's just a bit misunderstood? That's why here, we're hypothesizing Dottie could really be Clea, a staple in Marvel's mystical source material.

At one point, the character was expected to debut in Doctor Strange, though she was eventually removed for a more grounded take on the Sorcerer Supreme. Strange helmer Scott Derickson has already confirmed as much. Since then, it's been heavily rumored both Clea and Brother Voodoo will be making their live-action debuts in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Since we know WandaVision leads directly into Doctor Strange 2, why not introduce Clea now? Plus, the character falls perfectly into line with the story currently unfolding in the Disney+ show.

A princess of the Dark Dimension, Clea has had an on-again, off-again relationship with Strange. It just so happens here, Caulfield and Benedict Cumberbatch are in the same age range as well. Furthermore, the Dark Dimension is also the home of Nightmare, a character Derrickson has heavily hinted at in the past. Though Derrickson is no longer with the franchise, it stands to reason many of his ideas will remain in place.

Theoretically, should Nightmare be the big bad of WandaVision and be swaying Wanda to tear open a space between dimensions, it'd make since for Clea to show up and assume Wanda's on the same side of Nightmare — hence her initial portrayal as an antagonist.

That means she'd eventually fight the big bad alongside Scarlet Witch and the inevitable arrival of Strange, all before heading into Multiverse of Madness.

I never considered that theory. Interesting.

23 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

So yeah, the big reveal is going to let us know that Wanda is nuts?  Maybe we get her to say "no more mutants" and Marvel will cancel all their X-men plans.

I've loved it so far - and agree, 2nd episode was stronger than the first.

But as a comics fan it's clear to me that it's House of M-based, *of course* Wanda is nuts, and this is just her way of dealing with Vision - and Pietro's - deaths.

Also - to your point, more than a few folks on Twitter Saturday morning were theorizing this would point to a reverse-House of M scenario...

Where instead of saying "No more mutants" she might just say "Mutants" -- thus introducing them into the MCU.

The complaints don't seem to be that the show fails its premise but rather the premise fails the show.

I don't respect the complaints. The premise, like the show which executes on it, is terrific.

I’ll just come out and say it, this show is terrible so far. I didn’t come into it with any expectations so I was thinking it might “wow” me like Guardians of the Galaxy did but I’m gonna give it a chance and hope it picks up in another episode or two but if it doesn’t, I’ll just wait until all the episodes are released and see what’s said about it. I’m not very optimistic though.

It's possible that Stark set up SWORD to replace SHIELD or to be activated in the event he died which is why the colors are the way that they are.    I am guessing that she has been captured and is being studied and they are trying to wake her up or call her out of whatever reality she created for herself. 

It's interesting... but unless it picks up, it's not something I am planning on setting my alarm clock to or waking up super early on a Friday to see like I did with the Mandalorian. 

Edited by Buzzetta