• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, TupennyConan said:

The mastication joke wasn't welcome. You suck really bad, Hollywood. 

I suppose it will progress, devolve, rather, into more of the same.   

this is what bothered you? 

11 hours ago, TupennyConan said:

The mastication joke wasn't welcome. You suck really bad, Hollywood. 

I suppose it will progress, devolve, rather, into more of the same.   

It was very limp.

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but.....

I just watched both episodes again.  One thing that really stood out to me was, in the second episode there is no doubt the "sound" of a full size helicopter passing overhead and then a noise of a "muted" crash.

Wanda goes out to find the toy copter.

Toy copters don't make full size helicopter noises.  A full sized helicopter would have made a horrendous crash noise.

I definitely think Sword sent a copter in and it got changed into a toy.  I don't think it was Wanda that changed it.

19 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I definitely think Sword sent a copter in and it got changed into a toy.  I don't think it was Wanda that changed it.

What characters have that power who would be associated with Wanda?

There are multiple hints that elements from an exterior real world are making it inside of Wanda's fantasy, but that they get translated into fantastical elements within the fantasy.  The AIM beekeeper with the SWORD symbol with literal bees flying around him is one example, and a helicopter from the real world translated into the fantasy as a toy would be another.  A character who could turn a real helicopter into a toy sounds like a nearly omniscient type of power...I can't think of any likely Avengers-related friend or foe like that.

Edited by fantastic_four

43 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

What characters have that power who would be associated with Wanda?

There are multiple hints that elements from an exterior real world are making it inside of Wanda's fantasy, but that they get translated into fantastical elements within the fantasy.  The AIM beekeeper with the SWORD symbol with literal bees flying around him is one example, and a helicopter from the real world translated into the fantasy as a toy would be another.  A character who could turn a real helicopter into a toy sounds like a nearly omniscient type of power...I can't think of any likely Avengers-related friend or foe like that.

Perhaps Wanda created the "bubble" with her chaos magic, but doesn't remember doing it.  So things entering the bubble are changed even though Wanda isn't perceptibly manipulating it.  She doesn't remember setting up the magic bubble.

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but.....

I just watched both episodes again.  One thing that really stood out to me was, in the second episode there is no doubt the "sound" of a full size helicopter passing overhead and then a noise of a "muted" crash.

Wanda goes out to find the toy copter.

Toy copters don't make full size helicopter noises.  A full sized helicopter would have made a horrendous crash noise.

There's a scene in the trailers of a full-sized copter attempting to penetrate a bubble and failing--that's very possibly the other side of the toy copter.

I just watched the first two episodes, and enjoyed it.  Something different that has me hooked and I am looking forward to the upcoming episodes.  There are probably a lot more Easter eggs and references than what appear to be on the surface, and this guy seems to lay them out pretty good and tie them back to the comics/movies/etc (I really didn't know much on Wanda's history).

Edited by Cozmo-One

9 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Perhaps Wanda created the "bubble" with her chaos magic, but doesn't remember doing it.  So things entering the bubble are changed even though Wanda isn't perceptibly manipulating it.  She doesn't remember setting up the magic bubble.

She definitely remembers.  When the beekeeper comes out she says "NO!" and time reverses, and when Vision's boss in the first episode starts asking what's wrong with them she blinks and he suddenly starts choking.  She seems to be actively attempting to maintain the illusion whenever something threatens to break it.

Edited by fantastic_four

9 hours ago, gadzukes said:

14 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

She definitely remembers.  When the beekeeper comes out she says "NO!" and time reverses, and when Vision's boss in the first episode starts asking what's wrong with them she blinks and he suddenly starts choking.  She seems to be actively attempting to maintain the illusion whenever something threatens to break it.

In reflecting on the two episodes. I think Wanda is controlling more of the situation than consciously she is acknowledging.

Like when Vision's boss is choking on his food, everyone sits there not able to move until Wanda tells Vision to help him. Before then, the boss's wife is sitting there like she is excitedly locked in place and Vision keeps looking back and forth at her.

Edited by Bosco685

23 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Like when Vision's boss is choking on his food, everyone sits there not able to move until Wanda tells Vision to help him. Before then, the boss's wife is sitting there like she is excitedly locked in place and Vision keeps looking back and forth at her.

That scene and the show as whole so far reminds me of an old Twilight Zone episode called "It's a Good Life" where a boy with omniscient powers controls an entire town and everyone has to kow-tow to his moment-to-moment whims or he will torture them, transform them into creatures of his imagination, or "send them to the cornfield."  They also re-made this episode into a segment in the "Twilight Zone" movie.  She reminds me of him, except she's an adult with more morality.  I also expect that it differs in that none of these people will turn out to be real, which I is all but implied by the fact that Vision is there.

tzone0308.jpg

zone4-1024x483.jpg

Edited by fantastic_four

36 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I also expect that it differs in that none of these people will turn out to be real, which I is all but implied by the fact that Vision is there.

What makes me think that the people in Wanda/Vision's TV Land are real is that we know the black woman is actually Monica Rambeau, and in the trailers we see Monica being "shot out" of a domed energy field, then we see her wake up in what looks like a field in the real world while wearing her 70's TV outfit.

Also, Vision shouldn't really be dead, or at least there should be something of Vision's self left, due to the actions of Shuri in Infinity War. Before she evacuated her lab, she appeared to finish downloading or replicating Vision's data banks (or something) and took them with her. The Vision we are seeing in WandaVision could be the manifestation of those surviving parts of Vision that Shuri saved, "the best parts" like what Bruce Banner said, and could lead to his resurrection.

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

That scene and the show as whole so far reminds me of an old Twilight Zone episode called "It's a Good Life" where a boy with omniscient powers controls an entire town and everyone has to kow-tow to his moment-to-moment whims or he will torture them, transform them into creatures of his imagination, or "send them to the cornfield."  They also re-made this episode into a segment in the "Twilight Zone" movie.  She reminds me of him, except she's an adult with more morality.  I also expect that it differs in that none of these people will turn out to be real, which I is all but implied by the fact that Vision is there.

tzone0308.jpg

zone4-1024x483.jpg

Really great comparison. :applause:

Finally viewed both episodes back-to-back last night.

I'll preface by saying I wanted to hate this, wanted to complain about everything.  However I was pleasantly surprised and I'll even go so far as to praise Marvel for bucking the superhero 'TV' trend.  The show, on the surface, is a gamble and I was in the "I hate this before I've even see it" group.  The first episode was just 'fine' (found myself bored a couple times) so I was still on the fence if I would invest the time going forward.  The second episode was fantastic, absolutely great, and now I'm hooked.

Kudos (again) to Marvel for doing something so creative and different; opposed to the boilerplate boombangboommichaelbayexplosionsvillanssuperheroes.  This show works but it is the definition of a slow burn, of which I can't wait till it's a bonfire.

4.8/5

Edited by sagekilz

Only watched the first episode so far and absolutely loved it. I hope it remains a slow burn until the last couple of episodes. Nice touch on the opening title sequence switching to black and white and also changing the sound from stereo to mono. Marvels first great tv show away from their standard formula. Finally taking risk and thinking outside the Marvel box. 
Also love the aspect ratio since I’m watching this on my 12.9” iPad. I’m able to go full screen edge to edge without cutting off any of the picture.

Edited by Oddball

17 hours ago, sagekilz said:

Finally viewed both episodes back-to-back last night.

I'll preface by saying I wanted to hate this, wanted to complain about everything.  However I was pleasantly surprised and I'll even go so far as to praise Marvel for bucking the superhero 'TV' trend.  The show, on the surface, is a gamble and I was in the "I hate this before I've even see it" group.  The first episode was just 'fine' (found myself bored a couple times) so I was still on the fence if I would invest the time going forward.  The second episode was fantastic, absolutely great, and now I'm hooked.

Kudos (again) to Marvel for doing something so creative and different; opposed to the boilerplate boombangboommichaelbayexplosionsvillanssuperheroes.  This show works but it is the definition of a slow burn, of which I can't wait till it's a bonfire.

4.8/5

Like what Doom Patrol has done for DC TV, WandaVision deviating from the norm which always helps deliver that freshness to break from tradition. How it continues that feeling of being non-traditional will be interesting.