• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

Finished Episode 3...

Spoiler

So the reality revealed near the end reminded me of the movie Annihilation where aliens have staked out an alternate reality piece of the world.

Just in this case, Wanda either on her own or through influence has formed this alternate reality where she can forget all her pain and loss. So maybe two sides are trying to break through to her with one wanting to control and the other to free her mind.

Hydra being all over the advertising with the 'Hydra Soak' to forget all your troubles would hint at Wanda is in an immersion tank to detach her from reality. Time will tell.

Monica being tossed out of this reality after mentioning the death of Pietro by Ultron and the doctor talking about wanting to get away and dazing out as he looks at Vision leads me to believe anyone breaking through or pulled into this world has their mind altered.

Agnes and Herb fiddling around outside the house while whispering about Wanda seemed to convey their minds are not warped by Wanda's alternate reality. So they are either controlling the situation, or just trying to break through with the symbolism of Herb cutting the wall. But what they have going on definitely hints to clarity of purpose without being controlled by Wanda.

Billy and Tommy now being part of the MCU will be interesting how far they take this. I'll have to go back and research that more to remind myself of the source stories.

Overall for me 4.0/5 as the story is still developing. There's nothing spectacular leading to anything higher just yet. And that's okay. Keep the slow burn going, without a rush to the big climax.

Edited by Bosco685

On 1/16/2021 at 11:14 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Marvel Studios seems to like to mash things together. It could be a combination of nefarious things creating this David Lynch world where our heroes currently find themselves.

@Awax :roflmao:

The latest episode of WandaVision has hit Disney+ and is finally giving Marvel fans a peek behind the curtain, teasing what's actually going on with Scarlet Witch and Vision in their idyllic friendly neighborhood. It looks like the Marvel Cinematic Universe is making a sinister change to Wanda, as Episode 3 of the series dropped a major hint that she could indeed be the villain of the series. But is there more to this than meets the eye? Judging by how WandaVision has progressed thus far, that will likely be the case as we learn more about Vision's resurrection and his relationship with Wanda.

Warning: Spoilers for WandaVision Episode 3 below.

Spoiler

Fans notably questioned Wanda's influence on the town of Westview, especially after she seemingly turned back time when she and Vision discovered the strange beekeeper crawling out of the sewer at the end of Episode 2. We don't get an answer to that mystery just yet, but we do see another instance of Wanda potentially manipulating the world around her — and Vision himself.

Toward the end of Episode 3 amid the chaos of Wanda going into labor and delivering their babies, Vision notices multiple strange instances with the doctor who assists in the births as well as with their neighbors. When he attempts to speak about his concerns with Wanda, she appears to be taken aback before the episode quickly jumps back in time a few moments. The scene then plays out once again, but Vision is much more like the cliché sitcom dad that he's been portrayed as through much of the series thus far.

Instead of expressing concerns about the town of Westview like he did previously, Vision consoles Wanda and tells her that they will get through this experience together. Wanda appears to be much happier with this reaction, and Vision doesn't appear concerned that Geraldine mysteriously disappeared from their home.

So what happened with Geraldine AKA Monica Rambeau? Well, Wanda seemingly blasted her out of their home and their bubble reality.

After assisting in the birth of the kids, Wanda confides to Monica that she had a brother named Pietro. This revelation seems to jog some of Monica's memories and she asks if he was killed by Ultron, as seen in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Monica seems to immediately realize she screwed up and shook Wanda from this paradise, as Wanda then interrogates her about how she knows about Ultron and who "Geraldine" really is. When Wanda recognizes the SWORD logo on a pendant around Monica's next, a sinister look comes across her face as the scene cuts.

The episode then closes with Geraldine, blasted out of the bubble and landing on the military perimeter surrounding the town of Westview. As helicopters and black SUVs swarm her position, the credits hit with Monica Rambeau now on the outskirts of Westview.

We'll likely find out what Wanda's role in this strange reality is and whether or not she's being influenced by another malevolent force. But for now, the Scarlet Witch seems to be the source of many of the troubles in WandaVision.

Some really interesting clues I hadn't considered who the real big bad is.

Spoiler

When I began hypothesizing about what director Matt Shakman was attempting to achieve with the sitcom-based episodes of the series, I was inundated with appearances of familiar characters (if only in name or symbols), slick references to relevant story plots from the comics & films, and clues to future events.

Mephisto clues were all over the place, but there was another character that I had high expectations of seeing before any trailers were released; the self god himself, HE (High Evolutionary).

While the devil has been teased throughout, but never named, Marvel has seen fit to give us “Herb” live and in the flesh. Shown first in the 2020 Disney Investor Day trailer greeting Vision as “Buddy”, Herb presents as a towering nice guy.

In watching the first few episodes of WandaVision, we see the easter egg of “Bova’s milk” (referencing a “cow-woman” created by High Evolutionary that nannied the orphaned Wanda & Pietro in the comic books) in the supermarket scene of Episode 2’s intro.

WVHEEE.jpg.e099cd3f575b473686015f0b57854d3c.jpg

Next, we see Herb’s cartoon avatar shearing hedges & waving at Vis. We are then introduced to his character at the head of the (round)table, leading in what would be the neighborhood (k)nightwatch formed by “a members only” group of (new) men from Westview. As Vision crashes the meeting, which is really a brunch, he convinces the group that although he is weird, he is a good guy. (I will double back to all of these clues later and show how it’s connected, so please be patient.)

When the fellas in the group laugh off their apprehensions and gossip, Herb offers Vision a stick of Big Red gum. Many jumped to the conclusion that was yet another clue for Mephisto, but having manipulated images of Marvel characters for so long, I took that as a double entendre for High Evolutionary as well. (HE has been displayed in various colors as his character has evolved, but he was “Big Red” when he faced off with Galactus after creating the planet Counter-Earth; not to be mistaken for the Counter-Earth created by Mister Fantastic & The Invisible Woman’s son, Franklin Richards.)

Fast forward to the next time we see him at the magic show in WandaVision‘s second episode. Vis chooses Herb (who clarifies his name is Herbert) for the “Is This Your Card” magic trick. Last but not least, although it took Vis flipping through the whole deck, he finally finds Herb’s card: The King Of Spades!

Ah, this was excellent. Wanda’s turn at the end was absolutely chilling, and clearly shows that they’re going in a House of M direction--even if I’m sure they’ll make Wanda more sympathetic than downright crazy.

13 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Great YouTube channel ... haven’t seen 3 yet , but no mention of Grim Reapers helmet in floorboards ?

Emergency Awesome's Charlie does a lot of research when he creates these videos. Which is a nice way to learn all the details.

At some point, we will get Professor Charles Xavier and his school for mutants, and we will get Magneto. It's not a matter of if, but when; at the current rate, that when is likely sooner rather than later. Some have suspected we'll get a tease of mutantkind during the events of WandaVision or, at the very least, the very beginnings of the race.

Should one fan-favorite fan artist get their way, Magneto's eventual MCU arrival will be portrayed by none other the Lord of the Rings alum Viggo Mortensen. Friday afternoon, @BFHDesign shared stunning fan art of Magneto in the classic scarlet suit, and it's sure a sight to behold.

magneto.JPG.f0b0621d6f4153fb8705587372fd9942.JPG

Though it's far from confirmation Magneto will show up in the series as Wanda Maximoff's (Elizabeth Olsen) father, Kevin Feige has managed to tease the fact that at least some of the Scarlet Witch's family members would appear.

"[Wanda's] got a lot of family members in the comics," Feige told Rotten Tomatoes. "This is more about that relationship with Vision, and more about that dynamic and the evolving relationship of that couple, and how that grows and evolves and unfolds."

When pressed about "other family members" appearing in WandaVision, Feige said with a smile, "There are other characters in other episodes of this show. Who they are, what they are, not worth discussing right now."

Earlier this month, the Marvel Studios mega-producer confirmed X-Men-related talks have been ongoing at the production house for quite some time.

"You know how much I love the X-Men. I already said that's where I started. I can't tell you anything before we actually announced it, but rest assured, the discussions have been long and ongoing internally," Feige told Screen Rant.

Fancasting. But that would be one hell of a way to introduce some of the X-Men franchise characters.

That would be fantastic , just saw episode 3 ( where they touch on Pietro) so that doesn’t seem entirely out of the realm of possible ... plus with the X-men’s version of quicksilver over ( playing a superior performance IMO by Evan Peters) 

this is easily my favorite episode so far as we finally get a real glimpse of what’s behind the curtain ....