• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

Here is my theory.... When Stark created Jarvis (AI) he needed someone’s brain patterns to use as a base. As it is found out soon, Tony used his old friend Simon William’s brain patterns for the basis of his AI. Hence, Erik Williams aka The Grim Reaper wants the Vision.

Edited by gunsmokin

As someone who is extremely critical of Marvels tv/movies , this show is very interesting and intriguing 

I hope they don’t disappoint and they go all the way with it (make it as dark as it seems)

Edited by jsilverjanet

6 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

As someone who is extremely critical of Marvels tv/movies , this show is very interesting and intriguing 

I hope they don’t disappoint and they go all the way with it (make it as dark as it seems)

David lynch it is not. But it is entertaining and has me hooked to keep watching. 

4 hours ago, Awax said:

David lynch it is not. But it is entertaining and has me hooked to keep watching. 

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

Of course it isn’t Lynch. I thought that comment was funny

I didn't mean WandaVision is David Lynch verbatem, I meant the world of WandaVision evokes certain worlds of David Lynch.

What is WandaVision's virtual world but a veneer of the idealic nostalgic suburban paradise with something more sinister and supernatural or other dimensional beneath? This is very much the world of Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks, and Mulholland Drive. And David Lynch's metaphoric and spiritual meanings aside, his films are often like layers of an onion to peeled away bit by bit to reveal the mystery. That's exactly what WandaVision is doing.

It's not lost on me that David Lynch films are dark R rated artsy cinema and WandaVision is only kinda dark PG-13 rated superhero adventure. But the comparisons are still there.

4 hours ago, Awax said:

Here's an internet article (because once it's an internet article it becomes gospel) also comparing WandaVision to David Lynch.

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021/01/16/wandavision-evokes-david-lynch-in-all-the-best-ways/

11 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Here's an internet article (because once it's an internet article it becomes gospel) also comparing WandaVision to David Lynch.

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021/01/16/wandavision-evokes-david-lynch-in-all-the-best-ways/

Did they also go into the action and adventure in Episode 3 too?

:baiting:

12 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I don’t think you’ve ever watched and understood anything David Lynch has ever created 

I kind of feel like I should hunt down Twin Peaks again and see if it holds up. I don't feel like I was that into it at the time, but I was in college and really not much for regular TV shows then. I feel like I missed something. I can' think of any TV shows i watched regularly in college. I do remember watching a midnight showing of Blue Velvet as a teenager and being impressed with how completely F-ed up it was. I wound up drinking my share of Pabst Blue Ribbon after that...

5 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Does anyone know what W/Vs address (2800) means?  It seems like it's been so prominent in the episodes.

I was wondering that as well on my second viewing when I noticed how they have Vision stand in front of it with '2800' clearly over his left shoulder.

hm

This show is absolutely dreadful. It's so F-ing boring that I literally feel asleep during Episode 3 on Saturday.

And for the apologists saying, "you just don't like it because it's different" - no - I knew it was going to be different. What I didn't know is that it was going to be awful. "Different" does not automatically equal "good".

Edited by Angel of Death

10 hours ago, the blob said:

I kind of feel like I should hunt down Twin Peaks again and see if it holds up. I don't feel like I was that into it at the time, but I was in college and really not much for regular TV shows then. I feel like I missed something. I can' think of any TV shows i watched regularly in college. I do remember watching a midnight showing of Blue Velvet as a teenager and being impressed with how completely F-ed up it was. I wound up drinking my share of Pabst Blue Ribbon after that...

If you go back and watch the original Twin Peaks show, David Lynch only wrote and directed the first season, first two episodes of second season, and then the final episode, so a lot of the genius magic is lost in the second season. Some of the story elements of the second season do play out 30 years later in Twin Peaks: the Return, though.

Edited by @therealsilvermane