• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

This show is absolutely dreadful. It's so F-ing boring that I literally feel asleep during Episode 3 on Saturday.

And for the apologists saying, "you just don't like it because it's different" - no - I knew it was going to be different. What I didn't know is that it was going to be awful. "Different" does not automatically equal "good".

Your Movie/TV Show Literacy Cred Card has been suspended for 24 hours.

10 hours ago, the blob said:

I kind of feel like I should hunt down Twin Peaks again and see if it holds up. I don't feel like I was that into it at the time, but I was in college and really not much for regular TV shows then. I feel like I missed something. I can' think of any TV shows i watched regularly in college. I do remember watching a midnight showing of Blue Velvet as a teenager and being impressed with how completely F-ed up it was. I wound up drinking my share of Pabst Blue Ribbon after that...

It holds up very well. For some reason it makes me want to drink coffee and eat pastries 🤔

25 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Your Movie/TV Show Literacy Cred Card has been suspended for 24 hours.

For falling asleep during one of the most boring TV shows I've ever watched?

Yeah, I don't think so.

P.S. Look up the definition of "literacy". The word doesn't apply to this interaction.

Edited by Angel of Death

I generally prefer to binge series and for those like the Mandalorian, I wait until all the episodes have been released. This one, I am watching as they come out as I need to watch again to catch the references. It's a bit frustrating wanting to jump to the next episode but will appreciate it more when I can go back and watch them all again in order. 

Wasn't an avid Avengers reader so there is a lot on the speculation and theories I am not familiar with so adding to my enjoyment and education. 

I prefer the one episode per week schedule. It builds suspense and makes your mind work and wander and actually look up these characters and try to figure out what the hell is going on. lol

Loving the show. Fingers crossed for a big Mephisto reveal soon.

Edited by Key Largo Comics

8 hours ago, Key Largo Comics said:

I prefer the one episode per week schedule. It builds suspense and makes your mind work and wander and actually look up these characters and try to figure out what the hell is going onlol

Loving the show. Fingers crossed for a big Mephisto reveal soon.

This is part of the problem.

I've finally caught up on this and I'm still not completely taken by it. I enjoy some of the mystery elements but as someone not massively familiar with these specific characters I find the easter eggs few and far between. Until I come along here of course and read into it, which to be fair I quite enjoy. Reminds me of when I would watch an episode of Lost and then read about all the theories and wild speculation afterwards.

I know from the trailers that the style of the show changes as it goes further along and as a fan of most MCU films I'm sure the payoff will be good so I will stick with it. However I can completely see why more casual viewers would find it a slog to get through those first 2 episodes in particular.

1 minute ago, RickSp said:

I've finally caught up on this and I'm still not completely taken by it. I enjoy some of the mystery elements but as someone not massively familiar with these specific characters I find the easter eggs few and far between. Until I come along here of course and read into it, which to be fair I quite enjoy. Reminds me of when I would watch an episode of Lost and then read about all the theories and wild speculation afterwards.

I know from the trailers that the style of the show changes as it goes further along and as a fan of most MCU films I'm sure the payoff will be good so I will stick with it. However I can completely see why more casual viewers would find it a slog to get through those first 2 episodes in particular.

It's not just "casual viewers", though. The majority of the show has been shallow AF. We're 1/3 deep and almost nothing has happened. I'm all-for homages, and nostalgia, and difference, and mystery, etc. However, you need to keep each episode interesting and cohesive if you're going to have a successful series.

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

"Everything is about to change."

Does that mean that the borefest is over? It would be a welcome change.

Not very patient I guess? lol