• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

who is Woo's CI? It has to be someone we have met in the show so far, doesn't it? My guess is Agnes. Don't ask me how or why.

It's also odd they didn't have Woo identify his CI when they made a point of identifying other people we'd seen on the show.

1 minute ago, TupennyConan said:

The CI is Agnes. Notice she wasn't on Woo's board.

She was, just no driver's license along with the sheet. And either way, the lack of a scene affirmatively saying "Character X is my CI" strikes me as strange.

Edited by bpc3qh

12 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Is Wanda going to be responsible for this new multiverse we see? She’s already pulled Pietro in from the Sony X-Men world...maybe she pulls in more and more and eventually we just have all the Marvel properties in the same world (the ones Disney cares about anyways and perhaps some others for the purpose of creating a wild story...). 

Or - ya' know, as we've been saying all along. She pulls a reverse "House of M" and simply whispers: "Mutants."

46 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

She was, just no driver's license along with the sheet. 

As all viewers of the TV show can see her, this is no surprise. The rest of your post supports my guesswork.

Agnes is all that matters!

1 hour ago, Bird said:

more and more Captain Marvel related stuff here, is that just the writer's current mindset or is it story related?

I believe it's Marvel Cinematic Universe building and not necessarily story related, as in, I don't see Carol Danvers showing up in WandaVision. Monica Rambeau is a central figure of Captain Marvel's circle of characters so it makes sense to mention her in relation.

As I say often in these boards, Disney and Marvel Studios are all in on Captain Marvel. Going forward, her name will pop up more and more. She has Ms. Marvel, Secret Invasion, and now WandaVision somewhat, leading into her sequel. Carol Danvers is being positioned to be a central figure of the MCU, one of the Big Three or Four or whatever, and the leader of the next version of the Avengers.

It is interesting that Monica apparently has some animosity towards her once beloved Auntie Carol. I've speculated it's most likely a feeling of abandonment. But I wonder, on a larger plane, if Kevin Feige and co. are aware of the animosity towards Captain Marvel by a sector of the fan base, and are using Monica Rambeau to be a fan point of view for said animosity? And perhaps as Monica may come to terms with those feelings and (perhaps)misunderstanding of her long lost Auntie in (perhaps) Captain Marvel 2, the hope is that non-fans of the character will do the same?  Because Captain Marvel isn't here to harm us, she's really just a friend to all.

A spin-off idea I'd like to see.

The viral idea for an X-Files style WandaVision spinoff starring Jimmy Woo (Randall Park) is already going to be officially pitched to Marvel.

The viral idea for a WandaVision spinoff starring Jimmy Woo in the style of X-Files is already being pitched to Marvel Studios. Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe finally began a few weeks ago with the launch of WandaVision on Disney+. The show stars Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, as Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlet Witch and Vision respectively, but they aren't the only familiar MCU characters to appear. One of the others to return is Randall Park as FBI agent Jimmy Woo, who was last seen in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Jimmy Woo's appearance in WandaVision episode 4 went over quite well with viewers. His quippy one-liners, care for Doctor Darcy Lewis (Kat Dennings), and newfound proficiency in sleight of hand magic tricks resulted in audiences demanding more. This included the call from social media for Jimmy Woo to get a spinoff show of his own. Several ideas were tossed around between fans, but the most popular viral suggestion came from actor/director Stephen Ford. He proposed a spinoff in X-Files' vein where Jimmy Woo and company investigate other weird cases after the Westview anomaly. While many filed this pitch away as nothing more than a great internet idea that wouldn't happen, it appears that Marvel Studios is listening.

The popularity of Stephen Ford's original tweet suggesting a Jimmy Woo WandaVision spinoff resulted in him going through the proper channels to make his idea a reality. A few days after making calls and sending emails, which overlapped with the idea gaining even more support, Ford has confirmed that he's actually going to officially pitch his idea to Marvel soon. Ford plans to spend the next few days writing the pitch and will present it to Marvel sometime after.

No matter what happens as a result of Ford's pitch, it is clear that there is a lot of interest in a Jimmy Woo spinoff similar to the one he is proposing. Randall Park has said he's interested in tackling a Jimmy Woo spinoff. He told Screen Rant he'd want to do an Agents of Atlas spinoff with Darcy. The support for more Jimmy Woo content has gone beyond fans and the actors directly involved. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings star Simu Liu wants the spinoff show to happen, too, and he's already volunteered to cameo in it.

3 hours ago, Bird said:

Perhaps this show is Wanda's "imprisonment" and her eventual escape and that we only learn why she acted the way she did but not necessarily meet the force behind it. She somehow rips open the multiverse, or was placed where it was ripped open by someone else, and goes a bit batty as a result. Wandavision shows what happened to her but at the end we only have vague understanding of how and why. We learn the minions but only glimpse the larger baddie. Which leads into multiverse of madness where we really learn who is out there.

That likely captures some of what leads to Multiverse of Madness.  (thumbsu

I hope Feige and company gives us ideas about a multiverse that are better than what I've enjoyed to date.  I haven't liked them much since I first envisioned them after early time travel stories I read, or in comics after learning about Crisis on Infinite Earths.  As soon as he killed Stark, Cap, and Vision as a way of tying actors to characters since we all naturally identify with them as one entity I figured they were on the way to multiverses since they will undoubtedly re-introduce those characters down the road, and it's clear from the second Strange movie and the next Spider-Man movie with past versions of Sony Spider-Man actors in them that the multiverse is quickly bearing down upon us.  :ohnoez:

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Agnes does seem to be a victim herself.

So why is she playing along with it?  No choice?  Why would she have no choice?  I can't figure her motivation out.

2 hours ago, bpc3qh said:
2 hours ago, Bird said:

who is Woo's CI? It has to be someone we have met in the show so far, doesn't it? My guess is Agnes. Don't ask me how or why.

It's also odd they didn't have Woo identify his CI when they made a point of identifying other people we'd seen on the show.

Yea...if it turns out his witness is one of the players on their board, I'm going to be pissed they didn't indicate that fact like they indicated facts about all of the others.  :taptaptap:

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

Yea...if it turns out his witness is one of the players on their board, I'm going to be pissed they didn't indicate that fact like they indicated facts about all of the others.  :taptaptap:

That seems like an obvious thing to do, so it's absence suggests that they haven't done it for a reason.

11 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

So why is she playing along with it?  No choice?  Why would she have no choice?  I can't figure her motivation out.

If she is the CI she got mind wiped like Monica so she isn't in control

1 minute ago, Bird said:
12 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

If she is the CI she got mind wiped like Monica so she isn't in control

Agnes knows what's going on.  Mephisto knows she's there, and she knows she's there with Mephisto and about his pact with Wanda.  That's why she's overacting in every Wandavision scene, it's why she was uncomfortable when Herb almost spilled the beans to Vision--which, by the way, suggests Herb wasn't being mind-controlled by Wanda like everyone else is--and it's why she asked Wanda if she wanted to do a second take on a botched scene early in episode 5 to make Wandavision as polished as Mephisto wants it to be.  Agnes knows as much about what's going on as both Wanda and Mephisto do.

I've been referencing Mephisto like I'm sure it's him, but I'm only about 80% sure it's him.  I could be someone else, but I now HIGHLY doubt it is.  Too many puzzle pieces fit for it not to be him.

I hope these shows don't make it too complicated for non-comic readers to follow.

They won't watch stuff that needs explaining (47 pages on here at time of writing) - or go back and watch SHIELD or the other movies to catch up.

There is a danger that the MCU gets too complicated for the average man in the street.

Which would be a shame.

8 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

A spin-off idea I'd like to see.

Oh wow! Last night we actually started to re-watch the original X-Files starting with the pilot episode!

If they do a spin-off though, I really hope they don't keep making Woo the butt of Denning's inane snarks. Having Woo the "coffee-boy" for the snarky annoying "genius" twitface Denning's character in this episode is the kind of stuff that is the most uninteresting and un-entertaining part of the whole series.

Otherwise, Jimmy Woo in an X-Files like Marvel spinoff would be awesome!

Edited by jcjames

12 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

So how did Mephisto revive Vision?  Here's my guess--he didn't.  He lied to Wanda about being able to revive Vision, and the Vision she's seeing is a complete illusion being projected by Mephisto--or the animated corpse of Vision being bandied about.  Since Mephisto doesn't need Vision's corpse to create an illusion of Vision he may or may not be moving the corpse around under the illusion--maybe he is, maybe he isn't, I guess we'll see.  None of the powers in that list suggest he can move objects around so easily, so my guess is Vision is 100% illusion, and he had Wanda fetch the corpse just to reinforce his lie that he could reconstruct his android mind.

Why would an illusion created by Mephisto or the corpse animated by him choose to break Norm out of his "mind-trap" at the office and question him? Why would Vision act so confused about so many things that drive him to confront Wanda if he is just an illusion or corpse completely controlled by either Wanda or Mephisto? I think there is a real Vision presence there but not the full Vision with all his memory, just a post-reanimated Vision.

Catching up with this thread took longer than watching the episode. Loving this show.

Why do Agnes and Herb know they're in a show and Norm doesn't? 

Ag and nes come from the start and end of Agatha Harkness. Can the same be done for Herb with an existing character from the comics? 

My money is on Mephisto making a deal with Wanda. I'll bring back Vision for you (not fully successfully) and you provide me with the soul of your Two children. It's all I've got and I'm not convinced myself by it. 🙄

Other Quicksilver appearing threw me though.