• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I had heard about that... so when you see a bunch of people watching his first appearance for $5.75 and no one else pulls the trigger... 

You say, 'whatever' and ruin everyone else's day.   It arrived yesterday.

IMG_1970.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

4 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

I have a different theory that I don't entirely believe, but which I am talking myself into pretty quickly. 

Let's set aside all the Mephisto and HE and Chthon stuff. There's another big bad who makes a lot of sense for other reasons I don't think (?) anyone here has touched on. 

Reveal hidden contents

Immortus.

Now, the knock against this theory is that this doesn't feel like his style. That's why I'm having a hard time putting things together. 

However...

I know nobody else has ever read West Coast Avengers, but it occurred to me that at the end of the Dark Wanda storyline in WCA, the ultimate bad guy manipulating Wanda wasn't Mephisto (despite his involvement with the fake children) and wasn't Magneto (despite him also getting involved with his daughter).

It was Immortus

314573297_clean(1).thumb.jpg.27ee63b0a6b8566aa71f4cebdbf73adc.jpg

Why?

Well, in WCA #61, its revealed that Wanda is a Nexus Being - a person who exists in every possible reality. Through her, Immortus believes he can control the timelines of all realities in the multiverse simultaneously. 

Yeah, Nexus being. Remember that Nexus commercial in this episode?

Here's the most relevant page:

2125130225_RCO018_w_1578462744(2).thumb.jpg.40c5cdf97eff490eb70b3367070eb313.jpg

Oh, and note who it is that saves Wanda from Immortus.

It's Agatha Harkness.

So we've got Agatha Harkness, we've got Dark Wanda and her fake children, we've got the Multiverse of Madness, and we've got the Nexus. We also have strong rumors that Kang the Conqueror is going to be the big bad of Phase 5.

Plus, there's one more thing.

At the end of the next issue, the Time Keepers show up to put things right. They are (sort of...) the head dudes at the Time Variance Authority, and they seem to have already been teased in the trailers for Loki. 

Honestly the stuff in the show does not feel like Immortus to me at all, however I wonder if we're going to get a triple reveal - maybe some point down the line - like we did in the comics, where it seemed like Wanda was being manipulated by this villain, and then that villain, and eventually it turned out Immortus was pulling everyone's strings the whole time. 

I'd actually thought about Immortus, too. Particularly, the fast growing mysterious offspring of Wanda was similar to when Marcus Immortus forced Carol Danvers to have his child way back when. But if we're dealing with comics lore, it's Mephisto who has the comics connection to Wanda's children. Throw in Agatha Harkness' sorcery background and Mephisto is a better fit. Plus, Mr. M is a better crossover villain who could also affect Spiderman and Doctor Strange, two movies which probably tie-in to WandaVision.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

I'd actually thought about Immortus, too. Particularly, the fast growing mysterious offspring of Wanda was similar to when Marcus Immortus forced Carol Danvers to have his child way back when. But if we're dealing with comics lore, it's Mephisto who has the comics connection to Wanda's children. Throw in Agatha Harkness' sorcery background and Mephisto is a better fit. Plus, Mr. M is a better crossover villain who could also affect Spiderman and Doctor Strange, two movies which probably tie-in to WandaVision.

As you pointed out, Scarlet Witch is already set to appear in Dr Strange 2.  Dr Strange is already set to appear in Spider-man.  You have to have a link between the three and that will have to be some type of entity or villain.  We shall see.

it could be both, and you don't necessarily fully reveal Mephisto.

Maybe its Chthon as the local villian, and Mephisto watching from afar.

When the show ends, you see Mephisto turn off the tv, hand in his pants , get up to get another beer

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

As you pointed out, Scarlet Witch is already set to appear in Dr Strange 2.  Dr Strange is already set to appear in Spider-man.  You have to have a link between the three and that will have to be some type of entity or villain.  We shall see.

Chthon makes sense, too. Mephisto is just such a great name.

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Bruce Campbell is Mephisto.

And maybe the guy Paul Bettany has always wanted to work with.

A great theory - I’d be very happy with that personally , but I think Bettany might be referencing an older actor , however he does seem to have history with Sci- Fi / Horror

5 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

A great theory - I’d be very happy with that personally , but I think Bettany might be referencing an older actor , however he does seem to have history with Sci- Fi / Horror

It was a joke. It does seem like Al Pacino might be ready for his MCU debut.

1 minute ago, bpc3qh said:

So one question is: How did Agatha get into the Hex? Was Wanda led to Westview because of Agatha, or did Agatha just stroll into the Hex post-Hexing?

My theory is Agatha and Wanda were there before the Hexagon, and that Agatha and Wanda are responsible for the Hex with the help of darker powers. Agatha most likely tricked or coerced Wanda into doing it and it seems Agatha's basement is a portal to the Multiverse.

1 minute ago, gadzukes said:

Ok.... I know everyone is dying to know what my cameo in WV is......   :banana:

When I watched the show thru I NEVER even saw myself hahaha :tonofbricks:

But I went back thru and found some screen shots.

Pics 1 & 2.  I'm wearing the Jughead hat and juggling behind the girl.  (When they set the shot up they put me all the way in the back so I knew I probably wouldn't even be in the shot)

Pic 3: That's my head getting out of the car right in the middle... with Visions arm in the foreground.  I believe Vision is about to blast me for being such a bad actor.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_4111.jpeg

FullSizeRender-23.jpeg

So you can juggle?