• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

My 5-year old daughter likes to put together puzzles, but my son hates it.  A few weeks ago he was trying to help her with one, but after about five minutes of trying to fit pieces without matching any he got up and stormed away exclaiming "puzzles are DUMB!"

Whoever created that "Mephisto!  Mephisto!  Mephisto!" meme reminds me of my son.  You can't finish a puzzle if you don't have the patience to try the pieces, see if they fit, and fail dozens, hundreds, or thousands of times during the process, depending upon the size and complexity of the puzzle.

More than anything Wandavision is a mystery-based story.  You can't solve a mystery without running through the viability of a lot of failed hypotheses.

Edited by fantastic_four

6 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

My 5-year old daughter likes to put together puzzles, but my son hates it.  A few weeks ago he was trying to help her with one, but after about five minutes of trying to fit pieces without matching any he got up and stormed away exclaiming "puzzles are DUMB!"

Whoever created that "Mephisto!  Mephisto!  Mephisto!" meme reminds me of my son.  You can't finish a puzzle if you don't have the patience to try the pieces, see if they fit, and fail dozens, hundreds, or thousands of times during the process, depending upon the size and complexity of the puzzle.

More than anything Wandavision is a mystery-based story.  You can't solve a mystery without running through the viability of a lot of failed hypotheses.

I actually take that meme for what it is - friendly teasing because some want to force every reveal to be one character no matter what or who it is.

Or what your son would probably consider 'SEEING THE BIGGER MARVEL PORTFOLIO PICTURE'. :baiting:

Still not Sure Mephisto is in this.

Wasn't he supposed to be in the Hulu series with Hellstrom/Ghost Rider? Wasn't that at the same time when they were planning this?

I thought this episode was kinda flat, I'm tired of the sitcom format & it was pretty obvious before this show started we all knew she was Agatha Harkness, especially after she talked about Senor Scratchy

This does exonerate Wanda now, as I said no one would every trust her again 

But what was the point of Monica? She just lets Agatha cart her away with out a fight? makes no sense

Also why does it take the Vision an hour to figure out he doesn't need to wait in the truck for the light to change?

They need to step up the writing here

8 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I actually take that meme for what it is - friendly teasing because some want to force every reveal to be one character no matter what or who it is.

As one of the "Mephisto is coming" people, I've taken the meme to be good-natured ribbing of how people like me are always saying something is evidence of Mephisto. Honestly, I enjoy it. Think it's funny as hell. (Get it? Hell? Cuz it's Mephisto.)

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I had heard about that... so when you see a bunch of people watching his first appearance for $5.75 and no one else pulls the trigger... 

You say, 'whatever' and ruin everyone else's day.   It arrived yesterday.

IMG_1970.jpeg

You just Gamestonked Modred! lol

I don't see any BIN for less than $20

Can't we get D-Man  into the MCU so I can make some $$$$!

1 hour ago, Comics4All said:

Still not Sure Mephisto is in this.

Wasn't he supposed to be in the Hulu series with Hellstrom/Ghost Rider? Wasn't that at the same time when they were planning this?

I thought this episode was kinda flat, I'm tired of the sitcom format & it was pretty obvious before this show started we all knew she was Agatha Harkness, especially after she talked about Senor Scratchy

This does exonerate Wanda now, as I said no one would every trust her again 

But what was the point of Monica? She just lets Agatha cart her away with out a fight? makes no sense

Also why does it take the Vision an hour to figure out he doesn't need to wait in the truck for the light to change?

They need to step up the writing here

Seems to me Monica was trying to reason with her peacefully since, as far as Monica knows(I don't think she realizes she's Photon now), Wanda could rip her apart just by thinking it. But also, Monica thinks she can get to the good Wanda unlike Heyward who just wanted to blow her up.

As he's done in the past, Vision is a living computer and thus does everything by the book, until it's time for a shortcut. Plus, I imagine Vision was also being professional and didn't want to leave Darcy behind until it was time to leave Darcy behind.

IMO, the writing is exceptional. A lot of fans think it is, too. This show is outstanding.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

42 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

As one of the "Mephisto is coming" people, I've taken the meme to be good-natured ribbing of how people like me are always saying something is evidence of Mephisto. Honestly, I enjoy it. Think it's funny as hell. (Get it? Hell? Cuz it's Mephisto.)

Agree, I think it’s just good-natured ribbing and take it as such. 

Just be glad Rian Johnson hasn’t told us what he thinks of your Mephisto theory. 

Edited by Number 6

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Wow!

...son of Agatha Harkness and was a resident of the secret New Salem, Colorado community populated by magic users. Agatha left the reclusive community to live among normal people, and in time even became a nanny to Franklin Richards, son of Reed and Sue Richards of the Fantastic Four.

Now THIS I can clearly get behind as it fits the mold more than any of the other assumptions.

56 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

Seems like it. Even has the rabbit hole line. I really think some of these internet hacks just scour fansite forums like this looking for bits to steal for their livelihood.

Agatha's basement could very well be an entrance to the Nexus of All Realities. Just not sure we'll see Man Thing, particularly since we're in New Jersey and not Florida. Jersey Devil, maybe?