• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, media_junkie said:
5 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

IMO, the writing is exceptional. A lot of fans think it is, too. This show is outstanding.

Full agreement with this statement.  

I think its more 50/50 while I liked this episode I really despised the beginning and
am just warming to the show now. 

So it was shown that Agnes wasn't really catatonic when Vision woke her up, so apparently she was pushing him to go out of the hex (and be destroyed)?  What is the end goal there?  Have him destroyed so that a certain big bad can enter the Hex?

Also, was it her that started to revert the furniture/house/etc so that Wanda things she is going crazy in order to force her to take those Nexus pills?  This then causes her to become a Nexus being (if she isn't already) in order to travel/open the multiverse?  Isn't Mephisto a Nexus being?  

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Nexus_Beings

Also, I hope the next few episodes are longer (love the show), as long as it isn't 30 minutes of show and 30 minutes of credits.

4 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

it's a really good theory

Thanks Janet :cloud9:

3 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Seems like it. Even has the rabbit hole line. I really think some of these internet hacks just scour fansite forums like this looking for bits to steal for their livelihood.

Agatha's basement could very well be an entrance to the Nexus of All Realities. Just not sure we'll see Man Thing, particularly since we're in New Jersey and not Florida. Jersey Devil, maybe?

I thought the rabbit hole line was the most damning piece too because it was from another paragraph of my post. It looks like they also posted two other articles about each seperate section of my theory "coincidentally". 

I've had my Man-Thing theory cooking for a while pre Wandavision. There were a couple other parts involving Ellen Brandt, his former girlfriend/wife who showed up in Iron Man 3 working for AIM, and the fact that the Extremis she was using was meant to be a new super soldier serum and they explicitly say it was originally tested on plants, so it seems like there was a full back door for his origin there. There was also a direct namedrop from Maria Hill that mentions him escaping "the Fridge" in Agents of Shield, but I had a hard time pin pointing exactly where that fit in my Man-Thing timeline. I thought initially he could've shown up somewhere like Cloak and Dagger since it takes place on the gulf coast and they're both tied to different dimensions Cloak/Darkforce Man-Thing/the Nexus and they both have fear inducing powers. I've never put it all down on paper (or the internet) until today because I knew I'd just ramble on and on like this. lol

Edited by AJLewandoski
Spelling

I appreciate the Man-Thing theory. I'm in agreement that maybe we won't see the Man-Thing specifically; I'd wager they would take some creative liberties and "MCU" it so to speak. 

For a split second I had my tin-foil hat on in hopes that it was Doctor Doom really pulling the strings in order to lure Mephisto out to fight him (again) for his mothers soul. More wishful thinking than anything at this point.

2 hours ago, Cozmo-One said:

So it was shown that Agnes wasn't really catatonic when Vision woke her up, so apparently she was pushing him to go out of the hex (and be destroyed)?  What is the end goal there?  Have him destroyed so that a certain big bad can enter the Hex?

I think it's to cause general pain and agony for Wanda.

Be funny if they go straight to Quicksilver being a dad as well as Wanda really being a mother and Crystal and The Inhumans pop up right at the end of the series.

It does follow straight after Chthon / Mordred story. Make sense as Peters is defo wearing the comic Quicksilver costume. :idea:

Avengers #188 I think.

2c

This episode, while still good, was the worst one so far for me personally. I feel like it took too long to progress the story. Like vision being with Darcy really was a waste of time. And so was the whole “hey I have an aerospace engineer friend with a tank” and it didn’t work. But maybe that was all just to get us all horny for Reed Richards or Riri or Blue Marvel or....

Plus I find it odd that anyone would find the Agatha Harkness “reveal” a revelation. Wikipedia had Kathryn Hahn listed as this since day one. I think the bigger reveal is yet to come because Agatha as a villain is a pretty big departure. It seems pretty obvious that someone has something over her and I don’t see anyone other than Mephisto making sense. Why? I don’t think the true villain is defeated in this show, meaning whoever it is bleeds into Multiverse of Madness. You mean to tell me that Marvel is going to use a guy like Chthon or even Immortus as their next big screen baddie? No way. Mephisto is already in the MCU and has been references going back to Avengers 1. 

Edited by comicginger1789

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

This episode, while still good, was the worst one so far for me personally. I feel like it took too long to progress the story. Like vision being with Darcy really was a waste of time. And so was the whole “hey I have an aerospace engineer friend with a tank” and it didn’t work. But maybe that was all just to get us all horny for Reed Richards or Riri or Blue Marvel or....

Plus I find it odd that anyone would find the Agatha Harkness “reveal” a revelation. Wikipedia had Kathryn Hahn listed as this since day one. I think the bigger reveal is yet to come because Agatha as a villain is a pretty big departure. It seems pretty obvious that someone has something over her and I don’t see anyone other than Mephisto making sense. Why? I don’t think the true villain is defeated in this show, meaning whoever it is bleeds into Multiverse of Madness. You mean to tell me that Marvel is going to use a guy like Chthon or even Immortus as their next big screen baddie? No way. Mephisto is already in the MCU and has been references going back to Avengers 1. 

I agree, I know this entire series is all illusion, everything and everyone inside the Hex is not what they appear, multiple-times over. Including Agatha - I just keep telling myself "It's not what it seems". I haven't dived (dove?) into Chthon's stories except for the beginning story arc in Avengers. But seems more like a minor baddie rather than "the" major baddie for the next MCU phase. Meph would be a big enough baddie for that IMO. But Chthon does align with a lot of what we've seen in these episodes.

In any case, yeah this was a lot of nothing until the end. Monica becomes powered, Agatha is revealed, the basement is opened and @gadzukes gets screentime!

Edited by jcjames