• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jcjames said:

and @gadzukes gets screentime!

The Juggler - a being which toys with planets like play things.

:juggle:

Also known as MephistoChthonHighEvolutionary. Or a very skilled supporting actor. You decide, True Believer!

Edited by Bosco685

On 1/18/2021 at 7:07 PM, TupennyConan said:

If the audience demands superhero beat em ups, Marvel made about 25 features of em. 

How many cheesy sitcoms have been made over the years? A lot more than 25 I think?

The original fans of comics, bought comics because they were superhero beat em ups, they were action packed, if you remember and know your comics you'll know that romance comics, humour comics didn't do to well compared to the beat em ups.

Marvel should be trying to please their long time fans and not begging for a different audience, but pleasing the audience that have made them the success that they are.

I thought the hulu shows were bad, then I watched this dross and people are getting excited about irrelevant easter eggs when nothing else of any significance is happening?

I can't believe the reviews on IMDB are real, some yeah, but the amount of 10's, they're fake, what has exactly happened in this show so far with only 2 episodes left? Then when you go outside it's an Agents of Shield feel.

The Vision has become Paul Bettany, rather than the actor becoming The Vision. Agatha Harkness, all along, duh, we had no clue all along did we that it was Agatha, we really sre dumb in disneys eyes. Then they mock the original costumes, why don't these people try creating something original themselves.

I know it's the disney channel, might as well call wandavison the disney show, as it does not feel like any marvel comics I've ever read before, maybe Bill and Ted.

Are we all in agreeing that the book seen in the basement is the Darkhold? Or is it tied to the Nexus of All Realities?

If it’s for sure the Darkhold, that thing has definitely been tied to a lot of characters that have come up like Chthon and Modred. One who seems to also have a large connection is Morgan La Fay but no one really seems to care about her in any of their theories....

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

Are we all in agreeing that the book seen in the basement is the Darkhold? Or is it tied to the Nexus of All Realities?

If it’s for sure the Darkhold, that thing has definitely been tied to a lot of characters that have come up like Chthon and Modred. One who seems to also have a large connection is Morgan La Fay but no one really seems to care about her in any of their theories....

The MCU itself seems to be a Nexus of 80 years of Marvel Comics stories that mash together for the live action adventures. Marvel Studios targets not just longtime comics readers but also general audiences that don’t read comics, so Marvel tends to simplify things, so to speak, ie the Infnity Saga was just Thanos rather than a host of other cosmic and other-worldly beings like in the comic. In the end, I think one main character in WandaVision will come out on top as the major focus of evil doings. It works better that way for the cinema. If it was Agatha all along, I think it stays that way for the rest of the show until maybe a teaser of a bigger entity at the very end like the Thanos reveal in the credits scene of Avengers. Except Paul Bettany has exclaimed about working with a big  actor in the show. Either way, of course it’s Mephisto pulling the strings.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Did Monica have her powers before the Westview anomaly or as a result of it? Or has it enhanced them?

If the anomaly -- or passing through its wall [multiple times] -- causes one to be rewritten or gain powers, then how many other folks will be so altered?

For example, will Darcy become a superhero? 

26 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

Did Monica have her powers before the Westview anomaly or as a result of it? Or has it enhanced them?

If the anomaly -- or passing through its wall [multiple times] -- causes one to be rewritten or gain powers, then how many other folks will be so altered?

I was thinking the same thing. You can't have a rule where it only applies to an individual that has the same capabilities and genes as everyone else without some logical influence.

Two more episodes to at least determine if there will be more.

18 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

Here’s a theory. Before Wanda expanded the Hex, things came in and out of it without effort, except Vision. In Vision’s case, perhaps he is tied to the Hexagon and can’t leave it, like a powerful magnet. My guess is the Mind Stone. But that’s beside my point.

What if, after the Hex was expanded in Ep 6, Wanda or Agatha made the boundary stronger so that nothing gets in or out? Maybe that’s why SWORD no longer received a broadcast signal? Maybe that’s why the SWORD Land Rover couldn’t get through? Maybe that’s why Monica had to fight with all her might and resolve to get through, and in succeeding to breach the boundary(which may have increased in power), it didn’t just rewrite her on the surface or temporarily(like before), but completely rewrote her into a being of light? Or a superhero?

In this way, with Monica’s heroic act of possibly sacrificing herself to breach the boundary in order to save others, her hero moment, the Marvel Universe powered her up in return.

4 hours ago, herc2000 said:

How many cheesy sitcoms have been made over the years? A lot more than 25 I think?

The original fans of comics, bought comics because they were superhero beat em ups, they were action packed, if you remember and know your comics you'll know that romance comics, humour comics didn't do to well compared to the beat em ups.

Marvel should be trying to please their long time fans and not begging for a different audience, but pleasing the audience that have made them the success that they are.

I thought the hulu shows were bad, then I watched this dross and people are getting excited about irrelevant easter eggs when nothing else of any significance is happening?

I can't believe the reviews on IMDB are real, some yeah, but the amount of 10's, they're fake, what has exactly happened in this show so far with only 2 episodes left? Then when you go outside it's an Agents of Shield feel.

The Vision has become Paul Bettany, rather than the actor becoming The Vision. Agatha Harkness, all along, duh, we had no clue all along did we that it was Agatha, we really sre dumb in disneys eyes. Then they mock the original costumes, why don't these people try creating something original themselves.

I know it's the disney channel, might as well call wandavison the disney show, as it does not feel like any marvel comics I've ever read before, maybe Bill and Ted.

I disagree. It’s not the original fans who were causing outages at 3 am est of disney plus or who are busy posting mashups of the Agatha song all over tiktok and social media. The characters last because new creators rework them for a new audience - which is what comics have done for decades. 

I know plenty of people who are not comic books fans who are digging this show - and it has pushed them to watch some MCU movies for the first time. They’re creating a new audience that’s going to help keep these characters around for a long time. 

When everyone is super, no one will be. 

My lady friend recalled this line from the Incredibles as we watched E7 & I expressed my curiosity over Monica's powers.

It's like the necessary narrative deck-clearing or spring-cleaning of 'No more mutants.'    

Edited by TupennyConan

44 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I was thinking the same thing. You can't have a rule where it only applies to an individual that has the same capabilities and genes as everyone else without some logical influence.

Two more episodes to at least determine if there will be more.

Has anyone else entered and left the hex more than once?  Or maybe since she was part of the blip a week or two prior, that may have also done something to her DNA...

Edited by Cozmo-One

As she enters the hex and tries to breach it, Monica is being changed or split apart into different versions when she hears the voices and powers through. There are like 5 Monicas spread out around her. She hears CM says she is the strongest and she pulls the various Monica entities together, which is when she supercharges and the eyes glow and she comes through the other side. She does something there that matters, charges her up.

When we first meet Monnica and Woo at the hex with the cops, when she looks at it we get a little newton ring pattern showing the edges which we don't see at other times I do not think. At the time I wondered if she was able to sense the energy already.

3 minutes ago, Bird said:

As she enters the hex and tries to breach it, Monica is being changed or split apart into different versions when she hears the voices and powers through. There are like 5 Monicas spread out around her. She hears CM says she is the strongest and she pulls the various Monica entities together, which is when she supercharges and the eyes glow and she comes through the other side. She does something there that matters, charges her up.

When we first meet Monnica and Woo at the hex with the cops, when she looks at it we get a little newton ring pattern showing the edges which we don't see at other times I do not think. At the time I wondered if she was able to sense the energy already.

Think that Monica already had something there that the Hex only spurred it on to gain her full potential?