• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

I think mutants are off the table as far as the rest of WandaVision goes. I'm not even sure Tommy and Billy are mutants as it's possible they got their powers the same way Wanda and Pietro got theirs, from a Mind Stone, key word "a". Mutants come from the X-gene and I think that will tie-in more with Eternals and the Deviant gene. That's what I think.

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think mutants are off the table as far as the rest of WandaVision goes. I'm not even sure Tommy and Billy are mutants as it's possible they got their powers the same way Wanda and Pietro got theirs, from a Mind Stone, key word "a". Mutants come from the X-gene and I think that will tie-in more with Eternals and the Deviant gene. That's what I think.

Isn't Monica now a mutant since the Hex mutated her body leading to the powers she is exhibiting? 

11 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Isn't Monica now a mutant since the Hex mutated her body leading to the powers she is exhibiting? 

My understanding, from the comics, is that mutants are born that way and not manipulated later. There was a long argument about this, I think, at some point during the comics regarding whether Spidey was a mutant because of the same thing you said.

7 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

My understanding, from the comics, is that mutants are born that way and not manipulated later. There was a long argument about this, I think, at some point during the comics regarding whether Spidey was a mutant because of the same thing you said.

Thanks! This is a good point.

But if someone manipulates your genes to create a super-powered being to me that's a mutant: you've been mutated to something other than what was intended. Though even in that video from Emergency Awesome he even points out the comic book formula is mutants are required to be born. The one where he notes Monica will be more powerful than Captain Marvel.

CM_NAME.gif.4780f0d7a53d7d5b5a460c2a389a6731.gif

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Thanks! This is a good point.

But if someone manipulates your genes to create a super-powered being to me that's a mutant: you've been mutated to something other than what was intended. Though even in that video from Emergency Awesome he even points out the comic book formula is mutants are required to be born. The one where he notes Monica will be more powerful than Captain Marvel.

CM_NAME.gif.4780f0d7a53d7d5b5a460c2a389a6731.gif

Way, way, waaaaaaay more powerful. 

Just sayin’ 

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Monica will be more powerful than Captain Marvel.

I root for Monica Rambeau and I hope she kicks butt in her MCU superhero career, but until she takes out the best that the Kree Accusers have to offer, saves some people stranded in the middle of the galaxy on a dead spaceship and brings them back to Earth, and beats an Infinity Gauntlet wearing Thanos at cosmic peaknuckle, Monica will not be as powerful as Auntie Carol.

WandaVision is Spider-Man's favorite MCU thing ever...

Tom Holland said, "I am obsessed with 'WandaVision'. It's so difficult because obviously I'm on a Marvel set at the moment. So all of the producers are there, and I could just go up to Kevin Feige and be like, 'So what happens? What's going on?' It's really difficult for me to not ask the questions I want the answers to, but I'm loving it. And I think, honestly, it's for me, my favorite Marvel thing I've seen, because it really makes you think about 'What am I watching? What's going to happen? Where are they going to take this?' I love that they brought back the idea of releasing an episode a week. I think it requires the caliber and the quality of the show to be better because you need to keep people engaged for a longer period of time. So I'm loving it. I'm absolutely loving it."