• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

I think Marvel just set up the next Captain Marvel of the future with Monica

I think the Brie is stale and starting to smell :whistle:

Brie is fine and just getting started herself in the MCU. Might be something else that smells.Try changing out your face mask every now and then.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I root for Monica Rambeau and I hope she kicks butt in her MCU superhero career, but until she takes out the best that the Kree Accusers have to offer, saves some people stranded in the middle of the galaxy on a dead spaceship and brings them back to Earth, and beats an Infinity Gauntlet wearing Thanos at cosmic peaknuckle, Monica will not be as powerful as Auntie Carol.

You take this so personal it is like a sickness. I think Brie Larson, the Captain Marvel role and the MCU really will be okay. Trust me. :foryou:

1 hour ago, Comicopolis said:

I still don't know why Thanos is so all powerful. 

In the comics he's an Eternal.  I don't know anything about the Eternals but I assume they're fantasy-based.  I'm guessing it'll be the same in the MCU and Josh Brolin will pop up in the credits once the film is released.

3 hours ago, TupennyConan said:

We shouldn't ignore all the HYDRA references.

The Red Skull. 

Black Widow. Agnes Agatha is really her secret commie lover.

If you go under the premise that every commercial is one of the big bads taunting Wanda then the HYDRA references are digs at her being a member of it for most of her life.

37 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Brie is fine and just getting started herself in the MCU. Might be something else that smells.Try changing out your face mask every now and then.

what's with the personal attack? Did I make a comment about you? 

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Isn't Monica now a mutant since the Hex mutated her body leading to the powers she is exhibiting? 

A mutate.  The primary distinction is that mutants grow up feared and hated, whereas mutates get to grow up human then get their powers later after they grew up in a relatively normal way.  Mutants feel entirely more separate from human culture and civilization than mutates.

There was a long argument about this, I think, at some point during the comics regarding whether Spidey was a mutant because of the same thing you said.

They settled on him being a mutate.

55 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

You take this so personal it is like a sickness. I think Brie Larson, the Captain Marvel role and the MCU really will be okay. Trust me. :foryou:

How about unsolicited attacks on Brie Larson and Captain Marvel, before these same people even saw the movie, as a sickness? THAT is a sickness.

There is a small but stubborn legion of hate out there for Brie Larson and Captain Marvel that still exists along with small factions of ComicsGate disciples, much like the First Order from Star Wars. It's gross, but it's still out there. A close relative of mine was one of these haters back in '19 who had to force himself to see Captain Marvel for my sake even though he's a MCU fan. I'm like, "dude, why? You don't even know who Captain Marvel is! (knows nothing about the comics)" He replies with something like "Because she said this  and that and the internet told me to blah blah blah" and other talking points he coughed up from memory from some memo I'm sure he got from somewhere online. After the movie, he's like "That wasn't bad." Many, like said relative, put too much hope and faith in the wrong places of the internet. That's why this country is in the shape it's in right now.

I don't mind countering Captain Marvel hate and dislike wherever it rises.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Wait. So with this video the presenter talks about how The Celestials tampered with human genes leading to mutantkind.

That's the ret-con I referred to earlier relating to the Eternals we'll likely see more of after that film gets released.  I really like the ret-con myself because the idea of powers emerging from evolution is a stretch, so injecting fantasy into the mix fixes the problems.

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

A mutate.  The primary distinction is that mutants grow up feared and hated, whereas mutates get to grow up human then get their powers later after they grew up in a relatively normal way.  Mutants feel entirely more separate from human culture and civilization than mutates.

Thanks. It is a little tricky. But I can see how comic book writers would distinguish between the two paths - but potentially merging the two over time as the same societal standing.

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

That's the ret-con I referred to earlier relating to the Eternals we'll likely see more of after that film gets released.  I really like the ret-con myself because the idea of powers emerging from evolution is a stretch, so injecting fantasy into the mix fixes the problems.

The good thing is Feige can do what he wants within reason and still satisfy Marvel comic book source lore.

Especially someone like Magneto is going to embrace a super-powered mutant to support his cause versus turning them away because they weren't born with their powers.

8 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:
13 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Thanks. It is a little tricky. But I can see how comic book writers would distinguish between the two paths - but potentially merging the two over time as the same societal standing.

Let's relate it to real society.  Are you familiar with Rachel Dolezal, the white lady who made her skin as dark as she could and identified as African-American, telling people she was one when she wasn't?  She actually got to the point where she was the leader of an NAACP chapter before the press outed her nationally.  Let's go with the hypothetical that she actually altered her genetic structure to make it 99.999% similar to the average genome of an African, but she did it as an adult after she had avoided growing up as an African-American.  How accepted by American society do you anticipate she would be?  :fear:

Edited by fantastic_four

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Let's relate it to real society.  Are you familiar with Rachel Dolezal, the white lady who made her skin as dark as she could and identified as African-American, telling people she was one when she wasn't?  She actually got to the point where she was the leader of an NAACP chapter before the press outed her nationally.  Let's go with the hypothetical that she actually altered her genetic structure to make it 99.999% similar to the average genome of an African, but she did it as an adult after she had avoided growing up as an African-American.  How accepted by American society do you anticipate she would be?  :fear:

I'm not sure if you want to go down this rabbit hole on a comic book forum.