• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, piper said:

I think we should start a new thread for movie complaining...💩 

All the posts about Brie and Martha should be restricted to this thread. (:

Except Martha has nothing to do with the MCU and Brie Larson's MCU character has either been mentioned or heard in like four of the seven episodes of WandaVision so far, so she's relevant.

9 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Except Martha has nothing to do with the MCU and Brie Larson's MCU character has either been mentioned or heard in like four of the seven episodes of WandaVision so far, so she's relevant.

No. But like 'Martha' being mentioned all someone has to say is 'Captain Marvel' or 'Brie Larson' and you come running.

:baiting:

Hence...

CM_NAME.gif.45f767bebcd9b668d0e6e53cb4a0725c.gif

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Or how about unless you have something constructive or contributory to say about the good Captain and not trollish...

Spoiler

dontinvokeCaptain.thumb.JPG.5b44ee9c1234921a2ed88c357d7cceee.JPG

'Trollish' to you is not cheering "OH MY GOD CAPTAIN MARVEL IS SO INCREDIBLE!" (:

Someone invested major brain power in this.

"Agatha All Along," that catchy, chart-topping theme revealing Agatha "Agnes" Harkness's role in WandaVision, has been hiding in plain sight -- or, rather, plain ear-shot -- all along. Over on his Artsy Omni YouTube channel, game developer and Curiomatic founder Omni Jacala posted a video examining the repeated use of a certain musical motif in WandaVision's sitcom theme songs. The same motif is also used in "Wanda's Theme," which is the music that plays over the show's end credits. And wouldn't you know it, it's also a part of "Agatha All Along."

Obviously, the reveal that Agnes is Agatha Harkness, magical master manipulator behind Wanda's woes., was a reveal the series has been building to from the start. Filming Agatha's big reveal montage was much the same.

"Because you know, she's in that period costume, there's a transition where she goes from one costume to another, which obviously was a little different, that was shot slightly out of sequence," WandaVision cinematographer Jess Hall told Collider. "But generally, we got those shots when we were on those sets, because the sets were dressed period-specific and we didn't want to have to go back and redress a house or redress the street for that period. So we'd try to shift out of our sitcom world at the end of that work, and we'd be like, okay, right now, we're going to do all our 'Agatha All Along' moment. I mean, they're very specific shots, they're all single shots, so they often required a type of camera platform or type of crane or some sort of camera move that might not be used in the rest of the episode. It would require a little bit of a kind of shift and methodology for us. But yeah, we largely did them in sequence."

On 2/22/2021 at 8:17 PM, comicginger1789 said:

It’s gonna be an epic final battle  to the death scene as the FF, Professor X, Wanda, Vision and Monica take on Agnes, Chthon, Mephisto, Doom and Magneto. Every fan will effectively cream their jeans while subsequently dying from shock.

Oh and Adam the Blue Marvel will swoop in after the carnage and say “hey what did I miss”. Dr strange will appear and begin to try and undo the mess in his own movie.

Can rocket racer and all the storm hammers please make an appearance?

20 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

But if someone manipulates your genes to create a super-powered being to me that's a mutant: you've been mutated to something other than what was intended.

"Geek on!"

I know this has no real bearing at all on the MCU but back in the day the old TSR role playing game "Marvel Superheroes" had mutants defined as someone born with the "super power gene" with it not usually manifesting until puberty/teenage years (so obviously your X-men and what not).  It listed Altered Humans as someone who born normal, but then exposed to some outside radiation, secret formula, etc., (so like Spider-man and Fantastic Four).

"Geek off!"

1 minute ago, media_junkie said:

"Geek on!"

I know this has no real bearing at all on the MCU but back in the day the old TSR role playing game "Marvel Superheroes" had mutants defined as someone born with the "super power gene" with it not usually manifesting until puberty/teenage years (so obviously your X-men and what not).  It listed Altered Humans as someone who born normal, but then exposed to some outside radiation, secret formula, etc., (so like Spider-man and Fantastic Four).

"Geek off!"

:roflmao: :applause:

20 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

In the comics he's an Eternal.  I don't know anything about the Eternals but I assume they're fantasy-based.  I'm guessing it'll be the same in the MCU and Josh Brolin will pop up in the credits once the film is released.

Not only is he an Eternal, but he is a mutant Eternal, so that makes him more powerful.

23 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I can't really speak for the millions of WandaVision fans around the world, but what keeps me coming back each week isn't the sitcom of the week "gimmick" at all, though the mystery of who's pulling the strings is compelling.

What compels me to tune in to WandaVision every Friday at 3am is the story of Wanda's state of mind. She really crazy or is there something else? Also I find compelling the story of Vision's state of existence, a story continued from Infinity War. Is he dead or alive? Also the story of Monica Rambeau. She grew up to be a badaas and I like following her around as she attempts to help Wanda and Vision and the residents of Westview. Also the story of SWORD and this jerk in charge of everything. Is he just a trigger happy soldier or does he have darker plans? Also the story of Wanda's children. Also the love story of Wanda and Vision which we're finally seeing fleshed out, albeit in the form of a sitcom. And yes, the mystery of who's behind it all. Is it all Wanda? Was it really Agatha all along? There's a lot of stories in this show I find compelling. But that's just me.

As far as the sitcom of the week thing being a gimmick, I know it's easy to simply dismiss it as such, as so far there doesn't seem to be a reason behind it other than being gimmicky, kind of like how WW84 used the 80's as a gimmick and nothing more. However, Darcy posed the question to Agent Woo on the reason to have a sitcom from a different decade and that it couldn't have just been for her enjoyment. Paul Bettany teased in an earlier interview that by the end of the series, the whole broadcast sitcom thing will make sense. So something tells me the sitcom of the week thing is more than just a gimmick.

They were stuck in a hydra cubicle for years watching American TV. This is also my explanation for why the whole  universe speaks English. They've been getting tv signals from the 50s and learning English was the only way to understand I love Lucy and gunsmoke. They live in cultures with very little in the way of this sort of trivial entertainment. But they never needed to adopt written English. Also, alien abductions of English speaking sailors in the Bermuda triangle.

8 minutes ago, the blob said:

They were stuck in a hydra cubicle for years watching American TV. This is also my explanation for why the whole  universe speaks English. They've been getting tv signals from the 50s and learning English was the only way to understand I love Lucy and gunsmoke. They live in cultures with very little in the way of this sort of trivial entertainment. But they never needed to adopt written English. Also, alien abductions of English speaking sailors in the Bermuda triangle.

My theory, which I posted way back, is that the broadcast is meant for the Multiverse so that a certain Multiverse being with stakes in it all can view what’s going on in Westview. The CMBR that Darcy is picking up is also coming from the Multiverse, or the realm of Mephisto.

1 hour ago, media_junkie said:

"Geek on!"

"Geek off!"

They eventually called it the X-gene.  The distinction is that X-gene mutants have an identifiable pattern distinct from a mutate like Spider-Man or Monica Rambeau.  And as Bosco and I discussed yesterday the X-gene was designed and seeded on Earth by the Celestials.

I found the original story that identified mutants as having been a product of the Celestials.  It's from What If? #23 in 1980, and it's a secondary story in the issue that's only six pages and appears to serve as a teaser for the Eternals comic that also explains its back story.  All six pages are included below.  Very short read that explains the high-level concept of the forthcoming Eternals film including who the Celestials are and how the Deviants, Eternals, and X-gene mutants were all derived from rapidly evolving early human primates.  WELL worth a read to see how the X-Men are likely to be introduced into the MCU.  Oddly it's not written or illustrated by Kirby, but since Kirby came up with the Eternals I assume he must have collaborated heavily with Mark Gruenwald to get the story points in the pages below straight.

Note in particular the final two pages overviewing what the Celestial Oneg did with seeding a dormant gene into primitive man.  NOW I see why Feige wanted to do the Eternals film, and also why it's just as easy to introduce the X-Men now into the MCU as it was at any time--you just need a catalyst to awaken the dormant genes inserted into a small set of men by Oneg.  And as I mentioned yesterday, I bet it's High Evolutionary who did that in Sokovia because that's the site where the Celestials landed millions of years ago, and Wanda and Pietro are descended from Oneg's test subjects.  There's also no reason Magneto couldn't also be descended from them and the father of the twins.  Doing it that way smooths over for the MCU the multiple ret-cons of Wanda and Pietro from mutates to mutants and back to mutates that was done in the comics as well as explaining why we're not seeing the X-Men until now.

If that's how they're going to do it, we should expect either Herbert Wyndham or possibly someone else who continues his research to appear in an upcoming film and continue identifying Celestial DNA in humanity and experimenting on them to unlock their X-genes.

UFEhD8GsXPjYO3pYYa-Uj2uY_iNbt0NtOZM4PptnDmrlKQ-goXiPZ_3NiVPkTyrKLZmkQphjcHleAA=s1600 wwk5vZB-pn6Vyj4Q5DrsY9ITDlNAPdYVUqTi_-yXDP7WHcOPFWAJYZZl-3nhHMm3Ht15ghflMdiYsA=s1600hHOYPZZs2B4iiUh9UfTXpxXwviSeJRupeLAU74LEppAK-psuAjuoRUydlXoVtP5NUFZhPh2gtcFNTA=s1600 sUhXSf95JT_rj35XHgS0k1mIV9kKKDYdHFB8yAKpcrWb9ES5GctFzwSu4Ky5-d3Ep1ppnW5ykXwqIg=s1600 VTJVv3wXiwFUouDyOLns7ghHjEljY8AQEjxnjckGdv13wclY1j5ixtSBvRvRRnuCzZD_61qCIAbWvA=s1600 wQbevGzrvab3v5iKvivU3IKGE1TIoJLdAMwF3Kao6hF7RWYUqXsMlq-IcIEiW5JT2GvYgh557Je_eA=s1600

Edited by fantastic_four

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

While possible, if true it will be the biggest character flip from the comics that I can recall in the history of the MCU, something Feige has proven repeatedly he is loathe to do.

skrulls are now the good guys, so anything is possible

And the Jude Law character?

but I digress...

I didn't say Agatha was evil, just that she is the motivating bad guy in this story. She will have a good reason for doing this just as Wanda does.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/wandavision-leak-hints-secret-10th-episode-disney-series/

Granted wegotthiscovered isn't well respected... If you think about it...this maneuver provides additional buzz & fun, and doesn't cost them anything extra. Besides some steps to keep a lid on it...

Edited by Callaway29