• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Didn't you and I have a chat about this (checks notes)...

emotion01.gif.a2ac06398e46a785dc1da28cc5724f48.gif

...three weeks ago where I noted Thor had suffered much more than Wanda and you had noted he was a god so therefore he hadn't really suffered?

That wasn't me. But I did forget Thor did lose his Mom to a troll, his brother(adopted) and best friend to Thanos, and his Father to old age. Mmm, advantage Wanda.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

15 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

That wasn't me. But I did forget Thor did lose his Mom to a troll, his brother(adopted) and best friend to Thanos, and his Father to old age. Mmm, advantage Wanda.

Thor by a landslide. Father, mother, friends (Warriors Three), large portion of his people, his eye. And yes, off and on his step-brother.

But yes, Wanda. Because she's your MCU meal of the moment. :baiting:

22 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

And his Aunt tried to kill him.

59 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Thor by a landslide. Father, mother, friends (Warriors Three), large portion of his people, his eye. And yes, off and on his step-brother.

But yes, Wanda. Because she's your MCU meal of the moment. 

54 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

And his Aunt tried to kill him.

His sister tried to kill him.

Here's why I say Wanda wins the not so coveted Most Tragic Avenger Award.

Asgardians view death differently. For them, death is an honor won in battle which gives them passage to the Halls of Valhalla. They live for battle and death is acceptable.Thor's mother, adopted brother Loki, Heimdall and the Warriors Three all died in glorious combat and will live forever in Valhalla. Same for the Asgardian warriors all killed by Thanos. Though I'm sure it stung Thor's heart, it helps to know that he thinks he will see them again in Valhalla. Odin died of old age, not so tragic, and he sits at the head of the table in Valhalla. Plus they're all like thousands of years old. They've lived their lives. Plus, Thor still has Jane Foster if he wants (or she wants).

Not so much for Wanda. She's given no indication that she's super religious, so for her, life on Earth is it. She doesn't have some Asgardian warrior's code where battle is a way of life and she doesn't have a Valhalla to look forward to. She's an Avenger, sure, but more because of great responsibility rather than enjoyment. While all her loved ones died in war, it was different. As a child, she watched her parents die as victims to a missile blast. Her twin brother died being a super-hero, but she felt it all the more being a telepath and Pietro being her twin. Wanda had to kill Vision herself to save the universe while feeling his anguish because of their link through the Mind Stone and her telepathy. Then she had to watch Thanos kill the love of her life again. In Episode 7 of WandaVision, Wanda's children are gone. I think Mephisto has them. Basically, if my conjecture is right, the devil took her babies.

Wanda's life is more tragic. My academy vote goes to her.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

8 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

His sister tried to kill him.

Here's why I say Wanda wins the not so coveted Most Tragic Avenger Award.

Asgardians view death differently. For them, death is an honor won in battle which gives them passage to the Halls of Valhalla. They live for battle and death is acceptable.Thor's mother, adopted brother Loki, Heimdall and the Warriors Three all died in glorious combat and will live forever in Valhalla. Same for the Asgardian warriors all killed by Thanos. Though I'm sure it stung Thor's heart, it helps to know that he thinks he will see them again in Valhalla. Odin died of old age, not so tragic, and he sits at the head of the table in Valhalla. Plus they're all like thousands of years old. They've lived their lives. Plus, Thor still has Jane Foster if he wants (or she wants).

Not so much for Wanda. She's given no indication that she's super religious, so for her, life on Earth is it. She doesn't have some Asgardian warrior's code where battle is a way of life and she doesn't have a Valhalla to look forward to. She's an Avenger, sure, but more because of great responsibility rather than enjoyment. While all her loved ones died in war, it was different. As a child, she watched her parents die as victims to a missile blast. Her twin brother died being a super-hero, but she felt it all the more being a telepath and Pietro being her twin. Wanda had to kill Vision herself to save the universe while feeling his anguish because of their link through the Mind Stone and her telepathy. Then she had to watch Thanos kill the love of her life again. In Episode 7 of WandaVision, Wanda's children are gone. I think Mephisto has them. Basically, if my conjecture is right, the devil took her babies.

Wanda's life is waaay more tragic. My academy vote goes to her.

Although I get your point about the Asgardian virtues in celebrating courage and strength, it doesn't make the loss any lighter for Thor.

But what shocks me more is there have been whole Youtube videos of people debating who suffered most: Thor or Wanda. So at least people recognize these two have suffered substantially.

:(

Just now, Comicopolis said:

Aunts, sisters, I can't keep up with these family dramas.

Why aren't there more explosions and car crashes?

Hey, this isn't some sister-wife cult thing. This is serious stuff: COMIC BOOKS!

emotion01.gif.1b17f83f488e6ab0bc5d840f5be3ad8f.gif

On 2/23/2021 at 9:07 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Speaking of crying, this shot of Wanda briefly pops up during Monica's debrief of the Hex in Ep 5 when she's describing the anguish of Wanda in her head.

IMG_0879.thumb.jpg.7b51ade5fdbc222d1d418b63ce70b375.jpg

This shot isn't from aired episodes yet, and that's a modern Wanda hair style. So is this before WandaVision or from Episodes 8 or 9? Perhaps heavy sorrow is in store for our heroes.

That's the face of a woman who just found out her kids aren't real.