• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, piper said:

I can’t watch the episode till later this evening. Was it good?

It turns out Vision was Mephisto the entire time, using that persona to trick Wanda into revealing her full mystical potential.

Then you had Reed Richards and Namor show up and disrupt the entire flow of the show.

But the saving grace was when Doctor Doom came strolling in, spouting off about having to save Sokovia after Stark Industries made a mess of the place. When he reaches out to grab that magic book, and a massive finger came down on the house I about screamed.

Spoiler

galactus-marvel.thumb.jpg.f8050bde19001f2f25c3f8e16b6012d7.jpg

Of course, I knew it all along.

emotion01.gif.bd8f73ea72ebf6fd1b2e0e52975f6c5e.gif

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

It turns out Vision was Mephisto the entire time, using that persona to trick Wanda into revealing her full mystical potential.

Then you had Reed Richards and Namor show up and disrupt the entire flow of the show.

But the saving grace was when Doctor Doom came strolling in, spouting off about having to save Sokovia after Stark Industries made a mess of the place. When he reaches out to grab that magic book, and a massive finger came down on the house I about screamed.

Reveal hidden contents

galactus-marvel.thumb.jpg.f8050bde19001f2f25c3f8e16b6012d7.jpg

Of course, I knew it all along.

emotion01.gif.bd8f73ea72ebf6fd1b2e0e52975f6c5e.gif

You didn't see the end credits scene where Nightmare and Cthon bust through the door with a little song and dance?

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

You didn't see the end credits scene where Nightmare and Cthon bust through the door with a little song and dance?

Nope.

The leading theory was Mephisto, Mephisto, Mephisto. So - Mephisto!

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yes, I say tomato, you say potato.

I acknowledged that Thor has experienced more loss than Wanda. What I'm saying is there is a difference between Thor and Wanda in how they experience and perceive life and death.

In their MCU stories, there's also a difference in how the death of their loved ones came about. Thor didn't see his parents killed by a wartime missile as a child. Unlike Wanda, Thor got to say goodbye to both his parents in two touching scenes in Ragnarok and Endgame. With everyone else, death came in the heat of battle doing what Asgardians do as a warrior race.

Wanda's world wasn't the planet Earth and all of humanity. It was her small family. Her parents, her twin brother, and her soulmate. All taken from her with no closure. Apparently Wanda's lakeside chat with Barton wasn't the closure she needed.

**SPOILER ALERT** Wanda standing in the middle of a vacant lot with a land deed gifted to her by Vision after she's lost everything is pretty tragic. Thor still had Asgard. Wanda had a vacant lot.

As of today, Wanda still gets the award for Most Tragic Avenger on my voting card.

P.S. Of course, this could change if Wanda does get Vision back near 100% as well as her children and gets to live happily ever after Doctor Strange 2.

Yeah, Thor only saw someone murder his mother right in front of him, while he had the power to stop it yet was too late... Sound familiar?

Wanda signed up to be an Avenger, and decided to date an Avenger. Comes with the same expectations as any other warrior.

Clicking yet?

I place little value on the thoughts and opinions of one who 'measures' the grief of one person against the grief of another.  We are really measuring up the grief and survivor's guilt of one fictional character versus another?  Thor should be grieving more than Wanda?  

Let's measure this up against real life.   Is the loss of someone's mother more "traumatizing" than the loss of a brother or sister?  Is the loss of a group of neighbors in a fire more traumatizing than the loss of a single friend in a car accident.  Who the hell is anyone to "measure" someone's grief? 

I remember when someone said something like that once.  He told the grieving sister that she should move on and get over it since her brother was on this Earth for fewer years than he had been married to his wife who had passed. 

That man was a real life troll.  What happened to him?  He was so disliked that when he passed, he was buried in an unmarked grave.  No name on a stone, nothing.  He was a real life troll, and people were glad to see him gone. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Idk. I butted into this mid-discussion. Didn't really pay attention to when or why it was brought up, since AFAIK Thor has nothing to do with WandaVision. I think it was pretty clear from the last 2 Avengers movies that Thor has had the toughest emotional journey throughout the MCU so far. I thought it was worth pointing out.

25 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
5 hours ago, greggy said:

After today’s episode there may be some disappointed comic specs

lol Yup... especially the guy that spent $42,000 on the second appearance of Mephisto in a 9.8. 

I didn't notice evidence including nor excluding Mephisto, Chthon, Immortus, or Nightmare this episode, just a bit of back story on Agatha mostly taken straight from her history in the comic and a ton of back story on Wanda, much of which we already knew from prior films.  The most compelling bit of info about Wanda was the plot of land in Westview.  I wasn't entirely sure how to interpret that piece of paper she was holding, but it looked like a map of the land plot with a note from Vision indicating that they could build a home there together, wasn't it?

I couldn't tell what went on with Agatha in that 1693 scene.  Did she choose to kill her coven, or was it beyond her control?  The witch she called her mom said that whatever she was dabbling in was beyond her control, so I couldn't tell what killed them or how she felt about it.

We've been rick rolled.

Marvel fans have been anxiously awaiting the final episodes of the WandaVision series in the hopes that they will eventually be greeted by a surprise cameo on-par with Samuel L. Jackson at the end of Iron Man. Paul Bettany has been teasing fans with a cameo that will blow their minds, saying that he has scenes with an actor that he has wanted to work with for his entire career. Fans have spent weeks trying to figure out the identity of this mystery actor. However, after watching the penultimate episode of WandaVision, it seems that there is a chance Paul Bettany has been trolling us all along.

WARNING: This article contains MAJOR spoilers for the latest episode of WandaVision! Continue reading at your own risk...

Spoiler

Was he talking about himself??

In the eighth episode of WandaVision, it's revealed that the version of Vision we've been seeing in Westview isn't the real Vision. Wanda never stole his body from SWORD, she simply saw it. When she created Westview, she created a brand new Vision from nothing. This explains why he has such a hard time leaving the Hex. Vision's real body is still in the possession of SWORD.

This episode has a mid-credits scene that shows SWORD using Wanda's energy (from the drone she threw back at them) to put Vision's body back online, creating an actual weapon. This is an all white version of Vision, similar to the one in the comics. This is where Bettany's comment comes into play.

As White Vision wakes up in the credits scene, it's clear that he's going to be sent into Westview to try and take out Wanda. There's a good chance these two Visions end up fighting one another. So, we ask again: Was Paul Bettany talking about himself?

"There is one character that has not been revealed and it is very exciting, it's an actor I've longed to work with all of my life," Bettany told Esquire a couple of weeks ago. "We have some amazing scenes together, and the chemistry between us is, I think, extraordinary, and it was just fireworks on set. So I'm really excited for people to see that stuff."

I think that is where the story is going.

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Ohhhh I thought the most compelling bit of information out of the whole episode was when Agatha revealed that Wanda was born with these powers.  With the exception of Thor who is another being, and Peter Quill who is a human / alien hybrid, Wanda is the first character to be 'born' with abilities. Previously we were told that the infinity stone provided these powers to her.  Every human character that Marvel has given us developed these powers by accident, like Hulk and Spider-man, OR they were intentionally provided like with Captain America.  Marvel just retconned it so that Wanda was born with these powers and the infinity stone just magnified it.

Marvel just introduced us to mutants. 

:banana:

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I place little value on the thoughts and opinions of one who 'measures' the grief of one person against the grief of another.  We are really measuring up the grief and survivor's guilt of one fictional character versus another?  Thor should be grieving more than Wanda?  

Let's measure this up against real life.   Is the loss of someone's mother more "traumatizing" than the loss of a brother or sister?  Is the loss of a group of neighbors in a fire more traumatizing than the loss of a single friend in a car accident.  Who the hell is anyone to "measure" someone's grief? 

I remember when someone said something like that once.  He told the grieving sister that she should move on and get over it since her brother was on this Earth for fewer years than he had been married to his wife who had passed. 

That man was a real life troll.  What happened to him?  He was so disliked that when he passed, he was buried in an unmarked grave.  No name on a stone, nothing.  He was a real life troll, and people were glad to see him gone. 

In this case, there's a difference in measuring grief between two comic book movie characters and two people in real life. I would never think to do that in real life, but there's nothing wrong with doing it with two comic book characters as the story elements of their fictional life can shape their character further down the story. In fact, it should be considered. Is Thor's loss so great that it affects his character's actions in future chapters? Is Wanda's loss so great that it affects her character's actions in future chapters? Apparently Marvel thought Wanda's loss was so great that they made a 9-10 episode hit Disney+ show about it. Whereas Thor seems like he's just moving on to road trip with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

We've been rick rolled.

I think that is where the story is going.

That's a good idea, but I really do think that they are going to have Dr. Strange appear at the end of next week's episode in either the proper episode or the mid credits scene.  Everything Disney does is a commercial in a way for another project that they want you to see.  If Wanda is showing up in Dr. Strange 2 it would make the most sense for him to pop up next week even if it is in passing or a cameo in the credits. 

At the worst I think we could see something along the lines to the the rebuilt Sanctum Sanctorum with her in front of the door and the doors open up.  I really do feel that in some way shape or form, Strange is coming. 

20 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Idk. I butted into this mid-discussion. Didn't really pay attention to when or why it was brought up, since AFAIK Thor has nothing to do with WandaVision. I think it was pretty clear from the last 2 Avengers movies that Thor has had the toughest emotional journey throughout the MCU so far. I thought it was worth pointing out.

I simply posted yesterday how great Wanda's loss was that it made her story the most tragic of the Avengers IMO. Bosco brought up the Thor vs Wanda grief debate and it kinda went from there.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

I simply posted yesterday how great Wanda's loss was that it made her story the most tragic of the Avengers IMO. Bosco brought up the Thor vs Wanda grief debate and it kinda went from there.

I brought it up and let it go. You fanatically once again keep the topic going as the MCU meal of the moment.

:jaws:

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Ohhhh I thought the most compelling bit of information out of the whole episode was when Agatha revealed that Wanda was born with these powers.  With the exception of Thor who is another being, and Peter Quill who is a human / alien hybrid, Wanda is the first character to be 'born' with abilities. Previously we were told that the infinity stone provided these powers to her.  Every human character that Marvel has given us developed these powers by accident, like Hulk and Spider-man, OR they were intentionally provided like with Captain America.  Marvel just retconned it so that Wanda was born with these powers and the infinity stone just magnified it.

Marvel just introduced us to mutants. 

Forgot about that.  I've been assuming it since early on anyway for reasons I've outlined in excruciating detail with the twins being descendants of the original primates the Celestials engineered to have the X-gene, so that piece just fit exactly where I figured it would go.  Agatha also noted that her power would have gone unnoticed if not for the Mind stone which was a second confirmation of the X-gene being dormant as the Celestials designed it to be.

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

That's a good idea, but I really do think that they are going to have Dr. Strange appear at the end of next week's episode in either the proper episode or the mid credits scene.  Everything Disney does is a commercial in a way for another project that they want you to see.  If Wanda is showing up in Dr. Strange 2 it would make the most sense for him to pop up next week even if it is in passing or a cameo in the credits. 

At the worst I think we could see something along the lines to the the rebuilt Sanctum Sanctorum with her in front of the door and the doors open up.  I really do feel that in some way shape or form, Strange is coming. 

Oh, I could definitely see this coming in the world of the MCU - connections upon connections. But Bettany toying with fans would be the ultimate for a show about twists and turns and teases.

vision.thumb.PNG.a2f1b688484142d06205df695d305412.PNG

:roflmao:

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I really do feel that in some way shape or form, Strange is coming. 

I'll be absolutely shocked if he doesn't appear next episode, even if it's just in a post-credits scene.

I'm also going out on a limb that has well under a 50% chance of happening, it's just an educated guess--we'll see one of the big bads we've been hypothesizing about, and he will show up to us in the guise of the guy Bettany has always wanted to work with, and that actor will be Ralph Fiennes.