• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

I guess we also saw that the hypothesis of the two people in the Wandavision commercials being her parents wasn't the case.  I never heard why people were thinking that anyway so I had no opinion about it.

One little thing I wasn't entirely sure what to make of--rabbits are herbivores, but Agatha fed Scratchy an insect.  That implies whatever Scratchy is, he's not a rabbit.  But most wizards don't eat insects, either, so it's not strong evidence of him being a transmuted Nicholas Scratch.

Edited by fantastic_four

Just now, fantastic_four said:

I guess we also saw that the hypothesis of the two people in the Wandavision commercials being her parents wasn't the case.  I never heard why people were thinking that anyway so I had no opinion about it.

One little thing I wasn't entirely sure what to make of--rabbits are omnivores, but Agatha fed Scratchy an insect.  That implies whatever Scratchy is, he's not a rabbit.  But most wizards don't eat insects, either, so it's not strong evidence of him being a transmuted Nicholas Scratch.

Was it an insect or was it the bird at that point?

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Was it an insect or was it the bird at that point?

She transmuted it into a bird, and she explicitly referred to what she had done as being an illusion.  She then sent it flying towards Scratchy and it instantly appeared as an insect after it went into his mouth.  When he chewed it one of the insect's wings fell to the floor.  Not sure what kind of insect it was, but it looked like a cicada.

Just now, fantastic_four said:

She transmuted it into a bird, and she explicitly referred to what she had done as being an illusion.  She then sent it flying towards Scratchy and it instantly appeared as an insect after it went into his mouth.  When he chewed it one of the insect's wings fell to the floor.  Not sure what kind of insect it was, but it looked like a cicada.

Ahhhhh. Thank you!

But I did notice she fed it either one and assumed there is another big reveal coming. That actress has really made that role her own.

I corrected this in my original post with an edit, but you quoted it so just to be clear--rabbits are herbivores (I mistakenly typed it as them being omnivores), so they wouldn't eat either birds or cicadas.

Edited by fantastic_four

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:
20 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

that actor will be Ralph Fiennes

He who shall not be named!?

Voldemort himself.  That's my guess because he's a big name who would give weight to the role of whichever mystical being he might play, him playing Voldemort suggests he's a fan of this type of fiction, he's a Brit so it's possible Bettany knew of him from the theater before Fiennes was even a film actor, and he's 9 years older than Bettany which is the right age for him to be someone Bettany would respect and admire during the time period Bettany was aspiring to become an actor.

37 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Forgot about that.  I've been assuming it since early on anyway for reasons I've outlined in excruciating detail with the twins being descendants of the original primates the Celestials engineered to have the X-gene, so that piece just fit exactly where I figured it would go.  Agatha also noted that her power would have gone unnoticed if not for the Mind stone which was a second confirmation of the X-gene being dormant as the Celestials designed it to be.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 8.32.42 AM.png

30 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Did anyone recognize either of the two scientists running the experiment on Wanda?  Was one of them Strucker?

I was confused as to whether or not that was the intent. They are experimenting on her prior to Ultron but it is unknown as to how many years or months before.   Here is a screen cap from the Hydra scene and the Strucker from Ultron.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 10.37.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 10.40.32 AM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

Wait a minute...I just re-watched the video footage from episode 5 where Heyward claims that Wanda broke into SWORD and stole Vision's body.  I did it to see if it was the exact same footage we just saw in this episode, and it absolutely, positively is that same footage--except that we just saw in the episode that she did NOT steal Vision's disassembled body.  The video footage from episode 5 cuts off right at the moment she's standing there looking at the parts and you never actually see her leave with them.

Doesn't that mean whatever we're seeing in Wandavision absolutely, positively isn't Vision, and the white version we see during the credits was the re-assembled version that was never actually stolen?

Edited by fantastic_four

15 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Wait a minute...I just re-watched the video footage from episode 5 where Heyward claims that Wanda broke into SWORD and stole Vision's body.  I did it to see if it was the exact same footage we just saw in this episode, and it absolutely, positively is that same footage--except that we just saw in the episode that she did NOT steal Vision's disassembled body.  The video footage from episode 5 cuts off right at the moment she's standing there looking at the parts and you never actually see her leave with them.

Doesn't that mean whatever we're seeing in Wandavision absolutely, positively isn't Vision, and the white version we see during the credits was the re-assembled version that was never actually stolen?

Yeah, looks like the Westview Vision is a construct by Wanda and white Vision is the real Vision's body. But what if, as someone posted a while back, when Wanda killed Vision in Infinity War, she kept some of the best parts of Vision for herself and internalized it somehow? Perhaps what we're seeing in the Westview Vision is more than just a figment of Wanda's imagination but the actual regurgitated Vision mind/memory inhabiting the Westview construct?  What if Wanda did something like a Vulcan mind meld with Dr McCoy from Star Trek 2 and mind melded with Vision as she killed him? And like Star Trek 3 where we had a body of Spock with no mind, Heyward has Vision's body without Vision's mind, which is what is walking around Westview right now? And what if Episode 9 involves melding the body with the mind again, just like they did with Mr. Spock? Kevin Feige has copied Star Trek before, he's probably doing it again here.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

48 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Voldemort himself.  That's my guess because he's a big name who would give weight to the role of whichever mystical being he might play, him playing Voldemort suggests he's a fan of this type of fiction, he's a Brit so it's possible Bettany knew of him from the theater before Fiennes was even a film actor, and he's 9 years older than Bettany which is the right age for him to be someone Bettany would respect and admire during the time period Bettany was aspiring to become an actor.

I beat that Mephisto drum about as loud as anyone here. At this point in the story, to bring in Mephisto or some other big bad character to affect the story might be a literal Diabolus ex Machina. After Ep 8, I think this is a story about Wanda's grief and her powering up with multiple parties wanting to exploit that grief and power up, including Agatha and Heyward. If a big bad does come in at the last minute, it might be more of epilogue event (not necessarily a credits scene) who takes advantage of the chaos that's about to ensue.

With the more progressive direction the MCU might be taking in Phase Four at least, perhaps it makes sense not to make the big bad villain another omnipotent patriarchal character like Mephisto. It's just that's the main villainous character who connects to the birth of Wanda's twins.

11 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yeah, looks like the Westview Vision is a construct by Wanda and white Vision is the real Vision's body. But what if, as someone posted a while back, when Wanda killed Vision in Infinity War, she kept some of the best parts of Vision for herself and internalized it somehow? Perhaps what we're seeing in the Westview Vision is more than just a figment of Wanda's imagination but the actual regurgitated Vision mind/memory inhabiting the Westview construct?  What if Wanda did something like a Vulcan mind meld with Dr McCoy from Star Trek 2 and mind melded with Vision as she killed him? And like Star Trek 3 where we had a body of Spock with no mind, Heyward has Vision's body without Vision's mind, which is what is walking around Westview right now? And what if Episode 9 involves melding the body with the mind again, just like they did with Mr. Spock? Kevin Feige has copied Star Trek before, he's probably doing it again here.

Sounds viable.  Heyward creating that unfeeling version of Vision from West Coast Avengers 45 does seem like a setup for somehow getting Vision's consciousness back into that body.

One thing this appears to eliminate is the possibility of Ultron's involvement.  He mostly made sense because he's one of the only people who could re-create his mind as seen in the version from Westview, but now we know he's not involved with creating that version, only Wanda is.