• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Can anyone make the case that Agatha has done anything at all antagonistic?  I can't identify anything at all yet that's definitive.

If you assume those are real kids she seemed to be pretty tough on them at the end, but in the comics Wanda is not the direct mother of Wiccan and Speed and the twins she thought were hers turned out to not be that at all, so that may be the case here as well.  Seems more likely they're the same sorts of constructs that the Westview version of Vision is.

I don't think that Agatha has done anything antagonistic at all other than encourage what Wanda was already doing.  She seems more like the observant that is encouraging everything so she can find out how to do it herself.   Wanda would be doing most of all of this anyway without Agatha. 

20 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
44 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

I understand why she was being punished, what I mean to say is what specifically did she study that was forbidden & why did it sap the lifeforce of the coven seemingly without Agatha's knowledge?

The color of her magic seemed different than the color of the magic of the rest of the coven so maybe it is a light side vs dark side jedi type of magic. 

Bosco just posted the color origin--it claimed purple is the color of magic from the Dark Dimension, i.e. the place shown in the first Doctor Strange movie that Dormammu is from.  I haven't verified that all of those bad guys in the movie had purple-colored magic yet, but it's on the to-do list.

Edited by fantastic_four

53 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Can anyone make the case that Agatha has done anything at all antagonistic?  I can't identify anything at all yet that's definitive.

If you assume those are real kids she seemed to be pretty tough on them, but in the comics she's not the direct mother of Wiccan and Speed and the twins she thought were hers turned out to not be that at all, so that may be the case here as well.

I think we can assume Tommy and Billy are real. Monica said they were real. At first, I wasn’t sure we could trust Monica as an observer but she seems to have been right about a lot of things like Wanda being the cause of it all. Monica is a reliable witness in the story. Everything in Westview is real, just transmutated or from Wanda.

27 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Bosco just posted the color origin--it claimed purple is the color of magic from the Dark Dimension, i.e. the place shown in the first Doctor Strange movie that Dormammu is from.  I haven't verified that all of those bad guys had purple-colored magic yet, but it's on the to-do list.

@Bosco685 is correct. 

I missed his post... sorry there. 

746975485_ScreenShot2021-02-26at8_16_01PM.thumb.png.68247c34680bd92957b2a554b5bbbcc3.png60080916_ScreenShot2021-02-26at8_18_42PM.thumb.png.84d6c9fcaca4831b358e3d95a18e0fcb.png

Edited by Buzzetta

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Agatha has only been the clear antagonist for a little over one episode, but she has done a few things antagonistic against our protagonist Wanda. She passive aggressively stepped in-between Monica and Wanda just when Monica was about to break through to her. She killed Sparky either to be spiteful or break down the perfection of Wanda's world. I bet it was her that made Mr Hart choke on a piece of food or made the stork come to life, all to break down Wanda's perfect home world. She kidnapped Tommy and Billy and is holding them hostage in exchange for Wanda's secret to wield Chaos Magic. She restrained Wanda against her will and threw her up against the wall once or twice. She mocked the tragedy in Wanda's life as they took a trip through Wanda's past serving to belittle her as she tries to break her down to get what she wants, the secret to wielding Chaos Magic.

4 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

How are the kids real? They didn’t exist, and then they did, and then they were grown...

Didn't Agatha say something like Wanda has the power to create sentient life, but is using it to make breakfast for dinner?  

Edit: She says Wanda is capable of spontaneous creation

Edited by Cozmo-One

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

How are the kids real? They didn’t exist, and then they did, and then they were grown...

Or Wanda is wielding an insane amount of power like Darcy says. Anything is possible it seems with this Chaos Magic thing. And if Monica, who midwifed the kids and has been a reliable witness so far, says the kids are real, then I believe the kids are real. I think for the sake of the story, we can trust Monica.

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

If you assume those are real kids she seemed to be pretty tough on them at the end, but in the comics Wanda is not the direct mother of Wiccan and Speed and the twins she thought were hers turned out to not be that at all, so that may be the case here as well.  Seems more likely they're the same sorts of constructs that the Westview version of Vision is.

I agree... which was pleasing in that I think they made a quick (partial) turn with Agatha.  I don’t think she was, even in Salem, ever truly “evil”... I think with Wanda she was drawn to her magic like a moth (or cicada) to a flame... Clearly she absorbs power so THAT much power is something she can’t help but seek the origin of.

That being said, the tour through Wanda’s life probably showed her some parallels to her own life.  She sees Wanda as a victim... and I assume she will, eventually, seek to help her control her abilities.  I know she’s still shown threatening the children (real, or not, they too might just be more sources of power Agatha could be drawn to)... but she’s clearly becoming sympathetic to Wanda.

Overall, though, as much as we all expected this episode to propel the story forward, it certainly ended up being the “take a step back from the ledge for the final big jump” kind of thing. And I would guess that, as cool as it was to see them make all those great connections to the comics, it was a much more useful episode to the non-fanatical comic readers/MCU viewers... who are now completely up to speed with Wanda’s history and ready for whatever comes next.

Looking forward to next week!

Thanks so much, Disney, for the week-to-week schedule! I now look back and WISH Netflix had done this with their Marvel series... I think we’d all have had a lot of fun pouring over every episode of DD, Jessica Jones, the Punisher and Luke Cage this way... and complaining about Iron Fist. LOL

I really enjoyed this episode, thought it was great to have an emotional backstory prior to the final episode.  I've rather enjoyed all the discussions and guesses/speculations every week; at the very least I've learned a LOT of comic book story history from people here and certain reaction video channels.

I thinking the big reveal will not be Dr. Strange, but the TRUE friend of Monica who shows up next week.

k81plk20cej61.jpg?width=879&auto=webp&s=10a50adf586955422542c70b5e806a4ab3b0abce

(stolen from Reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/WANDAVISION/comments/lr8uln/the_big_reveal_we_deserve/)

While Hahn's performance is a high point, just one more episode to tie up the dozens and dozens of very real and lasting questions that were sloggingly dragged through these eight episodes - not to mention the tons of easter eggs purposefully dumped into every episode that all point... nowhere? Getting a very strong GOT season-8 vibe from this.