• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Maybe an unimportant detail, but how did Vision get the deed to a property? Did Stark buy it for him and Wanda or was Vision able to purchase it on his own?  Did Vision get Avengers pay through the government? And if so, was he able to get a social security number? Was Vision ever considered a sentient being by the US Government?

That's going to be in the standalone movie 'The Banker' where it focuses on the origin of Wanda's house and the person that helped broker the lot purchase.

There must be a spin-off to cover this! :rulez:

:baiting:

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Maybe an unimportant detail, but how did Vision get the deed to a property? Did Stark buy it for him and Wanda or was Vision able to purchase it on his own?  Did Vision get Avengers pay through the government? And if so, was he able to get a social security number? Was Vision ever considered a sentient being by the US Government?

I wondered some of this too.  I freeze-framed the scene with the deed, and the only non-trivial info I could find on it is that the realtor who sold the property was the same name as a Wandavision art director named Kate Weddle.  (shrug)

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

That's going to be in the standalone movie 'The Banker' where it focuses on the origin of Wanda's house and the person that helped broker the lot purchase.

Now I want to see this movie. Or better yet, the streaming series. :popcorn:

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

I’ve got another great name for it...

”Things I don’t give a $@#T about” 

13 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I wondered some of this too.  I freeze-framed the scene with the deed, and the only non-trivial info I could find on it is that the realtor who sold the property was the same name as a Wandavision art director named Kate Weddle.  (shrug)

I was wondering if The Vision's first name is now officially The as per the deed.

27 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

In Episode 5, Agent Woo describes Vision’s living will so he had some legal rights. If so, perhaps Vision was considered sentient enough to purchase real estate (maybe with a personal assist from Tony Stark) and gift it to Wanda  at some time before Infinity War.

Ok a few thoughts after sleeping on things:

1- what is going to happen to white vision when he goes into the hex? Won’t he transform into “regular” vision? (As everything seems to become a version of itself from an earlier era?)

2 - That Paul Bettany quote. If it were Tom Holland or Mark Ruffalo I”d still be expecting a major mind blowing actor reveal in the final episode based on his “an actor I’ve always wanted to work with” line. But now do we think Bettany was being a bit cheeky and referring to scenes acting with “himself” as both versions of vision? Just a thought. 

More questions/observations.

In the real world, Heyward and Darcy are able to track Westview Vision inside the Hex by the decay rate of Vibranium. That means Wanda actually reconstructed Vision out of Vibranium or transmutated it from other matter. Either way, his body is Vibranium.  So he’s a real Vision held together by the magic of the Hex.

On that, what is the origin of the massive anount of CMBR that Darcy is reading in the Hex? Is it all the Chaos magic that reads as cosmic energy dating back to the Big Bang?

Tommy can hear Vision’s/daddy’s anguish in Ep 6. This Vision has to be at least the conscious of the real Vision.

1 minute ago, fmaz said:

Ok a few thoughts after sleeping on things:

1- what is going to happen to white vision when he goes into the hex? Won’t he transform into “regular” vision? (As everything seems to become a version of itself from an earlier era?)

2 - That Paul Bettany quote. If it were Tom Holland or Mark Ruffalo I”d still be expecting a major mind blowing actor reveal in the final episode based on his “an actor I’ve always wanted to work with” line. But now do we think Bettany was being a bit cheeky and referring to scenes acting with “himself” as both versions of vision? Just a thought. 

Good questions on both. Yeah, Bettany might have been referring to himself, not Al Pacino.

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Wanda's mom looks out the window and sees War, Fires, shooting, bombs, chaos raging in the streets..... and like the good mother she is she decides...

"Hey kids, let's watch Van Dyke"

Anyone else think that was weird?

2 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

Something that struck me rewatching the SWORD scene...why was nobody with Wanda? Not one Avenger went with her to reclaim the body of her loved one? I can't imagine someone being alone during an event like that unless they had literally nobody else, and we know that isn't the case, because of the conversation she had with Clint after Tony's funeral. It really affected me, and does so more and more on each rewatch.

Agree with both of these comments.

Since episode one it makes no sense that no one would try to call in the remaining Avengers to help Wanda once this started.

They are trying to make us understand why a child of the 90s would love old American sitcoms, but I think they did that in a bad way.

They should of had them start Movie night and THEN suddenly the War zone explodes and they have nowhere to safely hide.

The way the scene sits, Wanda's mother is not receiving the Mom of the year award for not getting them out of the building post haste one she first noticed gunfire etc! 

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Good questions on both. Yeah, Bettany might have been referring to himself, not Al Pacino.

That will be pretty lame if true. He also said the last several episodes were going to be mind-blowing. And thus far...I would say they have not.  They have certainly dropped enough clues and misdirection to tease us for some OMG moment but I’m thinking next week won’t deliver. 

Edited by bentbryan

55 minutes ago, Comics4All said:
3 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

Something that struck me rewatching the SWORD scene...why was nobody with Wanda? Not one Avenger went with her to reclaim the body of her loved one? I can't imagine someone being alone during an event like that unless they had literally nobody else, and we know that isn't the case, because of the conversation she had with Clint after Tony's funeral. It really affected me, and does so more and more on each rewatch.

Agree with both of these comments.

Since episode one it makes no sense that no one would try to call in the remaining Avengers to help Wanda once this started.

But who would have accompanied Wanda? Stark is dead, Steve Rogers is 100 years old and a fugitive. Barton and Sam were also fugitives. The only two Avengers who could have accompanied her and had some pull would have been James Rhodes and Carol Danvers. Carol has a habit of being missing from Earth and Rhodes can't walk outside of his armor. I guess Nick Fury might have been able to do something but he's not the director of SWORD and has been missing for 5 years along with Wanda. He may have been the one to tip off Wanda about Vision's body, though. It doesn't bother me that Wanda, a full fledged Avenger, can walk into SWORD and get VIP treatment. I wouldn't be scared for her, either. She almost killed Thanos a couple weeks prior.

This last episode really seems to kill dreams of all other villains speculated. I’m preparing for the hype out hyping the show because many fans took the volume and cranked that sucker to eleven week after week. Still looking forward to the ending but I doubt we will be blown away now.

2 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

This last episode really seems to kill dreams of all other villains speculated. I’m preparing for the hype out hyping the show because many fans took the volume and cranked that sucker to eleven week after week. Still looking forward to the ending but I doubt we will be blown away now.

I agree, but I have to say..... I'm still VERY happy with WV and have really enjoyed it.

The hype machine actually became a secondary entertainment for me to watch.

I can't believe how many times the name MEPHISTO was bandied about.:roflmao:

:gossip: I would encourage Marvel to bring Mephisto in to the MCU at some point soon judging by the fan response to his possible presence.

15 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I agree, but I have to say..... I'm still VERY happy with WV and have really enjoyed it.

The hype machine actually became a secondary entertainment for me to watch.

I can't believe how many times the name MEPHISTO was bandied about.:roflmao:

:gossip: I would encourage Marvel to bring Mephisto in to the MCU at some point soon judging by the fan response to his possible presence.

thatsabingo01.gif.ad5a537c20d868a448215252e5e9c38f.gif

It has been fun though to see with each episode all the 'clues' referenced as DEFINITELY Mephisto reveals the next episode. Definitely!

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

But who would have accompanied Wanda? Stark is dead, Steve Rogers is 100 years old and a fugitive. Barton and Sam were also fugitives. The only two Avengers who could have accompanied her and had some pull would have been James Rhodes and Carol Danvers. Carol has a habit of being missing from Earth and Rhodes can't walk outside of his armor. I guess Nick Fury might have been able to do something but he's not the director of SWORD and has been missing for 5 years along with Wanda. He may have been the one to tip off Wanda about Vision's body, though. It doesn't bother me that Wanda, a full fledged Avenger, can walk into SWORD and get VIP treatment. I wouldn't be scared for her, either. She almost killed Thanos a couple weeks prior.

That's not my point. My point is about emotional support, and none of her friends were there for her, which is why I mentioned Barton specifically (who I don't think is considered a fugitive, considering he served his house arrest). She didn't need help, but she needed support. It just struck me as odd, and sad.