• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

If that closure exists in Multiverse of Madness I'll have wondered...why didn't they release this show in November or December of this year so that it butts up closer to Doctor Strange 2?  Now all I have to go on is unfilled story points for more than a year.  :mad:

I think WandaVision was supposed to release after Falcon Winter Soldier, Black Widow, and Eternals. I believe the original release order last year was Black Widow, Falcon, Eternals, then WandaVision.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

I think WandaVision was supposed to release after Falcon Winter Soldier, Black Widow, and Eternals. I believe the original release order last year was Black Widow, Falcon, Eternals, then WandaVision.

Did you not see the roadmap image posted in here more than once that outlined all this?

MCU_Phase4.thumb.jpg.c980b6241939c881b14d69539b5cd566.jpg

Covid began as a society-halting phenomenon last March, so why not just keep the same order but delayed by exactly one year?  I get them wanting to release Eternals and Shang-Chi later--and I don't get why they wouldn't want to release Black Widow later, too, since I'm not sitting in a theater for two hours with a mask in May--but I don't get releasing Falcon and Winter Soldier after Wandavision, or not moving Doctor Strange up.

Just now, bentbryan said:

IN! 

We'll go all MCU fanatic 'Let's storm Sony's HQ to get Spider-Man movie rights back' on them! They'll realize the power of petitions!

"You will perish in flame - soon as I find the Gatekeeper!"

rick_moranis.gif.97cc375baeeefa8a3fa4500c5299d94a.gif

(:

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

OK...so it sounds like that IS the Darkhold, and they changed its appearance from Agents of SHIELD for some unknown reason.  Sounds like at the very end she hears one of the twins...now we just have to wait 1+ years for Multiverse of Madness to find out why, I guess?  NOW I'm wondering why they didn't wait to release this closer to that film as originally planned...

Where did the new Vision go?

What was Heyward arrested for, what crime?  And is Wanda now a criminal on the run?

How did a random actor living in Westview have Quicksilver's powers?  Agatha gave them to him somehow I guess?

The Vision versus Vision fight was the highlight.  His head beams used to come from the Mind stone, so with that gone I guess they reverted to them being heat beams like in the comics...but with no particular explanation for how that new system got put in.  (shrug)

These questions.  Also...

Who was the person in witness protection that Woo was there for?

And if the magics there were enough to draw Agnes why didn't they draw Dr. Strange?  (Or any of the other Marvel wizards?)

Just now, thunsicker said:

Dang it! That was one I was waiting on and then forgot in the end to even noodle over who it was

:ohnoez:

I really do want to know what that was all about

6 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

I guess we're left to assume it was some random person placed in Westview for some isolated crime...maybe a drug dealer who flipped on their distributor.

So how did Wanda wipe the memories of everyone associated with that witness?

YsbKHg1.gif

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

THIS was fantastic...

Scarlet_Witch.thumb.jpg.3cc24c6fe0d4528c02e588fb97d32c4d.jpg

I generally like it better, but I'm not sure how I feel about the half cape.  For now I'm disappointed they didn't go full cape.  I generally like the way Agatha Harkness looks over Wanda's new costume.

One thing we can't necessarily assume is that just because Agatha referred to the Scarlet Witch being referenced in the Darkhold that the book she had in her basement that Wanda ended up with was the Darkhold.  Agatha could have knowledge of what's in the Darkhold without actually possessing it.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 3/3/2021 at 12:21 PM, fantastic_four said:
On 3/3/2021 at 11:46 AM, sagekilz said:

Very interesting comment...

Hide contents

He continued, “But we’re always telling this story about Wanda dealing with grief and learning how to accept that loss, and hopefully people will find that the finale is surprising but also satisfying and that it feels inevitable because it’s the same story they’ve been watching the whole time.”

Expand  

I've got what may be a radical suggestion.  If you don't want fans to feel disappointed about possible story points you dropped multiple hints for during the course of the show--sometimes more than a dozen or two hints in some cases--I recommend not dropping those hints if you never intended to take them anywhere.  :makepoint:

But hopefully the last episode will be phenomenal that's not how I end up feeling this weekend.  :wishluck:

So...yea.  That's how I feel now...misled.  INTENTIONALLY misled.  A ton of possibilities dangled like a carrot in front of a race horse.  I thought it was a mystery show, but nope, no mystery, just IMPLIED mystery.  :makepoint:  Schaeffer had me thinking I was chasing a complex story, but nope, it was just Wanda...because she can do ANYTHING!

YsbKHg1.gif

Edited by fantastic_four

Honestly, I think Marvel fans were so hungry for fresh content this being the first Phase IV item up it received excessive critic and audience positive reviews, excuses for how it was all going to wrap up wonderfully in the end and even extreme buildup all the new characters that were going to show up.

Not surprised that it ends with, "That's it?!" :(

Edited by Bosco685