• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, media_junkie said:

Overall I like the last episode.  As others have said I enjoyed seeing Wanda get "closure" that she hasn't really had up to now.  I didn't get the 2nd end credit scene though.

Hide contents

Since when has Wanda been able to make 2 of herself?  I mean that is what I saw right?  She got up from the front of the cabin went in to pour tea, then the camera panned and there was another one of her studying the Darkhold.

maybe like an astral projection type of thing 

21 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

So Wanda is nuts.  End credits.  

Hopefully the new Dr. Strange movie doesn't become burdened with Wanda's storyline as it's just not that interesting.  In fact, I don't know where or when they plan to resolve her story but there isn't anywhere to put it.  Season 2 of Wandavision?  

Disagree completely. Both with the dismissiveness towards Wanda ("Wanda is nuts..."), but also towards the story not being interesting. If she is truly this cosmically powerful being, that is very interesting, especially given that she's just learning how to control and use her powers.

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I guess that's what we're left to conclude with what's visible on the surface.  And how is she displaying this incredible level of seemingly-omniscient power never shown before in the MCU and comics?

YsbKHg1.gif

Disagree.

She’s been one of the most powerful heroes in the comics since at least House of M.

And in the MCU, putting aside Agatha’s statement that she’s more powerful than Dr. Strange (which I thought we all already knew), in Endgame she was one of only a few Avengers who nearly single-handedly took out Thanos.

6 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

Given the second end credit scene and dialogue I wouldn’t write that book off.

No, I'd say that scene does clearly set up Multiverse of Madness, but more likely someone like Nightmare than Mephisto, albeit borrowing the Mephisto plot I think.

5 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

As the show went on they kept making a big deal of her going in and out of the hex and that's perhaps what caused her powers...so I've been unsure the whole time which it would end up being.  She isn't the first person to enter and leave the hex...so are they on the road to getting powers, too?  Woo, Darcy, Heyward and his whole team, and EVERYONE in Westview--are they mutates now, Monica is just further along because she went in twice?

I think Monica being part of the blip also altered her DNA somehow, which caused the hex to mutate her.  I'm not sure if anyone else that entered and left the matrix were part of the blip, since it had just happened  a couple weeks prior.

1 minute ago, Cozmo-One said:

I think Monica being part of the blip also altered her DNA somehow, which caused the hex to mutate her.  I'm not sure if anyone else that entered and left the matrix were part of the blip, since it had just happened  a couple weeks prior.

Roughly half of them should have been blipped.  Wanda herself was blipped.

4 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Roughly half of them should have been blipped.  Wanda herself was blipped.

But they probably wouldn't be working for SWORD so quickly and already on a 'mission', I would think Monica was the exception due to her position prior to the snap.  If you are referring to the people in the town, none of them actively went through the hex shield.

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

maybe like an astral projection type of thing 

I thought the Dark Scarlet Witch was Chthon from Avengers #186: part of Wundagore origin of Pietro and Wanda trilogy by Byrne/Green. I did no read the Darkhold book storyline from Avengers Westcoast (?), as it was not drawn by Byrne.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

1 minute ago, Cozmo-One said:

But they probably wouldn't be working for SWORD so quickly and already on a 'mission', I would think Monica was the exception due to her position prior to the snap.  If you are referring to the people in the town, none of them actively went through the hex shield.

That is assuming all the townspeople escaped when she briefly opened a door for them to run through.  Unsure (doubtful?) if all of them would have made it our during that time though