• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

Before I read 11 hours of comments I'm just gonna say I am a little disappointed. Not that what was done was bad. I just wanted more. Dumping Quicksilver like a plate of burnt toast seemed like a waste of an opportunity. And there's no way she can keep Agatha in a mind trap indefinitely. All the Avengers eventually snapped out of it. All she has to do is accidentally wander into her own basement and she probably snaps out of it. And i couldn't find the 9 copies of Avengers 186 I know I own anyway.

Edited by the blob

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

I just wanted more. Dumping Quicksilver like a plate of burnt toast seemed like a waste of an opportunity

Excuse you - 'Ralph Bohner'

(: :facepalm:

There could be more to his story in the future. But only Marvel Studios knows.

8 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

ErckXzs.jpg

It was always a long shot, given China and all, but even if it was, why would it be such a big deal? One appearance in the 9th episode of a show, clearly not related to any of the movies, blah blah. The implication is we may see Agatha again. And white vision is out there, still, unless he flew himself into the sun, so those West Coast Avengers 45s....

I was a little disappointed as there so much hype for a cameo or something like Mandalorian 2 season finale. However, it was definitely a good closing for Wanda herself. 

The main questions that I have is...

Spoiler

what happened to the white Vision? Looks like he has his memories now, so shouldn't he have gone with Wanda as well? 

6 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Whose orders would he have disobeyed?  He's the leader of SWORD, so who, the President?  And how did he misappropriate resources?  He's the head of a weapons organization, and he did a bunch of stuff to appropriate a weapon in Vision, and he also tried to save the people of Westview.  I know they were setting him up as the bad guy, but he seemed borderline immoral, but only controversially so because there's an angle where you can justify their actions in the same way you can do with many leaders.  I can't think of anything the FBI would arrest him for.

War crimes defense lawyer. You were born for it.

Kidnapping and imprisoning an FBI agent who was trying to do his job?

Fabricating evidence and outright lying about Wanda stealing vision?

Putting vision back together was a violation of international treaty --- the Sakovia Accords.

Edited by the blob

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

But...but...but...Kevin Smith cried again at the end of the episode.

Now I truly believe he is paid per crying session. With extra fees per eye. (:

He soooooooo wants Marvel to hire him for something. So bad.

6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

See now, THIS is a gap in the storytelling. 

We will find out when she meets Nick in space in a movie in 6 years ... or maybe Captain Marvel 2. But if she knew she had powers, why was fakePietro able to detain her so easily?

6 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

Sounds like I'm better off skipping the finale. Thanks for the heads-up!

no, the finale is the sort of show you wanted the whole series to be (ok, i can't get into your head, but yeah, its more like a marvel movie)

5 hours ago, bentbryan said:

So question for the marvel tv viewers. I just read in some Twitter comments that Ghostrider was the last one with the Darkhold. Is that accurate? 

yes, he was supposed to have taken it safely away into another dimension to keep it away from humans (and even androids) who were inevitably warped by it

5 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I'm with Kevin Smith on this one. I'll be honest, I thought Mephisto or somebody was going to come in at the last minute of the show and violently rip away Wanda's children to neverland and to be continued in DS2.

The quiet ending we got where Wanda was able to say goodbye to her children and Vision on their terms was the closure Wanda needed. All her life, her loved ones had been violently ripped away from her and she'd never been able to say goodbye. She got that here and was even left with some hope. For me, probably the most soul touching thing in an MCU film/show ever. She got her closure and we/she can move on to bigger badder things in Doctor Strange 2.

dude, you have to watch these end credits ALL THE WAY TO THE END... split personality stuff going on

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Should I be searching for a way Wanda would have suddenly gained the understanding of what magic runes are and how to use them?  They look like characters from a language neither she nor I should recognize, so how did she suddenly know how to draw them at all, much less in the sky using what, clouds?  Dust?

Or should I just leave it alone since it's all just

YsbKHg1.gif

she has a photographic memory and copied them from agatha

13 minutes ago, the blob said:

dude, you have to watch these end credits ALL THE WAY TO THE END... split personality stuff going on

I did see the final end credit scene. It was cool. Again, I don't think Marvel is assigning mental illness to Wanda. That first sweatpants Wanda who's enjoying tea and mountain scenery on the front porch of the awesomest cabin on the planet while Scarlet Witch Wanda is busy perfecting her Hex spells to permanently bring back Tommy and Billy is indicative of how powerful Wanda is. Stephen Strange kind of did the same thing when he fought Thanos but with multiple selves. I liken it, as well, to Dr Manhattan of the Watchmen able to do multiple things with different selves. Doctor Strange 2 just potentially got a lot more interesting.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

24 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Excuse you - 'Ralph Bohner'

(: :facepalm:

There could be more to his story in the future. But only Marvel Studios knows.

Yeah, all we saw was a terrified guy who snapped out of his trance, a 1 minute end credit scene with him hinting that he might be realizing he is in the wrong world and maybe has his powers would have been a huge juicy bone for fanboys to chew on for years and made a lot of people happy

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I did see the final end credit scene. It was cool. Again, I don't think Marvel is assigning mental illness to Wanda. That first sweatpants Wanda who's enjoying tea and mountain scenery on the front porch of the awesomest cabin on the planet while Scarlet Witch Wanda is busy perfecting her Hex spells to bring Tommy and Billy is indicative of how powerful Wanda is. Stephen Strange kind of did the same thing when he fought Thanos but with multiple selves. I liken it, as well, to Dr Manhattan of the Watchmen able to do multiple things with different selves. Doctor Strange 2 just potentially got a lot more interesting.

But she hasn't given up on her kids. Witch wanda, whether doing this unconsciously, in the astral plane, or intentionally outside her body is clearly trying to figure out how to get her kids back. Frankly, getting vision back is less hard. he is out there with all his memories intact. you just need to give him a soul/emotions ... holy krapola, MEPHISTO!

I said it before (after episode 7) but I’m  glad they kept the story as simple as it was - no Mephisto, no Dr. Strange.

Just Wanda going on a psychotic break as a way to cope with her intense grief.

it was a good story, well-told.

And it firmly establishes Wanda as one of the most powerful beings in the MCU, and gave us Photon and white Vision.

27 minutes ago, the blob said:

War crimes defense lawyer. You were born for it.

Kidnapping and imprisoning an FBI agent who was trying to do his job?

Fabricating evidence and outright lying about Wanda stealing vision?

Putting vision back together was a violation of international treaty --- the Sakovia Accords.

I wanted to understand Heywards motivation for being so determined to destroy Wanda etc. What was the point for him violating so many things, in the name of what?

He also tried to kill two kids