• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

I won this thread. 

Yeah but the two Visions did not phase together. So right there half your points are gone faster than white Vision blasting off to the unknown.  

:insane:

1 hour ago, bentbryan said:

Yeah but the two Visions did not phase together. So right there half your points are gone faster than white Vision blasting off to the unknown.  

:insane:

They did phase through each other while fighting, but yeah never phased together to become one Vision like some Dark Crystal story ripoff.

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

If Mephisto is the big bad in Dr Strange 2 and turns out to be the source of Chaos magic  then I say we who never gave up on Mephisto to the end get the proper credit.

I wanted to hit you with a quote for Defending Your Life but it is too obscure and I cannot find it...but you get to have it both ways, sure! :headbang:

or we can go with this

We just finished the season and it definitely got much better at the end.  Great Segway into the next chapter of the marvel universe.

29 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It was an interesting engagement between the two Visions.

So each Vision acknowledges they are a representation of Vision. I thought it was a fitting result.

A brilliant scene. 

Just brilliant. 

When watching it last night, I thought the whole purpose of the Ship of Theseus dialogue was to convince White Vision that his new programming required him to self-destruct, as he was essentially the Vision that needed to be destroyed.  I imagined him flying into the sun (pretty sure there was some Bronze Age Superman story where a malfunctioning Superman robot did just that).

But Marvel can easily repurpose this for a future film by saying that since the Ship of Theseus is a paradox with no true solution, White Vision got stuck in an infinite processing loop, and is out there just waiting for Wanda to show up again with the essence of the Westview Vision she is still carrying.  This show has made me a big fan of Olsen and Bettany (both singly and together), and so I hope they eventually pull the trigger on that interpretation. :wishluck:

11 minutes ago, Zonker said:

is out there just waiting for Wanda to show up again with the essence of the Westview Vision she is still carrying.  

My modified prediction is that this is how they'll complete their phasing-together. She'll upload her Vision into the newly-enlightened WV, forming one, all-new Vision, 1/3 fewer calories.  

Typing up notes as I watch the finale...

• 'Hero' fights 'villain' with the exact same power set? Check. Double-check.
  • Villain exposition instead of hero discovery? Check. Double-check.
  • Beam in the sky? Check.
  • How/why is Hayward a villain? He's the Director of SWORD, right? Isn't this entire situation under his purview? Wanda's actions deserve consequences.
  • CGI battle was hideous.
  • Not really sure WTF is happening.
  • Exposition during fight is cringe.
  • Everyone just stands there watching lol.
  • Scarlet Witch costume is cool.
  • Where is Albino Vision?
  • If "The Hex" is gone, isn't Agatha free?

The acting/dialogue was really bad in this episode.

31 minutes ago, Zonker said:

When watching it last night, I thought the whole purpose of the Ship of Theseus dialogue was to convince White Vision that his new programming required him to self-destruct, as he was essentially the Vision that needed to be destroyed.  I imagined him flying into the sun (pretty sure there was some Bronze Age Superman story where a malfunctioning Superman robot did just that).

But Marvel can easily repurpose this for a future film by saying that since the Ship of Theseus is a paradox with no true solution, White Vision got stuck in an infinite processing loop, and is out there just waiting for Wanda to show up again with the essence of the Westview Vision she is still carrying.  This show has made me a big fan of Olsen and Bettany (both singly and together), and so I hope they eventually pull the trigger on that interpretation. :wishluck:

Not sure where you got that idea of that dialogue implying destruction, as it was about the opposite. The story was to illustrate that at that moment they equally hold claim to being Vision, one is neither no more or less Vision than the other - until white Visions memories are unlocked (in which case he is now a fuller, more complete Vision as he contains both original parts and memory - unlike the other). His newfound life and realization of identity in no way gave me the impression that meant suicide time for him! :D