• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I hope this isn't true. But wouldn't be shocked in the least if it is.

People suck.  I agree with the statement above.... people grieve differently.  No one should feel pressured to make a social media statement after the death of someone dear to you.

Likewise people use social media differently.   For some, using social media is as natural as breathing.  For others (like me), social media feels more like a nuisance, and a step in the wrong direction of normal social interaction.

I wish Elizabeth the best as she deals with her emotions right now.  

Shame on any trolls out there who are attacking her.

Agreed.  We live in such a hyper-sensitive, 'if you don't do what I think you should do I will attack you' climate right now -- and a large part of the reason we do is social media accounts.  If I was shocked and saddened by Chadwick Bozeman's death, imagine what it's like to have worked with him so closely?  Brutal.

Prayers and love to everyone in the MCU and all those who cared about Bozeman.

Dan

28 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

It's definitely Harkness; not clear who the bad guys are--I think at minimum Wanda's tenuous hold on reality is a "bad guy" in part.

That's exactly what I was thinking. If there is a villain, at a minimum it is going to be Wanda's grasp of reality. :eek:

I'm assuming S.W.O.R.D., a more stellar verssion of SHIELD) will have a role in the series as Monica Rambeau is featured as an Agent of the organization. Agent Jimmy Woo from AntMan and Wasp also has a role.  So what role will that be? I'm wondering if the "mission" of our heroes in WandaVision is an attempt to save Vision. And I also wonder if the previously destroyed Mind Stone, which gave both Natasha and Vision their powers, will somehow make an appearance? What if, just as Adam Warlock was trapped inside the Soul Stone for a while, perhaps our heroes have been able to place Vision's sub-conscious (saved in Infinity War by Shuri?) into a replica Mind Stone and Natasha, with the help of Nick Fury's organization, is trying to free him?

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Vision actor Paul Bettany says WandaVision only gets more bonkers. Marvel Studios released the first official trailer for WandaVision Sunday night during the 2020 Emmys. The series is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4, which already has a lineup of shows coming to Disney+. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was initially meant to be the first MCU series to hit Disney+, but the coronavirus pandemic halted production, causing the show's release to be delayed. Now WandaVision is taking its place as the first Marvel show to debut on the streamer, much to fans' excitement, as the series was originally given a spring 2021 premiere.

WandaVision will center around Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision post-Avengers: Endgame. Marvel fans got a glimpse into the series during the Super Bowl, but not much was revealed. Undoubtedly the strangest MCU story yet, the simple plot of WandaVision follows the two characters living a blissful suburban life together. However, things take a weird turn when the couple begins to realize everything is not as it seems. They even appear to navigate multiple realities. Despite the new trailer, much of the show remains a mystery. Many are still wondering how Vision can be alive after the events of Avengers: Infinity War. If fans thought the show couldn't look more bizarre, Bettany is now promising even more craziness to come.

This week, director and actor Kevin Smith tweeted his enthusiasm for the new WandaVision trailer, calling it "the creepy road to the Multiverse of Madness." Bettany then responded to Smith's tweet with a promise about the show beyond the trailer:

For context, Smith is referencing the upcoming Doctor Strange sequel, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which WandaVision has previously been revealed to tie into. While it's still unclear how exactly the show will link to Doctor Strange's story, Olsen will appear in both projects. Marvel fans already know Wanda and Vision's comic book storylines take some dark turns, which could be the inspiration for the series.

I'd be really into this if the rumors are true - that it's a "House of M"-style Wanda on a psychotic break, and then Dr. Strange has to go do mop up/clean up and fix it in Multiverse of Madness.

Given what Marvel did with Jessica Jones Season One, there's precedent for taking this one *really* dark.

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

I'd be really into this if the rumors are true - that it's a "House of M"-style Wanda on a psychotic break, and then Dr. Strange has to go do mop up/clean up and fix it in Multiverse of Madness.

Given what Marvel did with Jessica Jones Season One, there's precedent for taking this one *really* dark.

Being that WandaVision was written by a woman, who will also write Captain Marvel 2, I might be a little disappointed if the series' story falls back on the somewhat stereotype "woman goes insane to be saved by a calm male presence" story. It's been done over and over again. It'd be cool if there's an actual "heroic" purpose to the apparent craziness rather than it being because Wanda's estrogen levels are off the charts.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Being that WandaVision was written by a woman, who will also write Captain Marvel 2, I might be a little disappointed if the series' story falls back on the somewhat stereotype "woman goes insane to be saved by a calm male presence" story. It's been done over and over again. It'd be cool if there's an actual "heroic" purpose to the apparent craziness rather than it being because Wanda's estrogen levels are off the charts.

?
The show runner / primary writer on Jessica Jones was also a woman, although the original books were written by Bendis (who also wrote House of M).

And Magneto was the ultimate villain in House of M, although rumor is they may switch it to Mephisto for the show.