• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

I agree, but I have to say..... I'm still VERY happy with WV and have really enjoyed it.

The hype machine actually became a secondary entertainment for me to watch.

I can't believe how many times the name MEPHISTO was bandied about.:roflmao:

:gossip: I would encourage Marvel to bring Mephisto in to the MCU at some point soon judging by the fan response to his possible presence.

Agree it has been great but I think I got caught up in thinking a huge reveal was coming but I don’t know that will happen. I feel we get Wanda and Agatha battling and White Vision comes in to add a wrinkle (although what Hayward wants now seems unclear). Wanda perhaps unleashes more power that causes a rift in the multiverse or something to that effect, thus requiring Dr Strange to fix or help in his film.

And maybe just maybe it will cause less rampant speculation next MCU show because this one was ludicrous. I will be very happy if SS3 comes down to earth a bit as it’s a book I waited far too long to acquire and right now I refuse to buy at these prices!

8 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

That's not my point. My point is about emotional support, and none of her friends were there for her, which is why I mentioned Barton specifically (who I don't think is considered a fugitive, considering he served his house arrest). She didn't need help, but she needed support. It just struck me as odd, and sad.

I think that's part of the tragedy of Wanda's life. She lost everyone. She doesn't even have any friends. She connected with Clint Barton in Age of Ultron, but he's with his family. She really has nobody and this visual solitude was a storytelling tool to show how alone she is leading to her breakdown in the vacant lot, a metaphor for her life. If we'd seen Wanda getting emotional support from a few girlfriends or something (which I don't think she had any anyway), then her sorrow would have been less evident. It was important to the story to show her alone. It was also probably right for her character as I think Vision was not only her true love but also her only real friend.

the absence of Avengers or other superpowered beings is a plot hole IMO. Enough of an area and enough people seem to be aware of it that someone would have leaked to someone we know. But they need it this way for the show I guess, although I would have preferred a brief line from Agatha last episode like "and coming naturally from you as it did, I assume the hex keeps your friends from finding out about it all as well"

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think that's part of the tragedy of Wanda's life. She lost everyone. She doesn't even have any friends. She connected with Clint Barton in Age of Ultron, but he's with his family. She really has nobody and this visual solitude was a storytelling tool to show how alone she is leading to her breakdown in the vacant lot, a metaphor for her life. If we'd seen Wanda getting emotional support from a few girlfriends or something (which I don't think she had any anyway), then her sorrow would have been less evident. It was important to the story to show her alone. It was also probably right for her character as I think Vision was not only her true love but also her only real friend.

I totally agree. It made perfect sense from a storytelling perspective, and I found that fact devastating, because it was both odd and logical.

4 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:
4 hours ago, fmaz said:

Ok a few thoughts after sleeping on things:

1- what is going to happen to white vision when he goes into the hex? Won’t he transform into “regular” vision? (As everything seems to become a version of itself from an earlier era?)

2 - That Paul Bettany quote. If it were Tom Holland or Mark Ruffalo I”d still be expecting a major mind blowing actor reveal in the final episode based on his “an actor I’ve always wanted to work with” line. But now do we think Bettany was being a bit cheeky and referring to scenes acting with “himself” as both versions of vision? Just a thought. 

Good questions on both. Yeah, Bettany might have been referring to himself, not Al Pacino.

If he was referring to himself I'm never trusting that dude ever again.  :sumo:

2 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

This last episode really seems to kill dreams of all other villains speculated.

It didn't do that at all.  The Wandavision broadcast is still produced by an unknown person for an unknown reason.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

the absence of Avengers or other superpowered beings is a plot hole IMO. Enough of an area and enough people seem to be aware of it that someone would have leaked to someone we know.

I haven't noticed any civilians affected who could report that, nor any press involved.  So I don't know how word would have necessarily spread.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

the absence of Avengers or other superpowered beings is a plot hole IMO. Enough of an area and enough people seem to be aware of it that someone would have leaked to someone we know. But they need it this way for the show I guess, although I would have preferred a brief line from Agatha last episode like "and coming naturally from you as it did, I assume the hex keeps your friends from finding out about it all as well"

I don't think there are many super-heroes left who could deal with something like the Maximoff anomoly except Dr Strange and Captain Marvel. All the other big hitters are either dead, too old, or off Earth. I assume Captain Marvel is off Earth, which leaves Dr Strange who I guess will show up next week, but this show is unpredictable. I also imagine if the planet's top global threat agency is on the case but also have things to hide under a corrupt director, then they're probably also doing a good job of covering things up, especially as far as government sanctioned heroes like James Rhodes and whoever's left are concerned. I'm sure Dr Strange is monitoring the situation until he thinks enough is enough which should be any minute now.

4 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

This last episode really seems to kill dreams of all other villains speculated. I’m preparing for the hype out hyping the show because many fans took the volume and cranked that sucker to eleven week after week. Still looking forward to the ending but I doubt we will be blown away now.

On the other hand, who's to say a big villain reveal would blow anybody away anyhow? In the history of the MCU so far, there've only been a handful of villains that really turned out great, I'd say Loki, Thanos, and Killmonger. I've actually been less than impressed with other big MCU villains like Dormammu and James Spader's Ultron. Endgame and Infinity War had a lot of those "blow us away' moments, and they mostly involved just the heroes, such as the death of Gamora and Stark, or Cap wielding Mjolnir, or Dr Strange unleashed. And there have been some pretty cool moments so far in WV, like end of Ep 4, the reveal of Fox Pietro, the Scarlet Witch revelation. For me, I've been impressed with the show's storytelling so far and I don't think we necessarily need to be blown away for it to be powerful. That said, Al Pacino showing up in Ep 9 as Mephisto and it working would now blow me away.

3 hours ago, Bird said:

the absence of Avengers or other superpowered beings is a plot hole IMO. Enough of an area and enough people seem to be aware of it that someone would have leaked to someone we know.

I think this is just the way it is with superhero shows, movies and comics...

It could become a slippery slope if other characters were brought in to help with an issue the titular character is dealing with...if Marvel brought in superpowered beings to deal with the Hex, why shouldn’t they bring in more powerful characters to help out weaker characters in subsequent shows and movies?

As a kid I used to wonder why the Avengers or FF would not step in to help Spider-Man when he was overwhelmed with an issue in his comic, but realized it would make for a boring story... :smile:

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

If he was referring to himself I'm never trusting that dude ever again.  :sumo:

I’m not saying he was, but it has to be at least a distinct possibility at this point, doesn’t it? The only other easy thing I can think of at this point is PERHAPS we’re going to get a connection with Loki... and Tom Hiddleston is the actor he’s talking about.  Because he’s never, as far I can think, shared any screen time with him in an MCU film so it wouldn’t be surprising for him to have “always wanted to” act with him.  I’m pretty sure he at least worked with Benedict Cumberbatch in Creation, so that eliminates him.

I’m spending way too much time thinking about this quote.  But it’s actually kind of fun.  Plus, I very much want to avoid any actual spoilers if there is an honest-to-God mind-blowing reveal in the last episode.  So better to just come up with theories on our own and avoid most parts of the internet!  LOL 

13 hours ago, TupennyConan said:

I'm happy to have just caught-up on this great thread.  

It was a really fun episode. I'll rewatch again later today.

I think I'll rewatch Dr Strange & Age of Ultron, too. I only saw them once each in the theaters because they felt so flat. Maybe a second viewing will prove them improved.  

Agatha continues to be my sweetheart of the year.  <3

I’ve been rewatching the movies from age of ultron to endgame 

Ultron has not aged well especially when you see the work of how well the Russo bros did with the entire cast 

I can appreciate dr strange more and it’s very entertaining 

5 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I’ve been rewatching the movies from age of ultron to endgame 

Ultron has not aged well especially when you see the work of how well the Russo bros did with the entire cast 

I can appreciate dr strange more and it’s very entertaining 

Dr. Strange is really really good. Story, character-development, acting, FX, it's really good. Easy top 3 of the MCU for me with #1 depending on the day LOL!

40 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Dr. Strange is really really good. Story, character-development, acting, FX, it's really good. Easy top 3 of the MCU for me with #1 depending on the day LOL!

Dr Strange is my favorite MCU movie....well my favorite super hero movie.  Very much looking forward to the sequel and how WandaVision will feed into it...

Edited by Cozmo-One

3 hours ago, Comicopolis said:
5 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

It didn't do that at all.  The Wandavision broadcast is still produced by an unknown person for an unknown reason.

Unless she's doing it subconsciously based upon her childhood.

If chaos magic gives you the ability to instantly create stop-motion claymation commercials I'm giving up on any credibility for Wanda's power to have limits.  

38 minutes ago, Cozmo-One said:

Dr Strange is my favorite MCU movie....well my favorite super hero movie.  Very much looking forward to the sequel and how WandaVision will feed into it...

When I first saw it I didn’t give it a chance 

i really appreciate it now. Especially the Mordo character 

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

When I first saw it I didn’t give it a chance 

i really appreciate it now. Especially the Mordo character 

Yeah, I didn't see it until a couple years after it came out, so I missed it in the theaters.  Won't make that mistake on the next one (assuming theaters are still around by then)

You know I have been reading about Wanda and Vision since I was a teenager. So many stories and really
I never cared for them like I did Kitty and Peter :cloud9:.

Even thru West Coast Avengers and Byrne run I never really cared about them I enjoyed Hawkeye and
Mockingbird more. 

This episode changed that. It makes you go back and remember all the issues and times you read about them. 

Kathryn Hahn is fantastic as Agatha. The last two episodes she has completely owned.

I hated the first few episodes, but it was worth the torture to get to this episode it was fantastic. What a great
great brief review of their history with added depth.  Even when I think Marvel made a crappy show they pull it together in the end. 

Edited by fastballspecial