• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

If chaos magic gives you the ability to instantly create stop-motion claymation commercials I'm giving up on any credibility for Wanda's power to have limits.  

Where have you been - chaos magic gives everyone the ability to do anything.

It's quite chaotic.

Wait...I've never heard of Marvel spellcasters who could permanently remove the magical abilities of another caster, so I don't know that they can "purge" Agatha of using magic from the dark dimension.  So I'm guessing they were trying to kill her.  Even when she told her mother she could be good she didn't attack first, only after her mother attacked.  So unless someone knows if magical ability can be removed I'm assuming that scene was self-defense.

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

• Ancient One and Agatha Harkness were potentially peers at one point
  • Hayward was actually surprised that Vision existed in the Hex - so he wanted to know how Wanda brought that one back to figure out his White Vision's power
  • Yo Gabba Gabba video was missing one character - the yellow robot

yogabbagabba.PNG.6831b83f1d68a568ec0abbd903ab1ad3.PNG

48 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

What she said at the end of the episode was "you don't know how dangerous you are," and if her motivation were simply to obtain her power I don't see how that's relevant to a motive of power acquisition.

she sees wanda as dangerous because wanda does not have to cast spells to perform magic, she just gets what she wants sometimes. Wanda is a witch who doesn't know the rules (eg, the runes trapping her) so she is dangerous. Agatha displays awe and jealousy at her power in the basement but when she realizes what wanda can do and has done she sees her as trouble.

agatha on the stake being burned definitely displayed two different persona, the actress goes crazy eye a bit when using the power but softens at times as agatha (who could be lying when she says that she is good. Just because she was Franklin's nanny don't make her a sweet granny, she was a witch in the witchy sense, not in the mutant nickname sense).

32 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

The Scarlet Witch is a separate personality to Wanda.

This sounds profound, but I'm not sure what made this occur to you or what it may mean.  Are you saying we've been seeing two different personalities throughout the show with two different personalities and possibly two separate memories?  Wanda has the Sokovian accent, Scarlet Witch the American accent, perhaps?

18 minutes ago, Bird said:

she sees wanda as dangerous because wanda does not have to cast spells to perform magic, she just gets what she wants sometimes.

Wanda cannot use her powers without moving her hands around and building up with a few seconds of red hex magic so I don't know what you mean here.  That's how Thunderbolt Ross kept her penned up in the Raft--they kept a straight-jacket on her restricting her hands behind her back so she couldn't use her powers.  This is one of the reasons I've been suggesting from episode 1 that Wanda couldn't be doing everything alone.  Vision's boss started choking on a piece of food at the exact moment he was questioning their erratic behavior.  In the moment I thought Wanda did that, but later I remembered she can't do things without moving her hands.  Same with the dishes flying around the kitched--EVERY time they've shown her using telekinesis in the MCU she has to actively use her hands the entire time she's moving objects.

I still don't get all of that stuff.  Why would Agatha try to prevent Vision's boss from breaking the show?  Or Vision from breaking the show by sending Pietro in at the exact moment he starts imploring that Wanda release her control of Westview?  All of that could be Agatha, but if it is, and she is producing and broadcasting Wandavision--why would she do that?  Silvermane's idea was it's being broadcast back to Mephisto (or Chthon, or Nightmare, or whoever) in his own dimension, and that's possible.  If that's the case all you need is a post-credits shot of Pacino, or Ralph Fiennes, or whoever is playing the mystical bad sitting in his chair watching Wandavision and laughing an evil laugh.

Edited by fantastic_four

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I could see Wanda the Scarlet Witch absorbing the dark magic energy of Agatha the Purple Witch (like Agatha did to her coven) thus becoming a Rainbow Magic Witch and all powerful in Episode 9

MyLittlePony.jpg?fit=1200,823&ssl=1

Regarding Paul Bettany's cryptic character reveal towards the end of WandaVision,he said,

“Of all of the characters that we were trying to keep secret, a lot of them got out through leaks, there is one character that has not been revealed. It’s an actor that I’ve longed to work with all of my life. We have some amazing scenes together and the chemistry between us is, I think, extraordinary. It’s just fireworks on set. So, I’m really excited for people to see that stuff.”

After Ep 8, many of us are thinking he's referring to himself. But how can he work with himself on set? That's not possible. If we see two Visions together in Ep 9, it's done in post-production. I think the door is still open that there is actually a new character coming this Friday played by an actor other than Bettany himself who he's longed to work with.

And when is the Multiverse going to come in to play in WandaVision? The Hexagon I believe is established as a space travel doorway or something in past MCU films. Agatha must also get her dark magic from the Dark Dimension of Dormammu or something. If Dr Strange 2 is about the Multiverse of Madness, its tie-in WandaVision needs to introduce the Multiverse here soon or what's the connection other than magic? Perhaps in the big fight coming with whoever in Ep 9, the Nexus of All Realities is ripped open or something?

And as far as the MCU goes, where does Wanda get all that Chaos Magic from? It's got to come from somewhere just like Agatha gets her Dark Magic from the Dark Dimension. Is it possible that Wanda gets her magic from the realm of an entity that will reveal itself in Episode 9?

Edited by @therealsilvermane

45 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Wanda cannot use her powers without moving her hands around and building up with a few seconds of red hex magic so I don't know what you mean here. 

she created vision without her hands, the hex and everything there just emanated from her

no spells

earlier in the basement Agatha was asking how did wanda do all this without the knowledge and the spells, at one point I think she said 6 different spells were necessary for the illusion but Wabda didn't know them, or something to that effect

When Agatha [not Agnes] turns and winks at the camera, for whom is she performing? Who is the intended audience of her theme song? What the heck is going on in this damn show? Is it too meta-clever for its own good?

26 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

When Agatha [not Agnes] turns and winks at the camera, for whom is she performing? Who is the intended audience of her theme song? What the heck is going on in this damn show? Is it too meta-clever for its own good?

Anges was aware of the sitcom tropes pretty early on, if not always. She asked to take it from the top on that one scene, etc. The sitcom tropes in more modern The Office and Modern Family era, where the people talk directly to the camera, are no more than that...having camers visible in the later episodes is part of the trope...not part of the broadcast being sent by ? to ?. And of all the "villains", I do not think anyone but MoJo uses broadcast television. I mean, perhaps Arcade, but certainly not dimensional deities who obviously were able to watch other dimensions well before tv/1950.