Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
7 7

3,092 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

In a way, this may not have been the best show to start with, because a lot of people are going to be expecting to have a lot to chew on with future MCU shows.

The original pre-Covid schedule is below.  We were supposed to have seen four MCU works we haven't yet before this one.

1163272717.jpg.5.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

The original pre-Covid schedule is below.  We were supposed to have seen four MCU works we haven't yet before this one.

1163272717.jpg.5.jpg

Interesting that this was supposed to be just before Loki. I thought that Dottie might be the Enchantress (although the color of her energy is green).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder why they reversed the order of Falcon/Winter Soldier and this show?  Seems like they could have easily aired them in the original intended order but held the theater films off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

If that's it she needs to fire her magical commercial director...he or she got WAAAAY too twistedly personal in those ads.  :eek:

Again I find myself thinking no real clues with one episode left (clearly too many dangling plot lines to address them all), maybe it was just an idea in the writer's room "hey sitcoms have commercials, let's do one per episode! The fans will love them and we can have a ton of fun with some winks and nods to the larger MCU" but we all see the winks and nods as significant. Aren't easter eggs just treats? They are not the whole meal, just fun toppings for those that understand.

 

But yeah, I don't know what the heck is going on? But I think there is much LESS going on than most of us posting here think. Dottie, is she coming back or is she yellow? Is Herb High? Did Pietro beat feet outta there? (I should stop there. Maybe I shoulda stopped one earlier.)

I got Photon, who I was hoping for in Captain Marvel. So I am glad that happened at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I wonder why they reversed the order of Falcon/Winter Soldier and this show?  Seems like they could have easily aired them in the original intended order but held the theater films off.

Maybe covid affected the production of Falcon & the Winter Soldier more?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Maybe covid affected the production of Falcon & the Winter Soldier more?

it will be 3 months or so between 1st wandavision episode and 1st F/WS, so likely that and/or wanda was done first and they do not matter at all what order they go in? there seems to be a fairly limited cast on this one, so perhaps that helped film more quickly

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bird said:

it will be 3 months or so between 1st wandavision episode and 1st F/WS, so likely that and/or wanda was done first and they do not matter at all what order they go in? there seems to be a fairly limited cast on this one, so perhaps that helped film more quickly

I'm guessing that there will be little to no connection between these two shows

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'm guessing that there will be little to no connection between these two shows

I think you are wrong. I think Winter Soldier is secretly the one broadcasting/recording wandavision and I saw a promo where they are at therapy, falcon & WS, so that may be the Sopranos episode.

:ohnoez:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bird said:

I think you are wrong. I think Winter Soldier is secretly the one broadcasting/recording wandavision and I saw a promo where they are at therapy, falcon & WS, so that may be the Sopranos episode.

:ohnoez:

 

LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have any answers here, but it seems like the 'show' she created draws on her subconscious rather than her conscious self ("I don't even know how all this started") and now has a life of its own to some extent.  She created a sitcom world, and the sitcom required commercials, so it drew on Wanda's subconscious energies for inspiration.  (That, and it's fun for us viewers.)

Also, I'm not sure if this has come up, but in the Hydra flashback we see the mind-stone altering the screen viewing of the events that happen -- they skip from her pre-infinity stone encounter to post-encounter.  When Wanda changes the reality within her made-up world, the screens skip scenes in a similar way.  I have no idea what this means, but there's perhaps some consistency there concerning the mind-stone's powers within the show.

In the end, however, I imagine a lot of the smaller easter eggs are the showrunners having some fun.  As others noted, I can't imagine they thought there would be THIS level of analysis and speculation.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

It's as simple as this. She's grieving and in pain and is looking for a safe place. Just like when she was a child.

It appears to me that the show isn't as complex as all the easter eggs have led us to believe.

We are trying to connect dots that don't need connecting.

Agatha is the villian

Wanda is out of control

No Pacino

No Mephisto

 

I think you are right but hope you are wrong. I just saw something on YouTube  said Episode 9 will only be 50 minutes unlike every thing else I can across that said it was going to be 2 hours or so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking for awhile that the big bad was going to be The Red Skull when everyone was saying Mephisto, but I'm pretty sure it's Loki now, he's The God of Mischief, he shapes shifts and it will tie into his series, hope I'm wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

The original pre-Covid schedule is below.  We were supposed to have seen four MCU works we haven't yet before this one.

1163272717.jpg.5.jpg

:whatthe:

I had totally forgotten about this. Wow!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest problem I see with the new schedule is Multiverse of Madness was supposed to release immediately after Wandavision, but now it's scheduled for March 2022 which is over a year from now.  If Wandavision is somewhat of a tease for that movie why did they move them so far apart?  Putting out Falcon and Winter Soldier and/or Loki before Wandavision makes more sense, but then again I don't know what additional links those two have to other works, so I dunno.

Maybe there was supposed to be a tease for Multiverse of Madness they will move from the end of Wandavision to one of the other works...  (shrug)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

The biggest problem I see with the new schedule is Multiverse of Madness was supposed to release immediately after Wandavision, but now it's scheduled for March 2022 which is over a year from now.  If Wandavision is somewhat of a tease for that movie why did they move them so far apart?  Putting out Falcon and Winter Soldier and/or Loki before Wandavision makes more sense, but then again I don't know what additional links those two have to other works, so I dunno.

Maybe there was supposed to be a tease for Multiverse of Madness they will move from the end of Wandavision to one of the other works...  (shrug)

I bet this is what they will have to do for Phase IV is adjust the linkage plan to account for the pandemic impact.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

This show is so disappointing. You have great actors, and you can't write this into a successful story...?

The retcons are awful.

The "Previously On..." episode was more interesting and advanced the story more than all the previous episodes combined. Seven episodes of gimmicks and easter eggs. It really really better wrap up spectacularly with real depth.

Edited by jcjames
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
7 7