• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

As for the character [as in virtue or lack thereof] of Agatha, is it good or evil [big bad] to collar & leash two children by the throat & taunt their mother with their safety?  

as well as force someone to re-experience multiple traumatic events in their life just because you want something, or maybe even just because you want to learn something, and have no care for the other person or how it impacts them

2 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

The way it's treated grief, and the response to grief, has been incredible, and Olsen's performance has been beyond amazing. No matter what happens, I'm looking back fondly on this show.

I mean, that's the whole point of both WandaVision on Disney+ and the WandaVision broadcast within the show. I thought the poignant moment of Episode 8 was when Wanda is looking down on Vision's body parts from Heyward's office and says "He's all I have left." To which Heyward responds, "He was never yours." The emptiness in her heart must have gone to negative at that point. So I saw her re-creation of Westview as a feel good sitcom as like, "if life isn't going to let me have any happiness or let those I love live, then I'll just have to create my own life. Now."

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 2/28/2021 at 6:39 PM, fantastic_four said:

The original pre-Covid schedule is below.  We were supposed to have seen four MCU works we haven't yet before this one.

1163272717.jpg.5.jpg

Thank you for this graphic. 

9 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

There's going to be a lot of disappointed people after the last episode.

I feel the same but at the same time I think there are plenty of hints placed that will give viability to many speculations based on the material that has so far been drawn upon.

Perhaps Chthon ties in down the road.

Perhaps Mephisto ties in down the road. 

Perhaps Franklin Richa... ok, I'll stop.

20210302_004718.jpg

9 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

I'll be bummed if some of my theories don't work out, but I'm still happy with this show. The way it's treated grief, and the response to grief, has been incredible, and Olsen's performance has been beyond amazing. No matter what happens, I'm looking back fondly on this show.

Olsen's performance has been phenomenal in my opinion... she is The Scarlet Witch. 🤔

Agatha01.thumb.jpg.bdfd6db8b20039e7ca62f5d00af9d788.jpg

We're just a few of days away from the season finale of WandaVision, and we now have a new image from the episode. Once again, this comes our way courtesy of a t-shirt, and showcases Kathryn Hahn's Agatha Harkness seemingly using some of Wanda Maximoff's Chaos Magic. 

If that's the case, then we can safely assume Agatha's plan all along has been to steal Wanda's power. 

Unfortunately, that probably means she's not serving a higher purpose, and while we might get a Mephisto or Nightmare Easter Egg, it feels like wishful thinking to expect an appearance from either of those villains.

Edited by Bosco685

18 hours ago, the blob said:
On 2/28/2021 at 9:05 AM, fantastic_four said:

Even that I can't definitively blame her for...maybe yes, maybe no.  She told them not to do what they're doing because she couldn't control the dark magic, and then they died.  Did she do it on purpose, or did the dark magic do it without her control?  I THINK she did it on purpose, but I wasn't totally sure.  Also, what exactly were they trying to do?  Purge her, or kill her?  If they were trying to kill her then I suppose I can't blame her for fighting back.  After the rest of the coven died she told her "mother" please, don't do this, I can be good...her "mom" said "no, you cannot," so Agatha gave her a chance, and her "mom" declined to take it.

If they were trying to purge her of dark magic then Agatha is evil.  If they were trying to kill her she's not necessarily evil and it was self-defense.

Have you ever thought of a career as a war crimes defense lawyer? 

So you support the death penalty for usage of magic from the Dark Dimension, then?  :whatthe:

17 hours ago, manetteska said:
18 hours ago, the blob said:
20 hours ago, manetteska said:

Hmmm, if they are saying Wanda is a mutant b/c she had powers all along, aren't all of those other witches -- including Agatha -- mutants, too, then?

sure, you're born with the witch gene. whereas it seems dr. strange's magic can be learned.

What I was then getting to was I thought -- in this version of the "universe" -- being a mutant was extremely rare or unheard of.

As opposed to prior to 1963 in the comics universe.

No matter what century you introduce mutants--20th, 19th, or 3000 BC--if you're going to link mutants to evolution there needs to be an explanation for the incredible change in DNA.  Kirby's was the Celestials, and it works just as well for the MCU as it does for the comics.

15 hours ago, Drummy said:

In not much screen time at all, the Vision has become one of my favorite MCU characters, and I'm buying the relationship he and Wanda have built together.

I still need a bit more detail than I've seen in the MCU to get a decent feel for how I'll be forming my first relationship with an android.  The comics had a bit more background on filling this chasm...but not enough.

14 hours ago, Bird said:
14 hours ago, TupennyConan said:

As for the character [as in virtue or lack thereof] of Agatha, is it good or evil [big bad] to collar & leash two children by the throat & taunt their mother with their safety?  

as well as force someone to re-experience multiple traumatic events in their life just because you want something, or maybe even just because you want to learn something, and have no care for the other person or how it impacts them

hith-10-things-sigmund-freud-501585595-2.thumb.jpg.0d0647e0b08bb6d2d5a58fd3039b0480.jpg