• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

So you support the death penalty for usage of magic from the Dark Dimension, then?  :whatthe:

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Don't do it.

She wanted to get caught so she could get them all together and suck the life out of them.

Question -- is the actress who appears in all the 'WandaVision' commercials the same actress who plays her mother in Sokovia?  I don't think so, but there's some resemblance..

And...back to your regularly scheduled program!

36 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Question -- is the actress who appears in all the 'WandaVision' commercials the same actress who plays her mother in Sokovia?  I don't think so, but there's some resemblance..

And...back to your regularly scheduled program!

It got lost in all the great discussion in this thread, but early on someone noted they are two different actresses. Originally it was assumed they were Wanda's parents.

Wanda's Mom: Ilana Kohanchi

wandasmom.PNG.14facecb01c95e7dddc5ee5cfa9afad6.PNG

Commercial Woman: Victoria Blade

CW.PNG.3296858337e5b31f7e6b6c0f0285c116.PNG

8 hours ago, TupennyConan said:

There's too much story left to tell. It seems it will all go on to Dr Strange 2 & WV is mere prelude.  

Yep. Seven episodes of too much winks and nods, not enough story.

YMMV.

So after 128 pages, it's just a bit rubbish then?

The deflation in mood in this thread is quite funny

So should I watch it?

Whats your best and worst of WandaVision?

Serious question, as this has been a most absorbing thread.

Edited by Beige

I would definitely watch it, as it works on many levels for me.  I enjoy it as a love story, a meditation on grief, an homage to sitcoms from various eras, and a puzzle to solve over time.  The lead performances are all excellent, especially Olsen, Hahn, and Bettany.  I see the easter eggs and gimmicks as part of the fun, not something to obsess over and get disappointed by.  I really have enjoyed getting to know Vision and Wanda more through this lens, especially in these latest episodes when we learn how it all went down for Wanda following Endgame.

YMMV, of course, but if you like the MCU in general I'd definitely encourage you to see it -- it's a slow build, but a valuable one.

Dan

20 minutes ago, Beige said:

So should I watch it?

Yes absolutely. It's an excellent meditation on grief and the grieving process. The leads give stellar performances, especially Olsen. People may complain about easter eggs and theories that have gone unfulfilled, but I think that's absurd.

30 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Yes absolutely. It's an excellent meditation on grief and the grieving process. The leads give stellar performances, especially Olsen. People may complain about easter eggs and theories that have gone unfulfilled, but I think that's absurd.

Yes it is, except for the first 7 episodes. :D

If anything, taken on a whole, all episodes combined - it's an even better peak into the mind of a person who is slowly going insane. It makes that much sense. If you've ever had a conversation with someone who had "lost their mind" (dementia, psychosis, etc.), this is a shade of that reality in their mind.

12 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Let’s slow down on the Olsens the greatest actress in the world

She's doing an exceptional job. I'm not sure that's controversial. Nobody's saying she's the "greatest actress in the world" or anything, but credit where credit is due.