• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

Here is something I picked up from a twitch stream of some guys talking about the show that I hadn’t heard before. 

The guy suggested that what if Westview is kind of like Pleasant Hill from the comics? A town where supervillains lived peacefully as their minds were warped by the cosmic cube to behave like regular citizens in a quiet town. What if Wanda/Agatha/whoever is doing something like this, hence why we have references to a lot of other potential villains and that’s how some get introduced as having been around all along? 

Was a theory I hadn’t yet seen or heard.

2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

No kidding...just checked sold listings on eBay. Things are getting gobbled up...

And my two copies are Canadian price variants as well ;).  

I'll still remember all of you when I'm a billionaire.

@herc2000

I appreciate your general position.

I appreciate even more your position on Bettany. With his red face & flowing cape, Vision in the comics had for me an aloof air of mystery, perhaps menace. He wasn't human and certainly wasn't a suburban dad.

As Vision, Bettany is the polite British chap he must be IRL. His Vision, while never boorish, is a terrible bore.

If the criticism from the non-comics crowd is: who the heck is Agatha? *yawn*

Then the same criticism from the non-comics crowd would equally level against Iron Monger, Red Skull, Thanos, and all the rest. Who the heck are they? *yawn* 

Edited by TupennyConan

Also, just to talk out loud some more, if Mephisto is behind this, it has to do with Wandas kids right? They play a role. So maybe Mephisto has some hold over Agatha (her son or something) which is why she is doing his bidding.

Maybe Wanda would never have bad children without Vision. So Agatha tells her what SWORD is doing and says she can help her set up a world where Wanda is in control and it can be how she likes it. The thing is, maybe Wanda doesn’t go along with it at first which is why she half seems to know Agatha is helping her but also under a trance herself sometimes. 

But if this is the case, does that mean the kids are real? Or do they even have to be? As long as they are within the Hex, maybe that’s all Mephisto needs to get what he wants. I dunno I just can’t seem to put it all together haha.

I don’t think any other villain is needed. Like if Chthon is controlling Agatha to do Mephisto bidding seems too many steps removed. And hey maybe Mephisto is not involved at all. But I also like what was said about the book at the end being different from the Darkhold seen in Agents of Shield. Why do that if they are meant to be the same? Unless they are different objects entirely which is what I am betting on.

10 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Interesting, I had no idea--I just thought that was the first time we saw the actual Jarvis Tony named his AI after.  That suggests that either the book in the basement isn't the Darkhold, there's no book at all and it's all illusion, or there is a book there but its actual appearance is being masked by illusion.

You mean other than two weeks ago when myself and someone else noted how Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD had MCU references throughout the shows?

:baiting:

2 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

Then the same criticism from the non-comics crowd would equally level against Iron Monger, Red Skull, Thanos, and all the rest. Who the heck are they? *yawn* 

Well to be honest if Agatha is the only bad guy that is a pretty big yawn. First, Hahn has been listed as this character in multiple sites since before the show so it’s no surprise. The surprise should be why? Or who is helping/manipulating her? 

I would be very disappointed if they rewrote Agatha as an evil witch character doing this all by herself. 

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

Well to be honest if Agatha is the only bad guy that is a pretty big yawn. First, Hahn has been listed as this character in multiple sites since before the show so it’s no surprise. The surprise should be why? Or who is helping/manipulating her? 

I would be very disappointed if they rewrote Agatha as an evil witch character doing this all by herself. 

I too hope for some other classic villain to appear but that wasn't my point.

My point was this: MEPHISTO arrives & the non-comics crowd protests, who the heck is this? *yawn*

Since we know that there's still some shared scene between Bettany and an actor that he's always wanted to work with, I think it's safe to say that such a respected actor isn't going to be playing a bit part, so we probably still have a reveal of someone manipulating Agatha. As mentioned, Harkness isn't evil in the comics, and Feige tends to stick with the comics unless there's a good reason not to. They could have easily had Agnes turn out to be some other character if they wanted that character to be a legitimate baddie.

7 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

+1. I’m hoping that Agatha isn’t the final boss character.  

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Since we know that there's still some shared scene between Bettany and an actor that he's always wanted to work with, I think it's safe to say that such a respected actor isn't going to be playing a bit part, so we probably still have a reveal of someone manipulating Agatha. As mentioned, Harkness isn't evil in the comics, and Feige tends to stick with the comics unless there's a good reason not to. They could have easily had Agnes turn out to be some other character if they wanted that character to be a legitimate baddie.

Agreed! There's a reason why those symbols came into focus in Agatha's basement. Especially that one with the big 'C' standing out.

WandaVision_sumbols.PNG.efb8b324c562607fa717f65df7861407.PNG

It seems like Agatha or whoever really wants to keep Vision out of the picture now. Why wasn’t this always the case? Is it because they thought they could control him  (and maybe even needed him to convince Wanda to have kids) but now they can’t hence why we see Agatha last episode telling Vision to keep going toward the edge and in this episode, seemingly delaying him and Darcy from getting back.

They must have some minor control over him though because he seems out of sorts all throughout the show. Forgetting dates, eating gum, forgetting he can fly instead of driving in a friggen funnel cake truck from the forties, etc

1 hour ago, TupennyConan said:

It was the elaborate "Ta-DA!!" presentation of Agatha as if she was a famous powerful villain like everyone should know who she is that kinda left him head scratching.

Edited by jcjames

There is a theory Senor Scratchy is the mailman so possibly Agatha's son or Ralph with his 'Presto' shirt and rabbit on his hat.

presto.PNG.e2b8eaa1805a33b7a018f00a71c62c37.PNG

And I didn't catch when Monica runs into Pietro the car license plate is not from New Jersey.

Conneticut.thumb.PNG.43bae41294ac47f6396a279a7eb2d5de.PNG

56 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

I too hope for some other classic villain to appear but that wasn't my point.

My point was this: MEPHISTO arrives & the non-comics crowd protests, who the heck is this? *yawn*

I do hear what you're saying but for Mephisto you can say, "Well, Mephisto is a muli-dimensional devil/satan with incredible powers and who torments superheroes left and right, steals children and souls and is a major powerful bad guy from hell..."

For Agatha "Well, Agatha is this old lady ancient witch who was also a nanny and who helped the FF, and who helps Wanda master her powers and is generally a good sorceress... Ta-DA!!!"

Edited by jcjames

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Interesting, I had no idea--I just thought that was the first time we saw the actual Jarvis Tony named his AI after.  That suggests that either the book in the basement isn't the Darkhold, there's no book at all and it's all illusion, or there is a book there but its actual appearance is being masked by illusion.

It's a small connection, but it's very deliberate. They could've made it a random chauffeur, but they chose James Darcy and his portrayal of Edwin Jarvis he played for 2 seasons. I think it does a lot for legitimizing the canon status of at the very least Agent Carter and by extension Agents of SHIELD.

Not sure why you think the book wouldn't exist? There are a plethora of magic tomes in the Marvel Universe, Doctor Strange had a whole library full at Kamar Taj. Theres a good chunk of famous ones we haven't seen like the book of the Vishanti, the Necronomicon, the tome of Zhered Na and plenty of other spellbooks and grimoires.