• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

As has been mentioned, there's isn't really a re-watch-ability factor here. The first 3 episodes are slow AF. Episodes 4 and 5 are pretty good. Then Episode 6 is the worst of the series. Episode 7 is somewhere in the middle. The writing just isn't great. I would've liked to have seen some consistency in quality and pacing.

I have lowered expectations, again, so maybe the last 2 episodes will be a pleasant surprise.

Anyone who reacts "Haha" to this post agrees that Captain Marvel is a mediocre movie, and Spider-Man will lead the MCU franchise going forward.

Edited by Angel of Death

4 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

By the way, when is Sony going to let Marvel put the Spiderman movies on Disney+? I'd go back and re-watch Far From Home if it was on Disney+ because the act of finding my 4K disc, turning on the 4K player, and putting the darn disc in  is now officially too much trouble for me. I'll probably never watch either MCU Spiderman movie until they get released on Disney+, especially since neither movie is that consequential to the larger MCU.

Disney would have to pony up quite a bit for that to happen.  As long as TNT/TBS, FX, SciFy, etc are willing to pay more to show Marvel films Sony will keep selling to them.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Or  have it be just the way it is for the 99.999% of the rest of the viewing audience.

In no way, shape, or form does anything close to 99% of watchers think this is a well-written or well-paced show. It's sadly mediocre for its budget.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

As I've said before, there is no "vs". There is no competition. Your previous post just reminded me of the value of an assortment of fine jellies in the morning.

:roflmao:

Keep working on those core muscles. That remote control is just within reach.

Squats.gif.99e62d545863cf60e7bf66f2f73edbd9.gif

10 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Disney would have to pony up quite a bit for that to happen.  As long as TNT/TBS, FX, SciFy, etc are willing to pay more to show Marvel films Sony will keep selling to them.

The Spider-man series, Venom, and I assume Morbius and other Marvel tie-ins will be headed to Sony's streaming service. 

https://thenextweb.com/plugged/2021/01/12/sony-is-launching-a-streaming-service-with-blu-ray-picture-quality-but-only-for-its-bravia-tvs/

On a different note, I've been reflecting on the WandaVision end credits theme song (other than the 7 minutes of credits filler).

Does the sound effect at the end of the soundtrack indicate someone walking through her mind? Or is it a clock ticking? Could it hint to something else going on?

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The Spider-man series, Venom, and I assume Morbius and other Marvel tie-ins will be headed to Sony's streaming service. 

https://thenextweb.com/plugged/2021/01/12/sony-is-launching-a-streaming-service-with-blu-ray-picture-quality-but-only-for-its-bravia-tvs/

Ughh.  Why would Sony get into this game?  Their content library is SO meager if they charge any more than $5 a month they're delusional, and I wouldn't even pay $5 for what they have.  I'd consider it at $1.99/month, but I don't even think I'd pay that.

13 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Ughh.  Why would Sony get into this game?  Their content library is SO meager if they charge any more than $5 a month they're delusional, and I wouldn't even pay $5 for what they have.  I'd consider it at $1.99/month, but I don't even think I'd pay that.

Hoping sometime soon the studios start to realize their best bet is streaming services consolidation.

Expecting consumers to pay for each of these services individually (including Disney+ :whatthe: ) is ridiculous.

Disney Plus was a no-brainer for me.  Even if they hadn't bought my favorite two properties in Lucasfilm and Marvel I'd probably still be subscribing since I have young kids, but the combo of their cartoons AND all of my favorite stuff means I'm hooked for life.

31 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

In no way, shape, or form does anything close to 99% of watchers think this is a well-written or well-paced show. It's sadly mediocre for its budget.

Is that why the show is a global phenomenon that crashed the Disney+ app Friday morning from fans trying to watch the weekly premiere?

I'm a bit burned out on solving the Wandavision mystery.  If the clues were pointed in one direction I'd still be engaged, but at this point I feel like they're throwing in so much misdirection that I'm burned out by it.  There's enough decent evidence for Chthon, Immortus, and Mephisto that I won't be surprised if it's one or several of those.  If it isn't and Nightmare rises up from nowhere as the solitary bad with little or no evidence that it's him I'm going to probably be absolutely pissed that they threw out all of the false flags unless they tie up how he could be doing all of this yet still remotely tied to his powers and limitations from the comics with the most elaborate bow I can imagine.  :taptaptap:

7 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Is that why the show is a global phenomenon that crashed the Disney+ app Friday morning from fans trying to watch the weekly premiere?

Disney+ has been called out on this as a capacity planning problem.

Disney+ Down Error Code 83, 401: Server Outage Persists After Viral 'WandaVision' Episode Goes on Air!

Disney+ servers are currently down and facing several error codes 83 and 401. This comes after a viral episode of Marvel Studios' "WandaVision" has aired, in what seems to be an overload on the streaming platform. Disney and its streaming service may not have been expecting this, as a massive load of people was tuned in to the new Marvel series.

This would not be the first and only Marvel television series that would stream in the platform, as "WandaVision" would only be the first of the MCU's Phase 4 in streaming. The cinematic universe would also include "Falcon and The Winter Soldier," "Loki," and several unnamed series and wide-release films that would stream in Disney+.

With this first incident, Disney+ should be upgrading its servers to handle the load and volume of users in the platform, especially if it would plan a digital release of the MCU's films including "Black Widow," "The Eternals," etc., which are all slated for a 2021 release (and if it would follow "Mulan's" 2020 virtual release).

No matter the popularity of a show, if Disney+ recognizes it is spinning up massive demand and growth to take over the top streaming spot, then you build out your platform to handle such demands. Outages are not a sign of WINNING!

9 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Server failures support your argument, how?

Because millions of people around the world (where the Disney+ app is available) were all trying to watch last week's premiere at once Friday morning because that's how captivated everybody has been by the WandaVision mystery. The reason so many people are captivated is because the show is well written. Obviously it's not for everyone, but at the moment, it seems to be for a pretty good percentage of everyone.