• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PMG Avengers 9
2 2

35 posts in this topic

Here's one that should be fun. Picked this up a few years ago cheap. Figured it would be a project one day, and today is the day. 

Will send it in this week to be graded so it will be a while before I post the final results. Scan is before pressing. Will not have a post pressing scan. Want to test everyone's skills a little bit here. 

148951206_av9fc001.thumb.jpg.ecf75bdb5088691e051a0998b479b480.jpg

1016316283_av9bc001.thumb.jpg.379124f9cd1a28cf0f65487cea74394f.jpg

:hi:

this is a tough one. that's quite a bit of color breaking vertical creasing along the spine and some horizontal breaks to. I'm in the 5.0 camp. Maybe I'll run into you in Chi Town this year.

12 hours ago, comicquant said:

I think once its pressed it'll look dramatically different.  What looks like a readers crease now is actually the fold crease.  I think that would have a shot at a 7.0.

I agree. That fold crease... with Joey?

giphy.gif

7.0 for me too. :)

6.0 for me. Even if you move that huge vertical crease from the front cover to the apex of the spine, you are then going to have a huge vertical crease on the back cover from the current fold of the spine. Transverse creases aren't going anywhere but they might be "hidden" a bit by moving the main crease. The rest of the book is really nice but I'm still thinking nothing higher than a 6.0