• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage May 16 - 18 Comic Art Signature Auction - Chicago
3 3

764 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

Any guesses on final hammer?  Low 6 figures

Maybe the Buyer's Premium will be. 

5 hours ago, Matches_Malone said:

Conan the Destroyer sold for $1.5 million back in 2010.  I would imagine it will be around that number.

Well, the 4th or 5th best Deathdealer painting went for $1.8 million with a significant amount of live bidding activity, and Egyptian Queen is by most estimates a more popular and better piece than DD #6

1563327941_DD6.thumb.jpg.7a71169062fd16b12d1133b077fb635e.jpg

4 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

I mean, isnt it a top 2-3 of his works all time, with some bending to 1?

4 million.

That is a reasonable guess.

Knowing enough of the recent history of the piece to be dangerous, I think anyone betting "the under" on $3 million might as well light their money on fire right now, and that a 4-handle (or higher) is likely.  But, 3-handle at a minimum.  

38 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Well, the 4th or 5th best Deathdealer painting went for $1.8 million with a significant amount of live bidding activity, and Egyptian Queen is by most estimates a more popular and better piece than DD #6

And that was for zero boobs... and these are DD's....   (I don't mean daredevil...)...... maybe we should be talking $29.6 million hm  

Edited by Bronty

Curious what list this went out on?? I still don't see it on HA. Clearly I am not on this list ;)

I love that I can see the texture on top left of the posted image. I cannot wait for the full HA reveal so I can zoom in on this one. 

I suspect I have different tastes than most. This is not one of my top pieces but I tend to the Death Dealer and Conan theme moreso than the babe theme. I know I am likely in the minority on that.

Edited by cstojano

26 minutes ago, cstojano said:

Curious what list this went out on?? I still don't see it on HA. Clearly I am not on this list ;)

I love that I can see the texture on top left of the posted image. I cannot wait for the full HA reveal so I can zoom in on this one. 

I suspect I have different tastes than most. This is not one of my top pieces but I tend to the Death Dealer and Conan theme moreso than the babe theme. I know I am likely in the minority on that.

Nothing wrong with enjoying dudes, dude.

2 hours ago, delekkerste said:

That is a reasonable guess.

Knowing enough of the recent history of the piece to be dangerous, I think anyone betting "the under" on $3 million might as well light their money on fire right now, and that a 4-handle (or higher) is likely.  But, 3-handle at a minimum.  

I was thinking 2.5 the other day when I saw the OP, the reasoning being the air always gets really thin above $1m in this hobby. But I also agree that $1, $2m, $3m is the same for nearly all of us (as in: it ain't happening regardless!) and so what do I know?! It will be exciting to see what happens and how it happens. For me, the same as how Fritz #1 played out.