• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage May 16 - 18 Comic Art Signature Auction - Chicago
3 3

764 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, buttock said:

But what about the perm?

Yeah!!! What About the PERM!??!!

1 minute ago, tth2 said:

I vote for more spikes through my eyes.

Isn't that the name of her last gallery show? 

14 hours ago, tth2 said:

I vote for more spikes through my eyes.

I don't know her body of work, but that's really not a bad painting if you forgive the subject matter.   :sumo:   A quick google search shows me there are some rough ones though :eek:

272FA307-55D6-4AC8-9FCC-A9130AA3FCB8.jpe

Edited by Bronty

4 minutes ago, Bronty said:

sweet.   Didn't that cover (or maybe it was a klaw cover?) already sell somewhere.  clink maybe?

I’m not sure. I am waiting for them to post the image to make sure there are no signatures. 

7 hours ago, Bronty said:

sweet.   Didn't that cover (or maybe it was a klaw cover?) already sell somewhere.  clink maybe?

The page 1 title splash to the Klaw issue (FF 56?) sold on CLink and I believe the page 1 title splash to FF 70 also sold on CLInk

56 minutes ago, Bill C said:

This is gonna be one fun action to watch. Such a variety of killer pieces.

Agreed. There is a lot of quality in the meaty middle of this one. I'd love to see the list of consignors to see if all of this is coming from a variety of people (encouraged by the high prices lately) or just from a handful who've decided now is the time to finally cash out and exit the hobby.

11 hours ago, Ironmandrd said:

The page 1 title splash to the Klaw issue (FF 56?) sold on CLink and I believe the page 1 title splash to FF 70 also sold on CLInk

I'm going to date myself with this post but I believe All Star Auctions sold the cover to FF 56 nearly 20 years ago in one of their sales (ahh, the good ol' days)

19 hours ago, Bronty said:

I don't know her body of work, but that's really not a bad painting if you forgive the subject matter.   :sumo:   A quick google search shows me there are some rough ones though :eek:

272FA307-55D6-4AC8-9FCC-A9130AA3FCB8.jpe

I believe this one was owned by Saddam Hussein.  No. Not kidding. 😂

13 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I thought it was said that saddam only had prints and not originals?   Dunno.  I do remember hearing he was a fan :eek:

Iirc, they were larger recreations and I think it was his son.

And for the record, I'm a Rowena fan! She's done some terrific work-

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=900&q=rowena+morril&btnG=Search+by+image&oq=&gs_l=

Edited by BCarter27

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

I thought it was said that saddam only had prints and not originals?   Dunno.  I do remember hearing he was a fan :eek:

Yeah, my wife used to derisively refer to my former Boris & other comic/fantasy related paintings as "Saddam Hussein art". :eek: 

17 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Yeah, my wife used to derisively refer to my former Boris & other comic/fantasy related paintings as "Saddam Hussein art". :eek: 

Ehhh.   Why let that bother you.

Edited by Bronty

5 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Sounds like you need a Rowena above the headboard to me.   Tick her off with that and she won't care if you put the dishes in the sink or not ^^

I am looking at this HA coming up and it seems pretty obvious that something is up. There are a ton of stellar OA pieces coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden. Are big hitters and dealers basically putting up collateral to make a play for the Frazetta? Or is there a cascading effect where the collateral itself is so desirable, that its bringing other stuff out.

Edited by PhilipB2k17