• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage May 16 - 18 Comic Art Signature Auction - Chicago
3 3

764 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Mr bla bla said:

5,4 mill. With premiums.

900k gift to HA; my impression the family had a figure they wanted privately...couldn't get it...put it up at HA and...got it. Big drama (not).

Just now, Mmehdy said:

...I would lean towards Jim

Then Jim broke his own rules by bidding LIVE unless it was a "friend" that called in (and somehow qualified for a $4.5 bid lol )

6 minutes ago, vodou said:

Then Jim broke his own rules by bidding LIVE unless it was a "friend" that called in (and somehow qualified for a $4.5 bid lol )

I have not seen Jim in person in any LA Ha auction...I don't know if he is there, however he has a right to call in a bid...anybody can bid. It is most likely a museum....Georges...

Edited by Mmehdy

6 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

Opus cover for $26K. Ouch. That's so low, I almost bid on it. (:

Conan 10 cover at $66K. Much stronger than I thought!

Never liked the Opus 1 cover. The Opus 2 is like a thousand times nicer. But, I may be biased. :D 

The Conan 10 cover only sold for one bid increment more than the last two covers.  To me, that's just normal market fluctuation; the sad fact remains is that BWS Conan is flat on its Cimmerian azz. 

3 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

Assuming they would even take it... Does anyone think Sotheby's or Christie's would've yielded a stronger result on EQ?

No.

Unless they wanted to make a splash in this market.

Edited by Nexus

2 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

Assuming they would even take it... Does anyone think Sotheby's or Christie's would've yielded a stronger result on EQ?

I think Ha when it comes market share on interested comic art collectors....cant be beat..EQ hit the top price anywhere or any place