• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage May 16 - 18 Comic Art Signature Auction - Chicago
3 3

764 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

Bloom County strips don't go for alot compared to Peanuts. It is the first appearance but very few would remember the content. Not like first appearance of Wolverine, people know that. This Sunday isn't that famous.

But dont you think Bloom County is in a sweet spot for people with disposable cash and fond memories of the series?  My college paper carried it and I remember reading it daily because the paper was free and Bloom County was always great.  Their is one strip where I would hate to think what I would be willing to pay.

Edited by batman_fan

32 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Getting ugly sigs or coloring today, though, is a big (tsk)  

What if your name is Donnelly and you just sort of...re-ink a lot of fading blacks and sort of help Paul Pope out a bit?

45 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Agreed. How many people even know Bill the Cat in 2019 vs. 1989? I think this piece is super cool, but, it is for a certain generation for sure. 

I just wish the lettering hadn't been done in marker. 

Most strips like Bloom County, its the gag that attracts people the most. Bill isn't even fleshed out yet.

What does everyone think of the final price on Amazing Spider-Man #293 Splash Page 1? $9K

Alot for just a gravestone and a rat. yes its from the classic Kraven's Last Hunt just surprised it went as high as it did.

Edited by Brian Peck

Just now, Brian Peck said:

What does everyone think of the final price on Amazing Spider-Man #293 Splash Page 1? $9K

Alot of just a gravestone and a rat. yes its from the classic Kraven's Last Hunt just surpised it went as high as it did.

Seeing what other splashes did in this auction I was surprised it didn't go higher. That gravestone is as iconic an image from that story line as you can get. 

Also, given that $9k is less than 1/10th of what the cover would go for it's probably on the low side just from a relative value basis. 

20 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Wow, just noticed that Jaguar God, which failed to meet its $250K hammer reserve ($300K w/BP), is marked as "Sold Post Auction" now. :whatthe: 

Auctioneer indicated, as the lot passed, that 'somebody' in the audience could reach out afterward to discuss. Presumably, interest was there but for less than $250k.

29 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

Most strips like Bloom County, its the gag that attracts people the most. Bill isn't even fleshed out yet.

Very true.  Content is king.  Sadly I did not land another Peanuts strip.  I really liked that Snoopy tied up one.

13 minutes ago, buttock said:

I got the Kubert splash.  It'll go well with my other DC war art, somehow it all ends up being aerial themed. 

That was actually a really nice one.  Price seemed strong but not insane.

40 minutes ago, buttock said:

I got the Kubert splash.  It'll go well with my other DC war art, somehow it all ends up being aerial themed. 

Kubert's run on Enemy Ace is pretty high up there on my comics are awesome meter, and so are his war comics just in general. Man really awesome splash, you've got to be stoked.

27 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Wow, just noticed that Jaguar God, which failed to meet its $250K hammer reserve ($300K w/BP), is marked as "Sold Post Auction" now. :whatthe: 

Now now...don't ruin your father's day surprise...Anna's really trying to do something special here. 

39 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Very true.  Content is king.  Sadly I did not land another Peanuts strip.  I really liked that Snoopy tied up one.

You are one of the reasons I don't own a Peanuts strip. Stop being so greedy!!!!  :flipbait:

2 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Now now...don't ruin your father's day surprise...Anna's really trying to do something special here. 

If she wanted to do something special, wouldn’t she have bought the Boris painting on CLINK :insane: