• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage May 16 - 18 Comic Art Signature Auction - Chicago
3 3

764 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rick2you2 said:

Now, I am thinking it will hit $7.5-$8 million. I originally thought it would be over $5,000,000.

Scary what this will do to his market.

We've switched places prediction wise!   I was thinking it might just do 7+ number like that before but after seeing the reserve I'm thinking it only gets a bid or two past reserve.

Edited by Bronty

12 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

130k reserve on the Byrne DPS

Consignors have really got their expectations built up in this auction.  

The reserve on the Barks WDCS 165 cover is $48k with the BP.

I think the day Gene has been dreaming of is coming soon, where expectations/greed goes up so much that reserves on high profile pieces are set so high that they start not being met, which then suddenly creates negative sentiment in the market which then rapidly develops into mass panic. 

12 minutes ago, tth2 said:

I think the day Gene has been dreaming of is coming soon, where expectations/greed goes up so much that reserves on high profile pieces are set so high that they start not being met, which then suddenly creates negative sentiment in the market which then rapidly develops into mass panic. 

Nah. 

20 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Consignors have really got their expectations built up in this auction.  

The reserve on the Barks WDCS 165 cover is $48k with the BP.

What do we say to the God of Death?

Not today. 

lol

5 minutes ago, delekkerste said:
25 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Nah. 

Now I'm really scared. :eek:

12 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

130k reserve on the Byrne DPS

I'm surprised there's even a reserve, especially at a level below where the piece sold for in 2015. Surely it's unnecessary to have a reserve that low. (shrug) 

3 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Now I'm really scared. :eek:

its a little unsettling lol

3 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

I'm surprised there's even a reserve, especially at a level below where the piece sold for in 2015. Surely it's unnecessary to have a reserve that low. (shrug) 

agreed.  why bother.

37 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

The reserve with BP is $156,000, the $130 is just the hammer....so below last sale, but by just a bid or so, not $37k

Edited by comix4fun

3 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

The reserve with BP is $156,000, the $130 is just the hammer....so below last sale, but by just a bid or so, not $37k

I know, but, surely the market for this kind of piece is up from 2015, which makes this kind of reserve below last sale (and which would lock in a loss for the seller) seems kind of unnecessary... 

Just now, delekkerste said:

I know, but, surely the market for this kind of piece is up from 2015, which makes this kind of reserve below last sale (and which would lock in a loss for the seller) seems kind of unnecessary... 

It does seem odd, I agree. Perhaps the consignor has some specific monetary goal he needs to reach and wanted to make sure that happened. Some folks are just pessimistic. 

7 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

It does seem odd, I agree. Perhaps the consignor has some specific monetary goal he needs to reach and wanted to make sure that happened. Some folks are just pessimistic. 

Maybe the consignor was ashamed and is dumping it because he hadn't gotten more signatures on it.  (shrug)

Just now, glendgold said:

Maybe the consignor was ashamed and is dumping it because he hadn't gotten more signatures on it.  (shrug)

lol 

Just now, spider9698 said:

Yeah, not having Tom Orzechowski's signature was a deal-breaker for me.

Imagine how much more it would be worth with Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and Halle Berry signatures on it..

:flipbait:

38 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

It’s a great painting, and someone might make off with a bargain there. 

I like it quite a bit but $250k is way outside my means.  The reserve doesn’t seem crazy to me but I really have no idea how Frazetta paintings are priced.

Something I hadn't noticed till now: 38 lots of Kirby art, which strikes me as more than I've seen in a single auction for a while.  I can't say that any specific page leaps out at me, and most of them are repeats --  but I recognize a few pages from long-term collections, so the results will be interesting.