• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signed comic

3 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I'm new in this business about grading comics. My question is what happen if I submit a signed comic for grading. I read that it only could certified by a witness of the company who saw it at the moment when it was signed. Of course that's not my case. So what happen if I send the comic for grading anyways (I want it encapsulated), is it considered damaged because of the signature? 

Thanks 

You essentially have two options for submission.

1.  The comic is graded for universal grading blue label, and the signature is assessed as a defect and will lower the grade.  The smaller and less obtrusive, the smaller the grade impact. 

2.  The comic can be graded green qualified, and the signature will essentially be ignored for grading purposes. 

You can contact CGC to ask them how to make it very clear on your submission form which option you choose.

13 hours ago, revat said:

You essentially have two options for submission.

With CGC, that is. You can also submit your signed book to “the other company” for verification. I did that with my 4 signed comics... all the rest went to CGC.  :)