• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oversized magazine encapsulation

8 posts in this topic

I won the lottery to get a Mia Farrow sig at Fan Expo Dallas and would like to get a Life Magazine signed.  I believe Life Magazine is too large to fit in the standard magazine size "hard" holders, but was curious if CGC would put it in one of their "soft" holders and just authenticate the sig (not grade the magazine).  Does anyone know if this is an option?

Heard back from CGC and they said you could not do that because it won't fit. That said, I am not sure why you couldn't.  I have other "soft" slab items that are much larger than a Life magazine.  All I want is to certify the sig not grade the magazine.  Oh well.....on to another plan

Edited by bigcbass

1 hour ago, Antyreal said:

From "collectibles we grade" section "CGC grades most magazines that fit within the following dimensions: 11-1/2" tall x 8-7/8" wide x 1/2" thick (except magazines with hard covers or jeweled covers)."

Again, I don't want a graded magazine, just the signature certified.  Similar to this poster I had done a while back that was 13"x13"

bC.jpg

On 3/20/2019 at 4:19 PM, bigcbass said:

Again, I don't want a graded magazine, just the signature certified.  Similar to this poster I had done a while back that was 13"x13"

bC.jpg

That is sick man, where was he signing at?

On 3/20/2019 at 5:09 PM, bigcbass said:

Heard back from CGC and they said you could not do that because it won't fit. That said, I am not sure why you couldn't.  I have other "soft" slab items that are much larger than a Life magazine.  All I want is to certify the sig not grade the magazine.  Oh well.....on to another plan

Good luck!  :wishluck: