• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics 1-26 thread ... share & discuss
2 2

218 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Bunky Brian said:

Happy  Saturday!

As the story goes, this copy was found in elderly lady home, when she retired, slipped in between the pages of a magazine and kept safe in her mementos dresser. The only comic in the house.

12052013-JerryHiBooksScan-131205-0001.jp

Wow ! Could you imagine! all I would find in a old magazine would be an expired 25c coupon for Crisco lol

3 hours ago, Bunky Brian said:

Happy  Saturday!

As the story goes, this copy was found in elderly lady home, when she retired, slipped in between the pages of a magazine and kept safe in her mementos dresser. The only comic in the house.

12052013-JerryHiBooksScan-131205-0001.jp

Nice, it looks better than a 4.5.   And that book does not exist in high grade, believe me I've looked.

6 hours ago, mwotka said:

I have a 7 that is kinda weird.  The book is fully laminated, including all interior pages.  It weighs like two pounds.  But it appears it was fully split down spine and brittle so it is easily readable now.  Oh and the coolest part... it is signed by Joe Shuster!  Here are pics showing quite a bit of the interior.  Note the Flessel splash for the text story.  I remember one story also features a yellow peril torture scene where they lock the victim in a body cage and introduce hungry rats.  The Spy story features a great Hindenburg splash, and the disaster occurred in May of '37, so this comic was probably drawn shorty after.  And of course the Thompson machine gun cover is a favorite.  

detective 7.jpg

detective 7 1.jpg

detective 7 shuster.jpg

detective 7 2.jpg

detective 7 flessel.jpg

detective 7 spy splash.jpg

Wow for all the right reason!