• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics 1-26 thread ... share & discuss
2 2

218 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, ablue said:
18 hours ago, woowoo said:

If you look close there are some mint 27's also 418913982_Tec27pic.thumb.jpg.fb3505eaf4bc7b078a8c8b02397cfbe1.jpg:ohnoez:

OMG. That's so amazing 

Well, all I can say is that it would simply be a whole lot more amazing if those books were sitting in my personal collection, instead of sitting unloved and unsold on the bottom shelf of some magazine rack where nobody can see it.  :cloud9:  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, Electricmastro said:

Detective Comics #24 as seen on the stands in January, 1939 in St. Louis.

xnhFLax.jpg

This is SUCH an awesome snapshot in time!!! No Timely issues yet, no MLJ, no Ace, etc .... SO early in the medium!!! That left side rack with the 7 visible comics is just amazing to see!!  :applause:

2 hours ago, Electricmastro said:

Detective Comics #24 as seen on the stands in January, 1939 in St. Louis.

xnhFLax.jpg

I love that shot!  Admittedly, if I could pick any two books from that rack I would say the Action and Adventure, while desperately wanting to get the Detective as well...

But I also figure I'm better off than 99.9% of the people looking at that image wishing they had ANY of the books on it...

Doc_Savage_1939_02.jpg

114.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 6:24 PM, Frisco Larson said:
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 4:13 PM, Electricmastro said:

xnhFLax.jpg

This is SUCH an awesome snapshot in time!!! No Timely issues yet, no MLJ, no Ace, etc .... SO early in the medium!!! That left side rack with the 7 visible comics is just amazing to see!!  :applause:

The first half of this old picture

comic book rack with Action 9.jpg