• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 3.0 w/color touch

13 posts in this topic

Well, I pulled the trigger and consigned my 3.5 (all 3 sides trimmed) With HA for the upcoming auction.

It was a 3.0 with some color touch..... sent it back it to remove the color touch and behold, Now they pick up trimming?

The guys at HA said I should still do well. I just want closure and move the money into a blue label in the near future.

Any idea how much % difference from a blue label I might see?

1 hour ago, Guardian Comics said:

All sides trimmed is really the death knell for a comic book and depending on the book you should expect to get 10%-25% of blue label price.

Yeah, I've got an Avengers #1 CGC 8.5 with all 3 sides trimmed. I'm figuring it'll wind up at well under $5000. Maybe under $3000. Eh... I paid under $1000 for it...

tenor.gif?itemid=3574840

...such is life. :)

1 hour ago, Guardian Comics said:

What is the book in question?  All sides trimmed is really the death knell for a comic book and depending on the book you should expect to get 10%-25% of blue label price.

Jim

Just now, BIZZARRO said:

it is an Amazing fantasy 15

2 hours ago, gotpong said:

I'm confused and not sure if you are talking to yourself or have multiple personalities or something.

No, I am in all of my senses, I was responding to guardian comics question....."What is the book in question?"

I was using the boards knowledge and experience to draw information on and determine what my outcome may look like.

Thanks for pointing out that I looked like I was talking to myself.

Write “Steve Ditko” on it purple marker, sign Spider-Man’s face “Stan lee” and scribble the whole with great power thing across the rest to hide the resto and creases. Then send it to pgx and it will come back a 9.2 unrestored signature series and you can sell it to we love comics. 

15 hours ago, BIZZARRO said:

No, I am in all of my senses, I was responding to guardian comics question....."What is the book in question?"

I was using the boards knowledge and experience to draw information on and determine what my outcome may look like.

Thanks for pointing out that I looked like I was talking to myself.

You should see a nice return from your investment...  :acclaim:

On 3/18/2019 at 11:26 PM, BIZZARRO said:

Well, I pulled the trigger and consigned my 3.5 (all 3 sides trimmed) With HA for the upcoming auction.

It was a 3.0 with some color touch..... sent it back it to remove the color touch and behold, Now they pick up trimming?

The guys at HA said I should still do well. I just want closure and move the money into a blue label in the near future.

Any idea how much % difference from a blue label I might see?

12 month average for a Universal in 3.5 is just over $20,000. Most recent sale for $23,000.

A trimmed 3.5 sold in 2015 for $5736. But that's 4 years ago.

I think you'll see close to $10,000. JMHO; YMMV.